Marshall's On NOW! | Golden Skate

Marshall's On NOW!

Jasper

Final Flight
Oh nooooo, I missed the first hour and 10 minutes. Does anyone know if/when ESPN will re-air this special? I'm so mad I missed Irina Slutskaya.

Who else did they play before Belbin/Agosto?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Kimmie
Evan
Emily
Matt
Rena/John
Irina
Johnny
Sasha
Tanith/Ben

Jasper

Final Flight
Oh, so Stephane wasn't here after all? I remember seeing his name on the list.

Most of the skaters I missed are forgettable, so I'm not worried. I'm happy I got to watch Totmianina/Marinin skate for perhaps the last time unless they're televised during an upcoming exhibition.

Let me guess, Sasha skated to Barbara Streisand and Evan skated to Sway or Bocelli... some skaters really need new exhibition programs.

password

On the Ice
WTH ...Cohen got screwed over in the ABC coverage...thanks a lot for showing her interview

Last edited:

yoy_mama

Rinkside
Jasper said:
Oh, so Stephane wasn't here after all? I remember seeing his name on the list.

Most of the skaters I missed are forgettable, so I'm not worried. I'm happy I got to watch Totmianina/Marinin skate for perhaps the last time unless they're televised during an upcoming exhibition.

Let me guess, Sasha skated to Barbara Streisand and Evan skated to Sway or Bocelli... some skaters really need new exhibition programs.

UHH NO... Sasha did Celine Dion "God Bless America".. and Evan did this little number with Chris Brown, Elvis and some other country song. Maybe you shouldn't make assumptions like that because it makes you seem like.. Well I can't say it on here.

Jasper

Final Flight
yoy_mama said:
UHH NO... Sasha did Celine Dion "God Bless America".. and Evan did this little number with Chris Brown, Elvis and some other country song. Maybe you shouldn't make assumptions like that because it makes you seem like.. Well I can't say it on here.

Well after over a year of doing the same routine over and over, it's well past time they finally make new exhibition programs.

76olympics

On the Ice
Gosh, that Michelle tribute piece seemed valedictory to me : "You were great, Michelle! We will certainly remember you! So Long! "

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Marshall's

Hmmm......mighty mean comments about Sasha and Evan.

By far, I thought Evan and Sasha had the best skates of the entire Marshall's showcase.

Dizzy

76olympics said:
Gosh, that Michelle tribute piece seemed valedictory to me : "You were great, Michelle! We will certainly remember you! So Long! "
No question, ABC's focus was, Bye Michelle, Hello Kimmie.

Kimmie was the only skater to get two numbers -- plus, she got the final bow in the closing credits.

nubka

Final Flight
Mathman said:
Proving that Celine Dion is not Kate Smith. But Sasha looked spectacular in her red dress.

Yes, Sasha looked great. While I like the style/cut of Michelle's dress, I'd rather see her in something lighter and "slightly semi-sparkley." She certainly does like purple (she did have some major wedgie action going on there...)

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Marshalls

It didn't surprise me that Kimmie got to skate two programs as she is the current world champion. Plus this was the first televised event since the World Championship. Plus Marshall's is an American sponsored event. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

Dizzy

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Michelle was GLORIOUS! When you have that Kwan glow you don'y need sparkles:biggrin: . I also loved Shizuka's and Sasha's dresses. Irina's fit her program but was so unflattering...looked like someone pieced together several costumes and then said "Let's put this pair of old fishnets on her arms".

Kimmie's presentation has improved so much. I think a makeup artist could do her a world of good, Every time I see her I think of Caroline Ingills on "Little House On the Prairie". Her first number "Unwritten" and Michelle's "A Song for You" were perfect for them. Also loved Rena and John's "At Last"....so romantic!

sk8m8

Final Flight
After the LONG season, perhaps the 16 year old Kimmie was the only one who wanted to do two numbers :laugh: