Figure skating reality in Italy | Golden Skate

Figure skating reality in Italy

gio

Medalist
This evening will start in Italy (channel Raiuno) a kind of figure skating reality named Notti sul ghiaccio (Nights on ice). 12 couples of a skater and a vip will skate for 6 weeks. In the promo I saw also Carolina Kostner and Silvia Fontana. :thumbsup:

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
gio said:
This evening will start in Italy (channel Raiuno) a kind of figure skating reality named Notti sul ghiaccio (Nights on ice). 12 couples of a skater and a vip will skate for 6 weeks. In the promo I saw also Carolina Kostner and Silvia Fontana. :thumbsup:

Seriousliy? Kad ce klizati? ;)
No,really when will they skate? I mean can you tell me when it's on air? I cant wait to see my beautiful princess skating there! :love: forza Caro!

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
anything_for_skating said:
Seriousliy? Kad ce klizati? ;)
No,really when will they skate? I mean can you tell me when it's on air? I cant wait to see my beautiful princess skating there! :love: forza Caro!

A, sad sam proverila, tako sam i mislila, ti si taj koji zna Srpski...mozes onda i tako da odgovoris! :) Imam rai1 i 2 i volela bih da gledam! Reci mi sam kad je u programu?

gio

Medalist
A, sad sam proverila, tako sam i mislila, ti si taj koji zna Srpski...mozes onda i tako da odgovoris! :) Imam rai1 i 2 i volela bih da gledam! Reci mi sam kad je u programu?

Joj, šteta da nisam išao na internet prije i tako nisam vidio tvoju poruku. Sorry. :cry: Danas je bio prvi show i bit će još za 5 puta. Svaki petak na rai1 21 sata. Ako budeš kući sutra poslijepodne će replicirati nešto na Rai1 u 15sata mislim. I svaki dan od ponjedjelka do petka 14-15 sata će kazati kako vježbaju. I ako imas Raisat Extra će opet kazati cijeli prvi show u nedjelju 21sata. Ja ću registrirati, jer mi se sviđa.

gio

Medalist
Mathman said:
Cool! Keep us posted. Are any of the VIPs known outside of Italy?

I will report every week of what happened in the show. ;) The show will air every friday at 9 p.m. And in the week they will show how they train. No, the VIPs are famous just in Italy. Maybe you know Alba Parietti? But some skaters are not italians. There is Laurent Tobel and Scott Foster and a Czech girl named Veronica Koci.
My impression of the first episode, I have to say that I liked the show, because 1/3 of the 12 vips knew the basis of skating and did a fine job. There was an italian dancer/singer that did also an upright spin and toe running. And some couples did lifts. So it will be interesting.
Silvia is skating with a tall and shy guy, they did a good job (also a shaky throw Axel :clap: ) and hopefully they passed the first episode. The role of Carolina is that of the helper of the show host. She did also an exibition on the tunes of We are the Champions. She was beautiful as ever.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
gio said:
Joj, šteta da nisam išao na internet prije i tako nisam vidio tvoju poruku. Sorry. :cry: Danas je bio prvi show i bit će još za 5 puta. Svaki petak na rai1 21 sata. Ako budeš kući sutra poslijepodne će replicirati nešto na Rai1 u 15sata mislim. I svaki dan od ponjedjelka do petka 14-15 sata će kazati kako vježbaju. I ako imas Raisat Extra će opet kazati cijeli prvi show u nedjelju 21sata. Ja ću registrirati, jer mi se sviđa.

Ma nema veze što nisi video, ja sam ipak gledala jedan deo! To je bilo kod nas oko 12 noću, pa mi je drugarica koja inače kliza i zna da obožavam Caro poslala sms, pa sam videla jedan deo. Nemam pojma šta je bilo sa rai1 sinoć, ali kod mene na tom kanalu nije bilo zvuka :cry: pa nisam mogla da čujem Caro kako priča! Šmrc... moram da pogledam koja je vremenska razlika pa da gledam reprizu! Hvala u svakom slučaju!

gio

Medalist
Silvia Fontana and her partner won. :rock: But I have to say that there was a better couple that deserved the victory and instead came just second. This VIP was really good, he also successfully landed an axel.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Just curious, what goes "forza" mean? Sounds like something similar to "go" but I'm not sure...

Red Dog said:
Just curious, what goes "forza" mean? Sounds like something similar to "go" but I'm not sure...
"Una forza è una grandezza fisica che si manifesta nell’interazione di due o più corpi materiali, sia a livello macroscopico, sia a livello delle particelle elementari, che cambia lo stato di quiete o di moto dei corpi stessi."

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
"Una forza è una grandezza fisica che si manifesta nell’interazione di due o più corpi materiali, sia a livello macroscopico, sia a livello delle particelle elementari, che cambia lo stato di quiete o di moto dei corpi stessi."

May as well just have typed "rogwrnlsdzkngaw4e;lknvzsd;ogin3wa4opvsnfpoghuq3nbgpvosadngo;3ajh;oiasdng;oefwefo4nto[ivnesrl;kgyn;lgknes;oigh3qn4opyin"

and it would have made just as much sense to me. :laugh:

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
gio said:
Silvia Fontana and her partner won. :rock: But I have to say that there was a better couple that deserved the victory and instead came just second. This VIP was really good, he also successfully landed an axel.

Dennis landed 2 axels the same evening and fell on one! But we all could see that they should win! I like Silvia, she is very nice but I must say thins time others were better

gio

Medalist
Dennis landed 2 axels the same evening and fell on one! But we all could see that they should win! I like Silvia, she is very nice but I must say thins time others were better

Yes, Dennis and Marilu Guarnieri were the best!!! He was far away the other competitors. He also did spins, toe steps ....

gio

Medalist
Mathman said:

Do you know what you have written? Physics in Italian :clap:
Have you just copied, or you can understand Italian?

we use forza! to incourage a person, so forza Caro! is go Caro!.

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Well, Granny is puzzled. What is the point of the foreign language? Maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy but to me, it is just plain rude. If you want to speak another language, why don't you either pm each other or go to a site where they speak the language. Sorry but it seems to me something that could be done differently.

Oh, I think there is no harm, Grgranny. All of our international members do such a praiseworthy job of writing in a second language (English), how can we begrudge them giving a shout-out to each other?

Gio, no, I can't read Italian, but I Googled "forza definition" and got three answers, all in Italian, which I then translated (sort of) with Babel Fish. So I did know they were talking about "force" in the sense of Newtonian physics -- which I thought ought to appeal to a young scholar like Red Dog. :)

76olympics

On the Ice
Is one of the foreign languages Gio and Anything are speaking Serbian? I know one of them doesn't appear to be Italian. (Of course, the only foreign language I "know" is French so I am guessing by the look of the words! :rofl:)

gio - Shame on all of them for not knowing Verdi's Forza del Destino. Didn't Joubert or someone quite recently use that music? I know I heard it in Calgary.

We need more Italian force in this forum. Keep it up, gio

Joe