Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Skaters & Look-Alikes

Tripping on the Podium Jennifer Lyon's Avatar
    Every time I see a picture of Hillary Duff, I think it's Tara with her hair dyed a lighter shade of blond.

Something about Kimmie reminds me of Ruth Riley of the Detroit Shock. They don't look exactly alike, but there's a resemblance.

Both of the Prussian Blue twins look like Elena Berezhnaya, but one of them looks so much like her that you'd think the twin really was Elena circa 1994.

When Oksana Baiul was really young, she reminded me of Hayley Mills in "Pollyanna." They even had similar hairdos. But they don't look much alike now.

Alexei Yagudin looks a little bit like former Depeche Mode keyboardist Alan Wilder.

There used to be an actress on "All My Children" named Olga Sosnovska who reminded me of Maya Usova. She left AMC to do a British television show, the name of which escapes me right now.

I guess those are enough look-alikes for now.

Woo nelly!

I can't believe how "honest" you are all being.

I refereed to a skater as an animal before and had to retract the statement - even though I didn't mean it in looks, it was just a coincidence that she looks like "that" animal.

I believe hearing that MK was an inspiration for the Disney character Mulan (happens to be the name of my computer - here's one of the wallpapers http://www.hwbhost.com/images/mulan ...lice sherl.jpg Her for the representation on ice Mulan, BOC.

As for the Ma Engels from Little House on the Prairie, and Kimmie - unfortunately a nice call. Now we all know she will be a beautiful lady someday but I see a hint of Gwinith Paltrow.

The Jamie Sale / Danica...mainly in the spread she (both of them) did for FMF but always saw something in Melissa Gregory and Jamie being similar in some ways.

The troll doll thing is "evil," funny and I think it is not that bad of a comparison - just look at the pic as she just won the gold, http://www.hwbhost.com/images/5055573.jpg In reality I have only seen one really good pic of her where it almost doesn't look like her http://www.hwbhost.com/images/copy_of_lipinski.jpg

So back to Question - I conversed briefly with a girl a the post office who looked like Shizuka in June of last year, she freaked out that I knew who Shizuka was, nicely elevated her stance and "nose hight" saying she heard that before. Then went off on tangent about American guys liking all Asian women, I told her not so much Asians, but Figure Skaters in genral are hotter normal girls. End conversation.

When I introduced / showed a "new" friend of mine to Sasha, he said "that looks just like my girlfriend with brown eyes and hair." As I thought, "yah right" I met her 2 days later and have to agree, she was even 5' tall - Sasha seems shorter then that to me.

Are there many super models that don't look like Jenny Kirk? - sarcasm What about her and the Fin skater Kyra Coppelli - not sure on spelling and didn't look up, Thought they looked a bit similar.

Banned
    There's this actress on the show "Bones", I don't know what her name is or what character she plays because I don't watch the show, I've only seen previews, but she totally reminds me of Ekaterina Gordeeva.

One comparison I really DON'T see is the Sasha/Alexis Bledel. Alexis is so pretty.

[CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by QianHui
    There's a guy at my school looks SO MUCH like Evan Lysacek
    I've seen Lysacek up close and in person. He has a bit of a Keanu Reeves vibe about him, sort of in the same way that Alexei Yagudin has an Alec Baldwin vibe about him.[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by dancindiva03
    One comparison I really DON'T see is the Sasha/Alexis Bledel. Alexis is so pretty.
    Hmmm...subtle. Frankly, why bother being roundabout or diplomatic at it? Your constant digs at Sasha are really getting tired; can't all of us dancin divas of all stripes just get along?

Sarah M.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahmistral
    Hmmm...subtle. Frankly, why bother being roundabout or diplomatic at it? Your constant digs at Sasha are really getting tired; can't all of us dancin divas of all stripes just get along?

Sarah M.
    ITA...gets old after a while

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahmistral

Sarah M.
    What's the problem? I think Alexis is exceptionally pretty, Sasha just average. Big deal. Its not like I said she's ugly.

Custom Title
    I want to be average like Sasha is average.

just a reminder

Currently one of the most beautiful and talented people in the in the Media eye today.
    http://www.hwbhost.com/images/shashahal2.jpg

All things succumb, to that which are evidentially clear.

-I didn't vote for her, and I would still "make cracks at her" and totally respect her.
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 04-26-2006 at 02:49 PM.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Lyon

There used to be an actress on "All My Children" named Olga Sosnovska who reminded me of Maya Usova. She left AMC to do a British television show, the name of which escapes me right now.
    I remember her; she played Bianca's girlfriend, Lena. I don't see Maya Usova there, tho, personally; I'm kinda thinking more Margarita Drobiazko.

There was always something about Viktoria Volchkova that reminded me of Tonya Harding. Maybe it was the ponytail.

[CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    There was always something about Viktoria Volchkova that reminded me of Tonya Harding. Maybe it was the ponytail.
    Naw, Vikka looks exactly like Theresa Russell. I noticed that the first time I saw her.
    [/CENTER]

Wentworth Miller from Prison Break and Kurt Browning look alike!

I'm not sure how to post the pics

http://images.google.com/images?q=we...h+miller&hl=en

and

http://images.google.com/images?svnu...=kurt+browning

Quote Originally Posted by seanibu
    Currently one of the most beautiful and talented people in the in the Media eye today.
    Sean, please edit your post and make the image smaller. Images that are too wide stretch out the board and make it hard to read.

Also, unless the image is on your own server or unless you own the copyright, it is better to give a link than to post the actual image. We have had some complaints in the past about displaying copyrighted images, and also about "bandwidth theft" in connection with this issue.

Thanks.

Mathman

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Sean, please edit your post and make the image smaller. Images that are too wide stretch out the board and make it hard to read.

Also, unless the image is on your own server or unless you own the copyright, it is better to give a link than to post the actual image. We have had some complaints in the past about displaying copyrighted images, and also about "bandwidth theft" in connection with this issue.

Thanks.

Mathman
    Apologies, I made the image smaller before I posted it, yet it was not as small as I thought it would be should have went one more time. I understand the "bandwidth Theft" but the copyrighted issue I am unclear on, how that would be affected (no need to clarify because I will follow your request) - http://depts.washington.edu/trio/tra...s/cguide.shtml - the photo was linked by another poster here, has no indication of owner (was kind of assuming it was the poster but didn't care because Sasha is the only one who should own it anyway, not true but JMO), being prohibited or copyrighted on the picture, it was from a charity event, not used to promote myself or goldenskate (just Sasha) and no one here including myself will gain any finical profit from the picture as used in the forum in which it was found on.

I COULD BE wrong, so... I do know if there is an issue you will have to deal with it and not I (do not wish to make your situation difficult or stressful), so I most definitely respect you and will not jeopardize having issues on this wonderful forum. These laws can be sticky and a hassel - props to the person who acutely used / linked a picture of Disney's Mulan without going thru Disney sites , that is gutsy! But with a degree in "Visual Communications / Graphic Design" I believe we are all in the clear from any of the reasons that the laws were defined in the first place.

Again let me clarify that I respect and abide by you opinion.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by dancindiva03
    There's this actress on the show "Bones", I don't know what her name is or what character she plays because I don't watch the show, I've only seen previews, but she totally reminds me of Ekaterina Gordeeva.

I actually think Sasha is way prettier than Alexis.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast