Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Figure skating reality in Italy

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    "Una forza è una grandezza fisica che si manifesta nell’interazione di due o più corpi materiali, sia a livello macroscopico, sia a livello delle particelle elementari, che cambia lo stato di quiete o di moto dei corpi stessi."
    Do you know what you have written? Physics in Italian
    Have you just copied, or you can understand Italian?

we use forza! to incourage a person, so forza Caro! is go Caro!.
    Last edited by gio; 06-04-2006 at 04:58 PM.

Well, Granny is puzzled. What is the point of the foreign language? Maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy but to me, it is just plain rude. If you want to speak another language, why don't you either pm each other or go to a site where they speak the language. Sorry but it seems to me something that could be done differently.

Oh, I think there is no harm, Grgranny. All of our international members do such a praiseworthy job of writing in a second language (English), how can we begrudge them giving a shout-out to each other?

Gio, no, I can't read Italian, but I Googled "forza definition" and got three answers, all in Italian, which I then translated (sort of) with Babel Fish. So I did know they were talking about "force" in the sense of Newtonian physics -- which I thought ought to appeal to a young scholar like Red Dog.

Is one of the foreign languages Gio and Anything are speaking Serbian? I know one of them doesn't appear to be Italian. (Of course, the only foreign language I "know" is French so I am guessing by the look of the words! )

gio - Shame on all of them for not knowing Verdi's Forza del Destino. Didn't Joubert or someone quite recently use that music? I know I heard it in Calgary.

We need more Italian force in this forum. Keep it up, gio

Joe

Custom Title
    Grgranny - Sorry, I didn't want to be rude when I talked with Anything in Serbian. My first language is Italian and my second is Serbo-Croatian, so writing in English for me is a little bit more difficult (it takes more time for me because sometimes I have also to check the dictionary). When I saw that Anything is from Serbia, I just didn't resist.

76olympics - Yes, me and Anything wrote in Serbian. I'm Italian but I can speak also Serbo-Croatian and Slovene. You have seen right! Serbo-Croatian is very different from Italian.

Joe - I don't remember who skated on Forza del destino (Force of destiny). This year a lot of skaters choosed music from Italy. Certainly, it was a treat to hear all this music.

Quote Originally Posted by gio
    Grgranny - Sorry, I didn't want to be rude when I talked with Anything in Serbian. My first language is Italian and my second is Serbo-Croatian, so writing in English for me is a little bit more difficult (it takes more time for me because sometimes I have also to check the dictionary). When I saw that Anything is from Serbia, I just didn't resist.

76olympics - Yes, me and Anything wrote in Serbian. I'm Italian but I can speak also Serbo-Croatian and Slovene. You have seen right! Serbo-Croatian is very different from Italian.
    gio - Are you from Trieste?

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    gio - Are you from Trieste?

Joe
    Yes, in fact Trieste is on the border with Slovenia and near Croatia, so I learned the languages of these two countries. You're good at geography, bravo! I thought that Trieste was an unknown city for most non-Europeans. Have you ever been in Italy?
    Last edited by gio; 06-06-2006 at 05:15 AM.

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!

My first languageS are Serbian and Russian...and then English...But I guess I can say I know them all good

gio-stvarno ti je lakse da pises na Srpskom nego na Engleskom?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by anything_for_skating

My first languageS are Serbian and Russian...and then English...But I guess I can say I know them all good

gio-stvarno ti je lakse da pises na Srpskom nego na Engleskom?
    Da! Kad pišem na Engleskom obično trebam rečnik.
    Last edited by gio; 06-06-2006 at 06:01 PM.

Hi! I'm a newbie here and I'm italian so..hi everyone..

I watched Notti and I just think that Dennis really deserved to win..I'm sorry for him and Marilù : /

and..Gio, I'm from Udine, so we seem to be very close!

Banned
    I heard that Silvia was injured during the show. She was supposed to skate in te "Skating for Freedom" ice show I went to last weekend, but the announcer said she had to pull out because she got hurt doing a skating reality show. Anyone know what exactly happened?

Hi, Eleonor.d, thanks for joining us and welcome to the forum!

Hi everyone! I actually didn't know that Silvia was injured. Unfortunately che doesn't have a personal site :(

Custom Title
    Hi Eleonora, welcome to the forum! From Udine, not far from the Pontebba ice rink.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast