Survivor Pananma | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Survivor Pananma

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
that's exactly what Amber did last year in "All-Stars".

Bing!!!:agree:

And I don't think she "should win the mill" just be the runner up and have Cirie win it. I thought I made that clear. Plus, "flying under the radar" is nothing to scoff at. At least she isn't baring her buns like thew last "cute girl" did to win. Not the most useful, yet that has gotten people voted off for being to good to go up against. If she "pulls no rabbits" to show why she should win here at the end, she shouldn't. But Not playing but playing is a used course of action in the past.

As far as "just because she's cute," no she should not win just for that. At least Amber played (and a presumption would say then fell in love) a person who helped her win. I don't know where Dani is going with this, and if it is as most are thinking, that is too bad. But if she has us all fooled including players too bad she went as far as she did. Rob and Amber was nice as a PLUS for both guys and girls. I still would watch anyway, just is "nicer" plus the fact she might have something up the sleeve. And she will not be nearly as attractive if she turns out to be exactly what she appears to be - "a Dear in the Headlights." - but I am afraid that will be the case. Just hope she is playing a new spin so it won't be noticed even by Jeff. He always makes a "strange comment" during the challenges that seem to come from somewhere. Maybe she thinks hiding her strategy even from the solo camera time will be an advantage no one else has had. - but then again, probably not.

Hope'n

Jhar55

Medalist
Any guess what going to happen tonight at trible councle? They said it was going to be a schocker, I am guessing they are going to vote out 2 people. Another good twist would be since this is when the bring in family members let the family members vote off the next person. I think they always let someone slide through
thinking that because they didn't really do anything no one would vote for them to win. As in Ambers' case Rob took her along thinking just that. An I am one who was happy they didn't win Amazing Race and didn't think the camera crew had anything to do with it, they got lost in Miami that's why they lost.

sk8er1964

On the Ice
So, Shane is gone. Takes a lot of the amusement out of the show. I don't believe for a second that Danielle will align with Terry (the previews). At this point, I'd like to see Terry and Cerie in the final two as the most deserving players.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I swear. Shane was on a roll tonight.

And...whatever happened to that tribal council twist thingy? Must have come from one of those gossip so-called "spoiler" boards.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I don't mean to offended, this is just in the spirt of the game.

:) Terry is the ultimate twerp at this point, confidence is one thing. But the cocky....well that about sums it up. I really like how Shane painted a bulls-eye on Cirie's back by saying how wonderful she was and no one should go up against her and expect to win - of course he didn't know he was doing it which made it that much better to have him gone. Also he was the most likely to get sucked in to Terry's desperation game. This is just proving the point that even if you can win all immunities, that may not mean squat.

Terry is building a lot of animosity for himself now, if the jury realizes that the main reason they went when they did was because of T, well, cocky boy with the wife who will lie instead of just not saying anything, Karma:p . And what a doof, wives are more important then Moms? - then the one who raised him maybe, but how many wives are Moms? He should know at 40 something to just keep his mouth shut instead of trying to have a pissing contest - true colors can't hide behind a flag. He just looks stupider as the days go by. Of course if he does win it won't be the first moron to do so.:yes:

Dani:p - still in there, not so happy with her lack of doing anything to deserve it - but that might be the best thing to do, but happier than Shane.:p :p What a great father figure that guy is....don't think so Tim! This is the guy who said "I will come over to your ****** little apartment and kill you and then go right to my club. I mean it." I think D is the way to win in a jury at this point, who would vote for her over someone else (well maybe over Terry)? And Shane saying he hadn't lied, well that being true would be a main reason to get him gone, most admirable eh, well I don't want to be up against you in 2. By By blubbering Baka!

I should never doubt the "organizers" of this show, no matter how mad I get - Rupert leaving I almost Freaked! - it always is entertaining and in some strange way satisfying. I don't really like Jeff, but I do - he has a way of making it seem right no matter the outcome.

IMO, Shane freaking so "willingly" was to just try and ensure a spot in an All-Star. He didn't keep it up long enough for it to work in this game. Could have been good -" I feel so sorry for that guys son Boston, we better give him the money so he can afford Therapy for dad." Oh well, he blew that one too.

If Dani aligns with Terry, that might be wise on her part -Terry I am sure thinks he can win against her in 2 - But that might be the wisest move for her to make considering he is the only one she COULD beat.

I don't mean to offended, this is just in the spirt of the game.

Last edited:

Kasey

Medalist
Shane was a bit of a whackjob, but definitely brought a lot more energy to the show. It will be fun to watch him on the jury, but the next two shows will be booorrrringggg with him gone.

Danielle is a lazy a$$ who has not even effectively flown under the radar...she's a dip who deserves absolutely nothing, but will unfortunately make it to the final two. Dangit.

Aras is a blah, bland whiner. You wanted more time with your mom, win the stupid challenge, buttwad. It wasn't Terry's choice to have to make the decision of who gets the "love time"....he made the best decisions he thought he could, and in his position, I probably would have thought "Spouse first, child next, mom's last" in terms of who gets what....although, that said, I think to win points, I would have chosen myself to go to exile Island with nothing, to score brownie points with the others.

That said, Terry has all the personality and social skill of a venereal disease. Confidence is one thing. Cocky arrogance is just obnoxious. He's won the car, he's jinxed himself for the Mill....but could make it to final 2.

Cirie is the only one I like at all....but because I like her, she's doomed (I've liked the winner best in 2 whole seasons of Survivor). Plus, at some point all those folks on the jury will start sharing notes and realize that they are there because of HER! Too bad, because she's a riot.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Kasey said:
Cirie is the only one I like at all....but because I like her, she's doomed (I've liked the winner best in 2 whole seasons of Survivor). Plus, at some point all those folks on the jury will start sharing notes and realize that they are there because of HER! Too bad, because she's a riot.

I agree over all with that, I do like Dani a wee little bit though - she is growing up. And effectively "under the radar" is a little proof in the pudding there for me, it has worked well so far - best she could have ever hoped for if she had a clue. I really liked Cirie's hubby, he was a stand up guy.

I don't know if the theory behind giving the "love time away" and going to castaway myself. I think they would have seen that as a ploy, JMO. I think that Cirie also had no choice to go that way and has played the game the best she can considering that Terry has forced this and been rather weird about that idol he has. But alas I belive you are 100% on, she is doomed:frown: Still can't quite understand why Dani didn't just take the idol even if it wasn't needed.? Get it out of there. She is not that bright.

BTW, "Aras is a blah, bland whiner. You wanted more time with your mom, win the stupid challenge, buttwad." so true!But what was Terry even bring up how great his "very little sleep" time was with his devious wife for anyway? Double "wads." He can hang with his "sister" Cort soon I hope. It also seems like only 2 are not favoring Dani over Terry on the Jury to me, at least Dani can say "I went with ... and I didn't want to vote you but.... I was just trying to stay in the game. If out-wit means go with what keeps you in" then that is ALL she has done, ever. If stupid is as stupid does, and if stupid did so as innocently as possible, then stupid will be forgiven.

Aras might win one and change the whole composure, that will bring it down to one fight left for immunity, what will that be...? Yes one of the best overall Survivors - but it doesn't have those magic moments like Rupert and Richard brought, and still no one has played as well as Rob.

Last edited:

Jhar55

Medalist
Well it seems they try to lead you to something really big is going to happen but it didn't, other then Terry winning again for the 5th straight time. (which might be a record) I am happy Shane got vote off but also happy that Terry took him and his son on the overnight, no matter how much you don't care for him how could you send the little boy home. That was the only thing I like about Shane was they way he talked about his son and how important hw was to him.
And I guess the secret idol is still good for next week which will at least send Terry to final 3.

But Terry should have let the other married couple, Cirie and her husband, go to the hotel, and let Shane's son spend the night at Survivor camp. That would have been a cooler experience for the boy.

