Sasha Not Done Yet: New journal entry | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Sasha Not Done Yet: New journal entry

password said:
Maybe she should just go jump off a bridge...she'll suck at acting and has no future in skating.

This is really beyond the pale. Good God!

This poster should be kicked off the board or at a minimum should apologize.

password

On the Ice
lol...I was being sarcastic about all the sasha haters. Go back and read my other posts...I looovvvve Sasha.

It's kind of sad actually...I visit her website daily.

Today's Sasha facts: She loves ice cream and her favorite historical figure is Joan of Arc. She's so coool! (I know not a popular opinion) Other people may think she has an attitude...but I love it! She's quite quick-witted too..."churros at disneyland" and nailing Carruthers for his negativity...lol I love that.

(Oh yeah I find it hard to believe she has such a 'bad attitude' or whatever when she obviously is friends with a lot of the other skaters...johnny, evan, tanith and ben, tiffany siegler, tim Goebel...she has multiple pics with all of them on her site)

Sometimes I think I'm the only Sasha fan left on these message boards.

Last edited:
OK, sorry. There are so many going almost that far these days, I guess it is driving me off the edge myself.

So you and I will have the last laugh together when she finally triumphs!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Pics and friends don't Always mean the same thing. I've seen her with the so called super models - and lest we forget the Sean pics...don't think that means anything. I am sure when you are on tour, you pall up with people - so the friend thing I am sure is valid to that degree of "pals."

But in all honesty (and only MO) I am sure she doesn't really have "friends" - maybe her cat Fluffy and the Family. I could be wrong, but she is not all that "approachable" of a person. And really believe that she has only become more "in touch with the world" in the past 2 years. I am still in astonishment seeing her interview at the Broadmore in CO Springs - although she still strikes me as a HORRIBLE driver, but most people are anyway (not that that give her the right, just less reason to change that aptitude).

I feel she doesn't think the "Diva" thing is going to last - at least like Irina seems to believe (again MO).

BTW. I agree with the poster saying that comments were "a over the top," " jump off a bridge" is just sending the wrong message to ANYONE. And without researching individual posters (like that is going to happen) no one could get anything but a negative response from that. Believe me, I know from my own "stupid comments."

Lanie

On the Ice
seanibu said:
But in all honesty (and only MO) I am sure she doesn't really have "friends" - maybe her cat Fluffy and the Family. I could be wrong, but she is not all that "approachable" of a person. And really believe that she has only become more "in touch with the world" in the past 2 years. I am still in astonishment seeing her interview at the Broadmore in CO Springs - although she still strikes me as a HORRIBLE driver, but most people are anyway (not that that give her the right, just less reason to change that aptitude).

You're probably right. I think it's just how she's been an athlete for so long, she went to public school for the last year or so of high school I think? but otherwise hasn't had much contact outside the skating world with regular folks. Seems like that happens to a LOT of the athletes...cloistered in an environment with other skaters, no friends other than skaters, etc etc. You kind of mature late in some ways I guess unless you go off to college and stuff. I think that's why Sasha's seemed to mature suddenly and gotten more introspective and thoughtful; she's experienced more outside the skating world as she's getting older.

PS: Horrible driver? She's a Californian, we're all bad drivers. Except for me. :)

The clue that Password is sarcastically mocking the critics is the Mickelson reference. He/she is saying, just like Mickelson finally got it together and went on a victory tear (including three majors) after years of second place finishes, so can Sasha.

MM :)

Wolfgang

On the Ice
I've never had the impression that Sasha actually likes to jump.
Can't say I blame her, falling hurts....
This works to her detriment, under the current system, which tends to reward more jumps and more rotations in each competition.
Which is why she would be perfect for 'Ballet on Ice', she already is basically a ballerina on skates......
I don't think her acting could possibly be any worse than what we are served on TV and in the theaters on a daily basis already, special effects have, for the most part, replaced acting ability.
Bad drivers in California?
News to me, y'all were doing fine every time I was there....
Come to Albuquerque on a weekend or during what passes for 'rush hour' here, you'll see some BAD drivers......

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Wolfgang said:
Happens in other sports all the time that a 'nobody' captures Olympic gold because they happen to have the day of a lifetime that one particular day.

Yes, in other sports that is possible, because most of it is judged differently compared to figure skating. In skating a nobody does not win the Olympic gold medal. She or he needs to have earlier credentials, e.g. a Worlds medal and as a World medalist that person already is one of the top skaters.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
IMO, no matter what part of the country (world) you are from, there will always be some bad drivers around. I hear people saying all the time that there are bad drivers in this state, that state, etc. How about just everywhere? :yes:

Yes, in other sports that is possible, because most of it is judged differently compared to figure skating. In skating a nobody does not win the Olympic gold medal. She or he needs to have earlier credentials, e.g. a Worlds medal and as a World medalist that person already is one of the top skaters.

Agreed. It's not a fair comparison, anyway.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Spun Silver said:
What is the interview at the Broadmore you are talking about? and the driving??

She was in CO Springs before the Olys, the local news was all scattered about the very first place I ever saw figure skating live and it was a joy to see her live doing a little exhibition warm. She seemed so "humble and reserved" like I had never seen before. Talking about how she has had "things" happen to her in the past couple of years that have affected her life on and off the ice. More like a woman then I have ever noticed before. I had always thought she was cute - taking into consideration her "L.A. attitude" - but walked away thinking she was one of the more beautiful ladies I have ever seen in public (and I have had Faith Hill singing squatted down in front of my face, looking me right in the eyes back in '94 before she really hit it big - ti-county fair outside Rapid City SD). Just some special little moment" that Sasha seemed so "real." :love: Can't explain it better than that. And I have never been one to get "star struck."

The car driving comes from watching her drive down PCH right next to my favorite clam chowder place (never had it out east though) with a camera in the back, top down - I 'spose she was just absorbing the whole "diva" aspect at that time - late 2004 maybe Jan 2005 - and the driving was hard to focus on with all the attention. Plus it looked like she was so low in the drivers seat it was hard for her to see. More a joke then anything, but some truth to the comment seeing one cut off happen - no signal.

As for most drivers in Cal I think they are really good and that is my kind of driving - get it done. Colorado has got to rank for one of the worst in the US, but I will still say the Philippines took the cake in horrible driving in my experience.

Lanie

On the Ice
seanibu said:
The car driving comes from watching her drive down PCH right next to my favorite clam chowder place (never had it out east though) with a camera in the back, top down - I 'spose she was just absorbing the whole "diva" aspect at that time - late 2004 maybe Jan 2005 - and the driving was hard to focus on with all the attention. Plus it looked like she was so low in the drivers seat it was hard for her to see. More a joke then anything, but some truth to the comment seeing one cut off happen - no signal.

The camera thing was probably an interview, because I remember seeing this of Sasha on ESPN - she's driving and talking and it looks like the PCH behind her!

My dad cuts people off all the time, never signals, and tailgates. It's HORRIBLE. I hate driving in the car with him.

MKFSfan

Medalist
That car interview sounds like the fluff piece that aired at 2005 Nationals-with Sasha in a Lexus convertiable. Not sure why anyone would arrange an interview like that, sounds dangeous, not only to the people in the interview car, but any other car on the road.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Is that the one where it ended with her next to a palm tree? - I didn't catch the whole thing - it was talking about "how happy she is to be back in Cali."

MKFSfan

Medalist
Yep! Same one. I believe it followed (or was followed by) the "Poor Me, I Worked So Hard, but Sasha Just Didn't Listen To Me!" fluff starring Robin Wagner. It happened right after Sasha fired Robin and went back to Cali.