New Miki Ando Article | Golden Skate

New Miki Ando Article

Bill508

Rinkside
Miki will come back strong I hope next season. Shizuka struggled also for awhile there. I just hope this doesn't make Miki consider giving up skating- what a loss that would be. I hope for great things from Japan at Worlds 2007 not to mention Vancouver2010.

Last edited:

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I hope that Miki earned enough during her "glory years" to enable to bear the cut in funding without too big a problem.

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Miki

This news doesn't surprise me in that Miki's performances have been in decline for awhile now. That combined with the fact that the Japanese have so many talented skaters makes me think they are supporting those who they feel show the most promise.

It's true that Shizuka had problems. However, she was always a beautiful skater as well as a great jumper. Miki had the dynamic jumps but really isn't a beautiful skater, IMHO.

Dizzy

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Can't really say anything to harsh or uplifting about her at the moment either. I really believe this an emotional thing. Her inspiration seems to be in her "miki" (hopechest / footlocker) and IMO she can bring it back if she loses the idea of doing the quad for now and getting a "little Fumie in her." - focus on the artistic. She is so charismatic when she "is on" and an "babe next door" to boot! :love: The comment at the Olys was "wake-up call or end of career." And I hope she has just a slight case of "bed head" right now, hits the showers and slams a coffee.:rock: