Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Skaters & Look-Alikes

Tripping on the Podium Jennifer Lyon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    I remember her; she played Bianca's girlfriend, Lena. I don't see Maya Usova there, tho, personally; I'm kinda thinking more Margarita Drobiazko.
    Margarita Drobiazko looks more like Mariska Hargitay to me.

I caught two seconds of a "Happy Days" rerun this morning, and as soon as Scott Baio appeared onscreen, I immediately thought of Evan Lysacek.

Sean, thank so much for posting this link

http://depts.washington.edu/trio/tra...s/cguide.shtml

about copyright issues. That document makes it very clear about why we should post urls instead of imgs. Posting a link to someone's site cannot possibly be a violation of copyright -- after all, the site owner maintains the site exactly in order that people will visit it. (I am not a lawyer, but site owners have ample means to provent hot linking within their site, if they want to.)

The matter of "extra-wide" posts is unrelated. For instance, every once in a while someone accidentally posts a "word" that is so long that it stretches out the board and makes readers have to scroll back and forth. (Like Yaaaaaaaaaa...ay!!!, for instance.)

MM

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Sean, thank so much for posting this link

http://depts.washington.edu/trio/tra...s/cguide.shtml

about copyright issues. That document makes it very clear about why we should post urls instead of imgs. Posting a link to someone's site cannot possibly be a violation of copyright -- after all, the site owner maintains the site exactly in order that people will visit it. (I am not a lawyer, but site owners have ample means to provent hot linking within their site, if they want to.)

The matter of "extra-wide" posts is unrelated. For instance, every once in a while someone accidentally posts a "word" that is so long that it stretches out the board and makes readers have to scroll back and forth. (Like Yaaaaaaaaaa...ay!!!, for instance.)

MM
    Hey, just because I posted my real name doesn't mean you can use it!!!! Just kidding!

It didn't give me any info I didn't have before but I should be a bit weary of things like that because the original source of the pic on the forum did not place the photo, just the link. I think the information was very pertinent to "why we should post urls instead of imgs" - safe than sorry. But as far as violations go, I haven't seen any here that any "organization" would take action on except for 3 Possibly. My ex-wife is an Attorney and an aspect of "3rd party" (la-man's terms) the one who provided the link without the "statement of ownership" would be responsible if the forum "guidelines" state the information on copyrighted material. Restrictions are normally enforced when "gain" from said material is either circumvented from the "owner(s)" or "character" of said owner is some how defimated by or in the unproved use of "property."

I do agree with the "safe then sorry."
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 04-29-2006 at 05:08 PM.

Condolences to Joannie Rochette and her family cosmictears10's Avatar

kimmie lookalike.. at least I think so

http://www.skating.nf.ca/images/sect...uBursaries.jpg

the girl in this photo looks like kimmie messiner in my opinion!

And i feel that this coach looks a fair bit like shae-lynn, when they are both done up.. the way she acts around the rink reminds me a lot like shae as well!

http://www.skating.nf.ca/images/east...4/DSCF0025.JPG

Enjoy

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    Naw, Vikka looks exactly like Theresa Russell. I noticed that the first time I saw her.
    She does, actually!! Never even thought about it, but then again Theresa Russell had/has a tendency to only appear in strange obscure movies seen by very few, and I think I actually only saw her in one thing.

Something just hit me like a ton of bricks...When her hair is combed a certain way, Irina Slutskaya looks exactly like a young Shirley MacLaine...Big Time!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel

That's good.

Rinkside
    Are any of these pictures Angela, or just an incredible simulation?

Picture #1
    Picture #2
    Picture #3
    Picture #4
    So these pics aren't Angela?

Rinkside
    Naw, Vikka looks exactly like Theresa Russell. I noticed that the first time I saw her.
    I showed Vikka's pic to my husband. He's still recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaauburn
    So these pics aren't Angela?
    They are her creepy doppelganger Chloë Sevigny.

Quote Originally Posted by WutheringHeight
    I actually think Sasha is way prettier than Alexis.
    Yes, but you don't have a tired old axe to grind with Sasha.

The Vika/Theresa resemblance is striking! Talk about showing off what your mama gave ya, Vika! All that hard work obviously pays off for skaters on the ice, when it's time to strut their stuff! :whistles:

Sarah M.

Rinkside
    the girl who plays Rory on Gilmore Girls looks EXACTLY like Sasha Cohen if you don't look up close....i was filpping through the channels and saw her and i was like "Whoah! i had no idea Sasha was guest starring" ...but then again...it might just be me...what do ya'll think?

Quote Originally Posted by nattie
    the girl who plays Rory on Gilmore Girls looks EXACTLY like Sasha Cohen if you don't look up close....i was filpping through the channels and saw her and i was like "Whoah! i had no idea Sasha was guest starring" ...but then again...it might just be me...what do ya'll think?
    That's Alexis Bledel, who various people have made comments about being similar-looking to Sasha already in this thread.

Rinkside
    They are her creepy doppelganger Chloë Sevigny.
    Wow. That is creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Kerryfan
    People say I look like Sasha.
    Picture please

I will be brave first! People say I look like Johnny Z...hee hee , I wish. I did get a couple of comments at the rink of "you look a little like...." can you guess who?

Goofy pic on purpose, didn't want to seem like I was thinking I was anything special, if you saw me skate you would know i wasn't anything at all.

I think one of my exs looks like Carolina K, Her name was Caroline K - she might kill me for this - but if she plucked her eyebrows as Carolina..... Ah, Haven't seen her in 10 years, she'll never know.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast