Is it too late? | Golden Skate

Is it too late?

Cornelia

Spectator
I don't think it's too late to be a professionel skater!!!If it is your dream i think you must go for it!!
maybe you're 15 years old...(like me!), maybe 20...
what do you think?

Hi Cornelia, great question! Welcome to the forum!

I am going to move this thread to the "Lutz corner" folder. That's where people get together to discuss their own skating experiences.

I say, it's never too late! (I'm 62, LOL.)

Mathman :)

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
I'm 27 and in a year and four months I've gone from being unable to skate backwards or do more than forward stroking to passing Preliminary Dance, Pre-Preliminary Moves, Preliminary moves, and the Cha Cha from the Pre-Bronze dance test. I would have to say I don't think it's ever too late to start learning.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree you're never too old and there are a lot of professional skating opportunities! :clap:

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
I wouldn't think you're too old. I mean, Johny Weir started when he was 12, and he is the youngest(or one of) men's champion. I'm 15 as well, and I see we're you're coming from. Also, there are some skating disciplines where the competitiors are older. There are women as old as 28 in pairs, and some dancers are in their early 30s.

MsLutzy

Rinkside
15 is definitely not too late. I have friends who start at that age, and in just two years they're learning doubles with the dream of landing their double axels. If you love it and are willing to put time and effort into improving in a sport you're in love with, there's no saying what can happen. Of course, different people will have varying levels of talent, but as long as you believe in yourself you'll have nothing to lose.

Emma7639

Rinkside
Fifteen is definitely not too late. I started two weeks after I turned fifteen, in the beginning of March, and now three months later I shall be taking my pre-preliminary MITF test in two weeks, and am starting single jumps.