BTW, when Shane was on Good Morning America just now, they mentioned that he was an actor who had appeared, for instance, on Third Rock from the Sun. I have noticed this trend in these so-called "reality" shows. The guy who won the amazing race a couple of seasons ago played the young Muhammed Ali in a movie. The guy who won the first Apprentice had made the rounds of other reality shows and had been on television several times.

I think they have gotten away from the idea of ordinary boring people doing ordinary unscripted things (like the first Real World, Road Rules and Big Brother). It seems like you at least need an agent to get on these shows.

MM

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
But Terry should have let the other married couple, Cirie and her husband, go to the hotel, and let Shane's son spend the night at Survivor camp. That would have been a cooler experience for the boy.
MM
Math, I think Terry was using strategy hoping that Shane would side in with him and again his plans are thrown by the wayside. I think the reason he didn’t give the hotel to Cirie is that he gave her chances to side in with him and she chose not to. Aras was acting like a big baby. Terry was right --- he chose his wife. I think any decent mother would think what is wrong with my son/daughter choosing me instead of their husband/wife. All I saw was a bunch of ungrateful people who couldn’t even thank Terry.

I don’t see Terry as being arrogant or cocky, why do you???

It’s too bad that Danielle wasn’t exiled for a longer period of time. Why did she think she deserved anything. I was sorry to see Shane leave and Danielle stay.

Math, did you know that Shane is originally from Omaha Nebraska. We hate him here. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Jhar55

Medalist
I didn't know this about actors being on Amazing Race or Survior, other than a few wanna be "stars' Shane was always said to be an marketing exective.
Sometime I've thought that about Big Brother that some were actors

Jhar55-1 said:
Sometime I've thought that about Big Brother that some were actors
Yeah, remember "Holly" from Big Brother 5 and her boyfriend Jase, the so-called "fireman?" :laugh:

Dee said:
Math, I think Terry was using strategy hoping that Shane would side in with him and again his plans are thrown by the wayside.
I think Terry's strategy is based on who he thinks he might have a chance to beat in the voting.

It's pretty clear that no one can beat Terry at anything, so it is likely to go down to Terry winning the last immunity challenge and picking who he wants to take with him.

His first choice was Courtney, who people seemed to hate even worse than they did Terry. When the Aras/Cirie Axis foiled that by sending Courtney home, Terry's second choice was Shane. Everybody thinks Shane is crazy, so they might have voted for Terry over Shane.

Now his last hope is Dani. It's a long shot, but maybe the voters will think Terry played the game well and Dani didn't do much of anything, so Terry might get a couple of votes against Dani.

Worst for Terry is Cirie or Aras, who are the two most popular.

BUT -- the master player is Cirie. Her strategy is just the opposite. She, too, knows that her chance of winning a million dollars comes down to whether she can get Terry to take her to the final two. So her strategy was to get out all of the people that Terry would chose over her -- namely Courtney, then Shane, and now her target should be Dani.

If Terry wins the last challenge and has to choose between Cirie and Aras, he might take Cirie. This means bye-bye $M for Terry, but the alternative would be to let Aras have it, which is the last thing Terry would ever do if he could prevent it.

So next week I think Cirie and Aras will try to get Dani out (they can't take out Terry because of the immunity idol), while Terry and Dani join forces to get Aras out.

(Now, does anyone want to know my predictions for the 2010 Olympics? :laugh: )

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here are some of my thoughts.

If Terry makes it to the final 2, who should he take?? I think he would make a mistake to take Cirie, she's just lovable. Kudos to her for getting this far in the game. Aras--I don't think Courtney and Shane would vote for him (Aras) because they voted them out. Danielle - same as Aras. So who would vote for Terry on the jury.

Austin??
Sally
Bruce (out of respect for Terry being a great competitor)
Courtney (Terry said he would take her to the final 2)
Shane (Hates his current tribemates for voting him out)

So there would be 7 on the jury, right? I guess he could win. I hope so :clap: :clap:

Boooooooooooo to Danielle. Ick!!! Ick!!!

