Ice skating's brightest stars to shine in Greenville | Golden Skate

Ice skating's brightest stars to shine in Greenville

CDMM1991

Medalist
Interesting article, thanks RD. It's nice to have an article about Sasha that doesn't mention her splatting in every program, and her disappointments this year. She seems to be having a lot of fun where she is right now. I just don't think competition is for her.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Eeyora said:
:unsure: I don't know about that program?

I know it just seems a bit off... espcially when you think of the hideously ugly dress she's obligated to wear from Project Runway... :laugh:

tarotx

On the Ice
Sasha is not wearing the Project runway dress. She has always had great skating dresses even though some times she picks bad colors.

The milatary has been a big fan base for years (especially after the Olympics) so it probably helped her choose what music to use.

password

On the Ice
People who follow the sport probably will be bored by it....but It'll be a hit with the general audience though ...Americans love that patriotic type stuff

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeay for random Scott Hamilton mentions (ok so he was quoted but still lol)

I think she will do God Bless America justice, she definitely has the style and line that will do well with a Dion ballad... Melissa and Denis skated to that song a few years back and it was absolutely gorgeous!

as for filming Vegas... I hate that show but I may tune in to see how she does... :)

Is the Ben Stiller skating movie the same one as the Will Ferrel one (he plays a disgraced Olympic figure skater, according to this weeks people magazine... with a 70s/80s haircut and that era's style of men's costume BLECH)? Because I'm not sure I'd want to be a part of anything so stupid lol (Ferrel and Stiller are two of my least favorite "comedians" so one dimensional!)

Last edited:

password

On the Ice
But maybe its a cast exhibition song...the article didn't specify. That would be pretty weird though. Do they change their exhibitions for every year or has anyone used the same thing for two consecutive tours? never seen coi.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mr. Jim Fair writes ...........A four-month tour with Champions On Ice will give Sasha some rest

Is he crazy???

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
CDMM1991 said:
Interesting article, thanks RD. It's nice to have an article about Sasha that doesn't mention her splatting in every program, and her disappointments this year.

Makes sense since IIRC the author actually runs her official site

I just don't think competition is for her.

ITA.

Last edited:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
I think that song is so wrong for Sasha. Gregory and Petukhov skated beautifully to it, but I don't think it works at all for Sasha.

R.D.

Record Breaker
sounds like it wouldn't, but I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it.

password

On the Ice
Wow...i never noticed she has a sh**load of letters from the military on her site...I like the pic of the group of soldiers
your right...thats probably why she's doing it

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Last edited: