Stars on Ice 20th Anniversary show = | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice 20th Anniversary show =

CB1AB2

Medalist
I was wondering if anyone has gone to see it and what was their impression of it ? I myself thought it was nothing special=granted the skaters were good = but there has been so much hype about the "20 year show " I guess I expected something like = a walk down memory lane. There really wasn't anything about the past incorporated into the show =

cb

heyang

Record Breaker
I saw it in Trenton last month. Scott did say that there would not be skaters doing old SOI routines. The show was about the development of the show. I thought it did a good job with that, liked the Scott presence in the puppets and masks, and enjoyed the retrospective clips, especially of the cast members that have passed away. Sergei seemed to get the nost applause.

I enjoyed it more than last year's Imagination tour, but might have preferred Time.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, we loved it! The "older" programs were "signature" programs (Alexei's "Winter," Steven Cousins' "Belfast Child," Elena & Anton's "Chaplin" program with some new elements, etc.). The cast was introduced at the end. I understood why that was done, but I felt that they still should have been inroduced at the beginning for everyone's sake. We were familiar with everyone in the cast, but I did identify Steven C. & Jennifer Robinson to a woman sitting next to us (who seemed to appreciate that). My favorite recent SOI tour was "Time" (2004), but we really enjoyed "Imagination" (2005), and this season's was very satisfying for us as long time SOI fans (since 1993).