Dining Out | Golden Skate

Dining Out

L

Ladskater

Dining Out

How much do you dine out? I don't often eat out, but lately I have been eating out more than usual. There are so many great restaurants in the Lower Mainland - that's from North Vancouver and Whistler all the way to the Fraser Valley including all sorts of ethnic restaurants. One could eat out at a different place every day and never eat the same thing twice!

I try to make healthy choices and avoid places like McDonalds. Once in awhile I eat at Wendys. I prefer Greek or Italian food and sometimes Mexican.

What's your preference? Eat out or at home? I do prefer to eat at home, but sometimes it's a treat to dine out.

Ladskater

D

dlksk8fan

Re: Dining Out

If my husband had his way we would eat out every night. I like to eat out but not every night! He favorite saying is "there is nothing to eat in the house". And my comeback is "we could eat for a month on the food we have in the house". If only he would learn how to cook (scrambling eggs to me is not cooking:lol: )

One of my favorite places to eat by my house is a place called "Rockin Baja Lobster". They serve a big bucket full of lobster tails, shrimp, carne asada, & grilled chicken along with rice and beans and a caesar salad. Yum, yum,yum. I also like eating at a chinese resturant called "PF Chang's". It has the best chinese food very fresh and wonderful lettuce wraps.

Talking about all this food is making me hungry:p

G

Grgranny

I really got spoiled the times we lived in coastal states. I love lobster, salmon, trout, etc. but not shrimp or oysters.
If I could afford it I would eat out at those places every day.
The only place in the mid west are the Red Lobsters. You can have them broil the salmon with no seasonings and it is great. (I'm allergic to pepper and can't eat spicy foods.)

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">My family eats out every Thursday evening--nothing too pricey--places like Souplantation. It's been our tradition for years! We often snag a late lunch out on one of the weekend days, if I'm not working. I admit to grabbing a lot of fast food on the run since I work such odd hours. That's why I am 20 lbs. heavier than when I went into real estate 3 years ago! :eek: :eek:

I love eating Italian and Chinese food out, too.</span>

S

Show 42

My hubby and I eat out way too often. We are both off work during the summer months, and it is too easy to hop in the car and grab a bite to eat instead of cooking. (not one of my favorite things.......) My hubby prefers Chinese and Mexican dishes, where I lean towards Italian.......if we're not eating ethnic, we like to go to "Red Robin's", "Mimi's", "Chili's", and "Applebee's"...........42

G

Glacierskater

WHOOO-WEEE! This is a good one! I love food, adn it loves me. I just started a more healthy way of eating...need to slim down for up and coming, axel and doubles. I work nights, which has not been kind to my body.

My otherhalf and I love this little Thai place and we usually go there every Thursday night for spring rolls. That will have to stop until I have slimmed down. I also mexican, italian, bistro type food, and I adore coffee shops!

In light of this addiction to good food, I am now doing lots of healthy cooking at home. I am afraid to go out because I lack the self control to get the salad and not something more fun. Okay, I think I'm done :eek:

Seonaid920

On the Ice
i eat out several times a month. never fast food ! if i'm too tired to cook i either have a bowl of healthy cereal or tea with toast covered in olive oil and leave it at that.

the last place i went to was an old spanish restaurant ; i had paella a la valenciana and it was good.

i love crab, salmon and pasta dishes the best but occasionally I will have red meat or chicken. i have tried wild boar, roast suckling pig and rabbit - sorry Bugs!! the Rabbit was very good. I don't feel very guilty because I usually only eat meat when I am dining out.

if anyone is ever visiting ny i can give you some good recommendations for restaurants in different neighborhoods and also a good place to get fresh sandwiches and fruit if you want to have a picnic in central park.

bon appetit!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my best friend and I try to get out to lunch or dinner at least once a week... just the two of us...

TaraFanatic4eva

Rinkside
My family usually eats out once a week. It is sort of a "everyone find time to be together, go out after church thing". So, every Satruday night, we do church and then go out to eat. It isn't even so much, for us to eat out, but just be together. It's nice!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I need to say I have a real problem. I won't go alone. I have a neighbor lady that was widowed a year ago and we eat out once in a while. I just have such a problem not wanting to cook for just me. Then, I just end up eating the wrong stuff. I never plan ahead. Before I learned to drive, at 30, my husband always took us to the store and he always decided on the meat. (After we could afford a little more than hamburger.) He still decided on the meat for many years. I'm not a meat eater and he wouldn't eat chicken or fish. I did do well tonight. I get this Westbrae canned bean for soup, add celery, carrots & onions and there is no fat, unless I dump in some butter. yummmmmm I used to like to cook but now I don't want to unless I make a dessert for some meeting, etc. I have to be careful that it has no pepper and is very low on salt. I can't eat anything spicy.

Seonaid920

On the Ice
salad

ggranny,

I know how you feel, I hardly feel like cooking for myself either so when I go grocery shopping now I usually buy one of those bags of spinach and some other salad ingredients and then I just have a big salad for dinner, or otherwise cereal or toast (sometimes I have salad and then later if I want something sweet I'll have the cereal) or if I'm still hungry I'll have tea and toast.

if I didn't do this, I'd be eating cookies and potato chips, so its a good alternative.

Seonaid

RoaringMice

On the Ice
Usually 2-3 times per week. This semester I've had to grab food before class, and it has to be food I can eat in my car, so that often means fast food. Other foods tend to fall apart or are in some otherways hard car foods to eat!