End of Season Rusty and Shiny Hangers | Golden Skate

End of Season Rusty and Shiny Hangers

CDMM1991

Medalist
So I think it's about that time. We've had the last event of the season -- Marshall's and we've seen pretty much every costume were going to see. So which costumes were your favorites? And your least favorites? Attach links to pics if you have them.

Rusty Hangers:

Both of Ando's costumes -- Could only find a pic of her LP
Elena Sokolova SP
Yukari Nakano LP
The first draft of Kimmie's LP
Tim Geobel's LP

Shiny Hangers:

Michelle's Marshalls
Sasha's Second LP
Yukari Nakano SP
Evan Lysacek LP
Jeff Buttle SP
Marcoux and Buntin SP

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
IMO, Daubriel & Lauzon "Somewhere in Time" costumes should get a Shiny Hanger.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
RUSTY:
Ladies: Sasha's cut-down-to-there "Dark Eyes" dresses (the red and the blue), and her new red COI dress. Tacky and tasteless.
Men: Ilia Klimkin's neon green get-up. At least, I THINK it was him. No one should ever wear that shade of green.
Pairs: Katie Orschers "Here are my ta-ta's" SP dress. Again, tacky and tasteless.
Dance: M&Z's Yankee Polka ketchup-and-mustard outfits. Blech.

SHINY:
Ladies: Kimmie Meissner's black SP dress from olys/worlds. Simple and gorgeous.
Men: Evan Lysachek's Carmen outfit. Understated, not all frilly frou-frou girly sparkly.
Pairs: T&M's Olympic LP outfits. Stunning, but not over-done or over the top.
Dance: G&P's "Romeo and Juliet" FD outfits. My very favorite skating costumes EVER.

KBell

Rinkside
Rusty Hanger
Yoshie Onda's early season costumes - I refer to them as Josee Chouinard meets little Miss Muffet

Shiny Hanger
In addition to the ones mentioned above I also liked Joannie Rochette's LP Dress - the pink one.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Shiny
Arakawa's blue exhibition
Fumie's SP and LP
Kwan both of Marshalls (blue and purple)
D&L OD costume...the strap trick was cool
Tanith and Ben OD and FD
Irina's LP best costume ever for her
Kimmie's LP perfect!
Kostner's snowflake dress
Rusty
DelShos FD...loved the gloves but hated her dress and hair also their eggyolk yellow
Anyone who wore a headband
FP&M everything

waxel

Final Flight
Piel, I like to see Marcoux and Buntin on any "best of" list. But he could wear a potato sack and still stop traffic! Mommy!!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shiny: :agree: :clap:

Dube & Davison - LP
Shizuka - LP
D&L - "Somewhere in Time"
Fumie's costumes

Rusty: :scratch: :frown:
Grushina & Goncharov's - you know which one :rofl:
Barbara Fusar Poli's - the pink/green one in particular

Last edited:

Lanie

On the Ice
Shiny
Sasha Cohen's red LP dress
Kimmie Meissner's black SP dress
Evan Lysacek's LP
Rena Inoue/John Baldwin SP and LP costumes
Sinead Kerr FD costume
Gregory and Pethukov FD (I don't like them at all, hated the program, but the costumes were nice!)
Kerr/Kerr Ravensberger CD costumes - tasteful and simple

Rusty
John Kerr FD costume (both of them, pre and post Olympics - and I liked his sister's dresses, rhinestones + tartan hurt my brain)
G&G costume... boob tassels? COME ON!
Ben/Tanith's costumes. All of them. They sucked. Especially the strawberry FD dress for her and the gross white/blue thing for the Ravensberger.
Sasha's Dark Eyes SP. Color works, neckline does not. Sasha, honey, I'm chestless as you are and I would never wear that stuff, it's fodder for people making fun of you! ;) Girl needs to get that one, LOL.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Shinny
Miki's SP

miki fav sp outfit.jpg

Starting to feel like I am the only one. But I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Sara's LP
Maybe it is her figure, but this is smoking hot!
sara red n black hottttt..jpg

Rust
I am not about to jump off, but I thought Joannie's Like a Virgin was rather plain - and not in a good way. Most of the guys were unmemorable,

Shinny
Johnny's "swan" was daring and welcomed yet Buttel's was "gimmicky."

Last edited:

doug_log

On the Ice
Rusty:
What about Arakawa's Olympic SP dress? YIKES!

Shiny:
The Zhangs SP costumes (maybe i just thought that Led Zep was great for them)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
dancindiva03 said:
Dance: G&P's "Romeo and Juliet" FD outfits. My very favorite skating costumes EVER.

I think those were the BEST costumes in Torino. Melissa looked absolutely stunning. I remember when they first showed them taking the ice there, I was like, Wow, those are absolutely gorgeous.

Didn't care for Shizuka's SP dress in Torino; the high neck was distracting to me since it looked like she'd been in a fenderbender the night before and was wearing a neck brace. And as for Lambiel in the long -- well, as a friend of mine would say, "Animal prints are so ghetto!!" :laugh:

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
JonnyCoop said:
I think those were the BEST costumes in Torino. Melissa looked absolutely stunning. I remember when they first showed them taking the ice there, I was like, Wow, those are absolutely gorgeous.

I know! I am considering skating to Romeo and Juliet this year, and I SOOOO want her dress!