Fantasy Skating Show | Golden Skate

Fantasy Skating Show

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
If you could organize and cast your own skating show (Disson-like special), what would it be? a musical on ice? salute to special music? or another theme that gets you your favorite skaters? One of mine would be:

Michelle Kwan's "Reunion Special", with the other skaters (and, where applicable, their new partners) who were with her at the 1994 World Junior Championships -- Kulik; Yagudin; Weiss for men, Irina Slutskaya and Jennifer Robinson for ladies; Anton and Elena and Petrova and Tikhnov pairs (the team that won Junior Worlds that year was Maria and Anton) and Chait & Sakhnovsky for dance (with a prior partner, he got the silver in dance)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I like that. Michelle could have a reunion special for every year she has gone to Worlds and make a series of it..

I would want a show in the style of John Curry's. Otherwise, what is one more exhibition piece here and there?

Joe

antmanb

Record Breaker
attyfan said:
If you could organize and cast your own skating show (Disson-like special), what would it be? a musical on ice? salute to special music? or another theme that gets you your favorite skaters? One of mine would be:

Michelle Kwan's "Reunion Special", with the other skaters (and, where applicable, their new partners) who were with her at the 1994 World Junior Championships -- Kulik; Yagudin; Weiss for men, Irina Slutskaya and Jennifer Robinson for ladies; Anton and Elena and Petrova and Tikhnov pairs (the team that won Junior Worlds that year was Maria and Anton) and Chait & Sakhnovsky for dance (with a prior partner, he got the silver in dance)

How about making them skate to teh music they used in their winning LPs for that year too? They could substitute any triples they can no longer do with doubles! I guess the pairs who are with different partners might not be able to do this!

Ant

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I know this is going to sound goofy, but it is just an exhibition right?;)

What about Movie themes? That 007 thing was neat (why the H@## he had it on his back we may never know - if you didn't recognize the music you wouldn't know who 007 is anyway) but there is a recurring aspect of this happening so it would be neat just to see the whole show like this.

DC or Marvel comics, Wonder Woman, Superman, Spiddy and the Xmen - this might bring in a whole new group of interest and I am sure there would be some freaking out about them being reprosented without "super powers" - but we all know they accatuly do have them:rofl: in some ways I believe they are heros.

My "dream":cool: :rofl: Sailor Moon (if you haven't seen my signature movie link) would just be really fun and cool to watch. Anything that was themes from anime.:love: really. I think would go over pretty big with some people. That stuff is so flashy and cool looking already with the ability to keep the same costumes in most cases (still allowing the movements and elements) yet carries the 13 and older aspect to separate it from kiddy stuff like Disney has been - which I love except for the kids talking and running around.

FS and Cartoons are always the entertainment that "make the world disappear" for me - take me back to my childhood that I never really left in the first place.

Just thoughts. I still like seeing the individuals interpretation and their own self expression - particularly when it is the "Champs."

Wolfgang

On the Ice
Something in the vein of 'Nutcracker on Ice'.....
Kimmie Meissner could be Little Red Riding Hood, Sasha Cohen maybe 'Anastasia', kind of a ballet/fairy tale, like they used to show around Christmas......

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
Something simliar to Ice Jam in 2000...
for the ultimate cast:
Pairs: Yelena/Anton, Meno/Sand,
Ice Dance: Dubreuil/Lauzon, Zaretski's, Delshoes, Denstas, & Drobiazko/Vanagas (hmm... maybe too much ice dance? Ah well, my show, I love dance lol)
Ladies: Shae-Lynn Bourne, Katia Gordeeva
Men: Eldredge, Yagudin