Dee

merrywidow

Record Breaker
As late into the game as it is, Aras, Danielle & Cirie had better be concerned about who might vote/not vote for them should they make the final 2. I think Terry is playing stratigically...he wasn't the guy responsible for voting off Courtney or Shane & I think both of them are apt to be very resentful that they were fooled by their tribe mates. Terry will make final 3 because he has the Immunity Idol so it will be goodbye to Cirie or Danielle or Aras. If the girls are smart they will vote Aras out so they don't have to go up against both he & Terry in the final 3 challenge which is generally one that tests their strength, stamina & balance. I'm guessing it will be Terry & Danielle, final 2. ITA with Terry's choices for his reward challenge. I'd have done the same. Too bad Aras' misses his mommy so much. (And I am a mother & a grandmother.) He strikes me as the spoiled kid who thinks because he is young, good looking & supposedly athletic that he should be winning all the challenges & because he loses out over & over again to Terry it's driving him crazy. Which is one component as to why he continues to lose.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Here are some of my thoughts.

If Terry makes it to the final 2, who should he take?? I think he would make a mistake to take Cirie, she's just lovable. Kudos to her for getting this far in the game. Aras--I don't think Courtney and Shane would vote for him (Aras) because they voted them out. Danielle - same as Aras. So who would vote for Terry on the jury.

Austin??
Sally
Bruce (out of respect for Terry being a great competitor)
Courtney (Terry said he would take her to the final 2)
Shane (Hates his current tribemates for voting him out)

So there would be 7 on the jury, right? I guess he could win. I hope so :clap: :clap:

Boooooooooooo to Danielle. Ick!!! Ick!!!

Dee

It is really nice that Dani has such a good shot at this just to "yank peoples chain." I don't feel she is the wisest, but this is just a game of strategy, "the cute cave girl lived, not because she was cute, but because no one wanted to kill her." I hope you see the point.:p

Anyway, 2 against does not mean too much as far as I see it. there are still 3 ways that it TOTALLY conceivably go here and D is one as much as A or T, but C is to nice and wonderful. Unless they all get hearts and say we can't vote her off because she should get a mill and not me...yah right.

To answer your Q, anyone should take D, best chance to win. She "played" the least in everyone's eyes and should be least likely to win out of who is left. Or maybe she has the best closing comments know to the game. I just hope there is some kind of "brain" in there somewhere.

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
The 1st Apprentice Bill Rancic sent a tape in for the 1st Bachelor, but was not chosen. I think that was his closest brush with TV before Apprentice.

Erica from the 1st Apprentice went on to become the companion host on the Tony Danza talk show.

Omarosa has made several TV appearances since her stint on the Apprentice. I hope her 15 minutes of fame are over - haven't seen her in a while. Last I heard was that she and her husband are getting a divorce.

Rob & Amber, of course, appeared on 2 seasons of Survivor each, 1 season of Amazing Race (where they were fabulous) and their TV wedding. Based upon the wedding show (which I admit I watched), it seemed to be an opportunity to do more than they would've otherwise, but I think it was heartfelt. Amber had a simple dress designed by a local dress designer - I'm sure CBS would have allowed her Vera Wang if she really wanted it. The onlly other truly big extravagence was one of the wedding present they each gave the other. He was able to furnish the house his father gave them and she was able to buy a painting of the Red Sox and fly to Florida and get the BoSox to sign it during a spring training game. The reception was probably upscaled a bit, too. Otherwise, it didn't seem that different from other destination weddings - besides them not paying for it.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
If Terry wins the last challenge and has to choose between Cirie and Aras, he might take Cirie. This means bye-bye $M for Terry, but the alternative would be to let Aras have it, which is the last thing Terry would ever do if he could prevent it.

So next week I think Cirie and Aras will try to get Dani out (they can't take out Terry because of the immunity idol), while Terry and Dani join forces to get Aras out.

what the??????
OK I had to read it a few times, I think I was getting hung up on why no one in this scenario would want to take the best bet of winning against for Jury reasons. I think I understand it a being pure dislike that would 'cause them to not have her along.
Am I getting this one right? IDK - guess it doesn't matter anyway.

Last edited: