Yagudin on "Russian Survivor?" | Golden Skate

Yagudin on "Russian Survivor?"

In a pre-Olympics interview in Spotlight on Skating magazine, Alexei Yagudin says, about moving back home to Russia last summer:

"...And there are a lot of new things for me. I was asked to do the Russian "Survivor," which would takle place in South Africa. That show is popular in Russia; it's number one in the ratings..."

Does anyone know if anything came of that project?

MM :)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
No, but how cool would that show be?!? Skater Survivor? Just imagine the catfights! Fun, fun!

Pang would win though... she never talks & appears to hardly eat...

Jhar55

Medalist
Skater survivor, At what location? And what would be some of the challenges you'd like to see them do?
One thing is they would have to give them some kind of food most of the ladies are thin enough.

R.D.

Record Breaker
One thing is they would have to give them some kind of food most of the ladies are thin enough.

umm...then it wouldn't be "Survivor" any more, now would it? :biggrin:

heyang

Record Breaker
Nothing about other skaters being on the show.

I don't know if he would do well in Survivor. I just can't picture him out in the wilds and having to camp and forage for food.

I could see him going on Amazing Race where some of his international experiences might be of use.

Rossonera

Spectator
I'd like to see it, really!:chorus:
But it would be a Survivor with famous people or he would be the only one?

skatergirlaj

On the Ice
Doesn't most "survivor" series have 1 person who is like..famous or was,or is like really rich or something?(I don't watch the show) cause didn't they have like a ex-NFL player on there last time?

Rossonera

Spectator
skatergirlaj said:
Doesn't most "survivor" series have 1 person who is like..famous or was,or is like really rich or something?(I don't watch the show) cause didn't they have like a ex-NFL player on there last time?
In portuguese version, all "survivors" were unknown people....

IDLERACER

Medalist
A look at Russian television of any kind would be interesting. Do they have sitcoms there in the traditional sense? Or game shows? The only film footage I've ever seen of Russian TV is the news, and it looks very amateurish compared to what we're used to in the west.