The "I love Shizuka Arakawa" thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The "I love Shizuka Arakawa" thread

passion

On the Ice
Her face is absolutely stunning. She has model features and is also extremely photgenic. She also exudes grace and elegance in the way she holds herself. She also knows something about style in both skating attire and other attire(something Mira can learn from). She knows how to present herself well. I like that she is all WOMAN. I think she makes a great spokesperson for Japan figure skating.

perry125

Rinkside
I read an article in a Japanese magazine a while ago about Japanese women figure skaters. It mentioned that Shizuka is an easygoing person and a good "older sister" to the younger skaters, frequently taking them out to eat. She is good friends with Miki. People close to her including Miki, call her "Shee-chan"

R.D.

Record Breaker
perry125 said:
I read an article in a Japanese magazine a while ago about Japanese women figure skaters. It mentioned that Shizuka is an easygoing person and a good "older sister" to the younger skaters, frequently taking them out to eat. She is good friends with Miki. People close to her including Miki, call her "Shee-chan"

Oh, I didn't know that. I see a poster here frequently referring to Arakawa as "Shi-chan" and I'm wondering the heck why, Thanks for explaining.

leon

Rinkside
Red Dog said:
Oh, I didn't know that. I see a poster here frequently referring to Arakawa as "Shi-chan" and I'm wondering the heck why, Thanks for explaining.
Here is a link to her long time fan site Shi-chan paradise. I think they quit updating the english site but the Japanese edition has been recently updated.
For info, her official site is here..
Nice pictures at the "gallery" here. Unfortunately, the Torino pictures all have a watermark on them. Using the link immediately under 8th and last thumbnail, it takes you to other really nice pictures not watermarked.

R.D.

Record Breaker
thanks for the link. I've already seen the other photos (and added them to my collection ;) ) but not the Torino ones. Too bad they are watermarked but at least I have some great HQ non-watermarked photos (which are posted here).

leon

Rinkside
seanibu said:
Did ya miss the 3 links I submitted earlier?
My Bad!
I had seen the Wikipedia article and the Shi-chen site but not the fan listing which is a beautiful site with her Cat's eye costume from "Memories" -- one thing about Shizuka's costumes --- her drop dead gorgeous Olympic costumes were probably her most boring -- boring meant here only in a very relative sense! I did in fact love them. :)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thought I would share a couple of favorites of her.

shizuka shirt.jpg

arakawa_shizuka05_74incol.jpg

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
leon said:
My Bad!
I had seen the Wikipedia article and the Shi-chen site but not the fan listing which is a beautiful site with her Cat's eye costume from "Memories" -- one thing about Shizuka's costumes --- her drop dead gorgeous Olympic costumes were probably her most boring -- boring meant here only in a very relative sense! I did in fact love them. :)

But there was of course the blunder of letting TT choose (i'm presuming this was the case) with the original pink curtain rail Romeo and Juliet costume...that was truly hideous...i think she leant it to Yoshie Onda for her LP this year - it looked similar but not quite so curtain rail!

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
antmanb said:
But there was of course the blunder of letting TT choose (i'm presuming this was the case) with the original pink curtain rail Romeo and Juliet costume...that was truly hideous...i think she leant it to Yoshie Onda for her LP this year - it looked similar but not quite so curtain rail!

Ant

It wasn't Onda it was actually Nakano's LP costume that resemebled the bad costume of Arakawa's!

Ant