Plushenko Article | Golden Skate

Plushenko Article

Jasper

Final Flight
That'd be awful. He makes the sport dull and the judges need to stop over-scoring him.

Jasper

Final Flight
"'I win the Olympic gold - that was my dream. I win the Russian championships, the European championships, the Olympics, all events.'" ... No, not Worlds. That went to a better skater. ;)

If Plushenko does stick around, I hope he doesn't stay stagnant/continue to get worse as he has since the last couple of seasons and I'd like to see him do the quad lutz or loop in competition. Otherwise, he might as well retire.

icenut84

Final Flight
Jasper said:
"'I win the Olympic gold - that was my dream. I win the Russian championships, the European championships, the Olympics, all events.'" ... No, not Worlds. That went to a better skater. ;)

He didn't even compete at Worlds, so obviously someone else won it. He's won it before though, so he *has* won every major event.

Vash01

Medalist
Jasper said:

If Plushenko does stick around, I hope he doesn't stay stagnant/continue to get worse as he has since the last couple of seasons and I'd like to see him do the quad lutz or loop in competition. Otherwise, he might as well retire.

'Better skater' when Plushenko was not competing???

I don't think he has gotten worse last couple of seasons. With every season he has made some improvements. His spins are better now. His command of the ice is even better. Don't forget he skated with injuries for almost two seasons, and still lost only two competitions (and withdrew from one).

For selfish reasons I hope he sticks around. If he does, he will need to up the ante though because others are catching up. I don't know if he will be motivated enough to put in the hours, with an OGM in his pocket, a wife and a child.

Vash