Inoue and Baldwin Year in Review | Golden Skate

Inoue and Baldwin Year in Review

D

dlksk8fan

Re: Inoue and Baldwin Year in Review

Thanks for the link SkateFan, I really like this pairs team. I hope next season is a good one for them.

B

BronzeisGolden02

A Bright Light

What I watched of US pairs this year was disheartening, all but Inoue & Baldwin! They aren't there yet but what they do have is spark and charisma. They are the bright light in US pairs skating to me at this point and I hope they can fulfill their potential. I'm still not over that random 5.9 they received for presentation in the SP at Worlds either! LOL, either a big mistake or someone else saw the same potential!

J

Joesitz

Re: A Bright Light

Very nice budding team for the USA. They may be ready for 2006. I wonder how the COP will deal with Pairs?

Joe

S

SkateFan4Life

I was really pleased to see John Baldwin finally make a World Team, after so many years competing in singles competition and never coming close to the podium. The fact that he and Inoue have a romantic relationship off the ice adds to their charm, passion, and unison on the ice. I think they could become national champions someday, if they continue to develop their technical and artistic skills.

D

DORISPULASKI

ITA with all that has been said--and with COP, SBS triple lutz would definitely help! But what I really like about this team:
improved speed
beautiful pair spirals with nicely aligned and extended limbs
decent split twist

For 2 single skaters, they need to get that timing right on the SBS jumps so they don't double or fall on them.

I wish them all luck!

John Baldwin is certainly the best example out there of 'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.'

And their romantic connection helps a lot too!

dpp