Sasha on NBC's Las Vegas | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha on NBC's Las Vegas

R.D.

Record Breaker
if one wants to act, let them go for it. At least it doesn't hurt to try, I suppose. And seems like she has no shortage of opportunities, either (if reports are correct).

MKFSfan

Medalist
password said:
Have you ever watched "Gilmore Girls"? Listen to Rory talk...MUCH worse than Sasha. Not that I think Sasha can make it in acting...its all about who you know...

I'm sure Sasha can follow in Tara's footsteps and take on roles in programs, like "7th Heaven" where the show is targeted to a young group and the viewers just want to see cute, perky actors, and don't care how they speak.

If Sasha does intend to take this route, I hope she capitalizes on her skating ability and takes on roles of skaters. Tara says she won't do that (I believe she physically cannot), but if Sasha can, like movies such as the ones like "Ice Princess" or whatever, bad acting, silly story lines, well, she may be successful in that genre. Maybe she'll take speaking/acting classes as well, if she's serious about it.

Sasha is very pretty and the camera does love her...it's a start!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
the problem with Tara is she is typecasted. She's a small lady with a little girl's voice. She definitely is ok in small roles in the teenybopper movies. How long it will take her to do Meryl Streep like roles is not answerable at the moment.

Joe
Oh it's answerable. :biggrin:

Frau Muller

Final Flight
Regarding the screen-capture of Sasha sitting at the bar with a drink in front of her:

If I were a bartender I'd ask to see her ID. The point is: Sorry but Sasha, with her round baby-face and puffy cheeks, does NOT look like a sophisticated lady sitting at the bar.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Frau Muller said:
Sasha, with her round baby-face and puffy cheeks, does NOT look like a sophisticated lady sitting at the bar.
I've never seen this show, but perhaps the casting works within it's context. Tara Lipinski is the last person in the world I would select to play a prostitute, but in the topsy-turvy world of "7th Heaven" where even common whores look like mouseketeers, it made perfect sense.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
That was just cruel.

Dee

Ok, maybe it was. But it's TRUE! :rofl:

She has that high-pitched, really annoying voice (IMO).

And that's a good point another poster brought up- with Tara not wanting skating roles. Maybe another skater COULD be partially successful in that avenue. We'll see.

If I were a bartender I'd ask to see her ID. The point is: Sorry but Sasha, with her round baby-face and puffy cheeks, does NOT look like a sophisticated lady sitting at the bar.

She's of age and that's all that matters

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Didn't Sasha play herself? You know how those bartenders follow figureskating.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Jhar55 said:
She can't do any worse than Tara
So true! Nothing against Tara. Just my personal taste on movie star looks. I prefer Sasha's look much much more.

R.D.

Record Breaker
mzheng said:
So true! Nothing against Tara. Just my personal taste on movie star looks. I prefer Sasha's look much much more.

Really? I prefer Tara's...but JMO.

password

On the Ice
Looks-wise...Sasha Vs. Tara.....ummm no contest there.
Acting-wise...that could be another story

R.D.

Record Breaker
Looks-wise...Sasha Vs. Tara.....ummm no contest there.

That's a matter of opinion. But a picture of the two side-by-side convinced ME that Tara is by far the "prettier" one (at least with the make-up on). But that's only MY opinion.

password

On the Ice
I've seen pics of them side-by-side too...and no contest IMO. That's just My opinion though.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Obviously the picture that you two are talking about is THIS one. I say it's a tie, and because I'm a guy, that's the final word.:biggrin:

password

On the Ice
Not the pic I was referring to. (But i did just watch the segment that pic was taken from on Tara's website (geeezzz she's got loads of videos), and I hold to my opinion) But beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Idle- I'm a guy as well. Ha.

That's actually not the picture I was talking about but it works just fine. I still think Tara is the "hotter" of the two. Hehe.