New IFS issue- Arakawa on Cover | Golden Skate

New IFS issue- Arakawa on Cover

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
Thanks, Red Dog. It's nice to see Kimmie finally get some substantial attention from a skating magazine. The cover of IFS! Probably a nice photo shoot also!
Yaaaayyyyy! Whoopee!! Gimmie Kimmie!!:clap: I'll be requesting the first 10 copies of the June issue straight off the printing press, delivered to me at my home personally by Kimmie herself, where I will treat her to a pizza and a three-layer chocolate cake in exchange for her personal autograph in each copy!

As the most avid, loyal, and adoring mature adult (over 60) fan of Kimmie, I deserve it. :laugh: :biggrin: :rofl: :laugh: :biggrin: :rofl: :laugh: :biggrin: :rofl:

Lanie

On the Ice
jsteam4501s said:
Thanks, Red Dog. It's nice to see Kimmie finally get some substantial attention from a skating magazine. The cover of IFS! Probably a nice photo shoot also!
Yaaaayyyyy! Whoopee!! Gimmie Kimmie!!:clap: I'll be requesting the first 10 copies of the June issue straight off the printing press, delivered to me at my home personally by Kimmie herself, where I will treat her to a pizza and a three-layer chocolate cake in exchange for her personal autograph in each copy!

As the most avid, loyal, and adoring mature adult (over 60) fan of Kimmie, I deserve it. :laugh: :biggrin: :rofl: :laugh: :biggrin: :rofl: :laugh: :biggrin: :rofl:

Can I come over to your house? I want pizza and cake and Kimmie autographs too! ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
jsteam4501s said:

err...I'm not sure if you misunderstood me but...it's Arakawa that's on the cover, not Meissner. :rofl: (Although I'm pretty sure she'll get her own cover soon enough.)

If you subscribe to IFS, you would have gotten that issue several weeks ago. There is nothing about Kimmie in it.

Blades on Ice has La Kwan on the cover and there is much about her in it. It covers moreso of the Olys than IFS did. There is also a good piece on Sonia Henie, the Mother of Us All.

There is nothing about Worlds in either magazine...... yet.

Joe

IDLERACER

Medalist
THIS picture caught my attention. Is that barracuda the most unappetizing thing you've ever seen, or what?:p

Great photo of Yags but is that a real fish or just a dummy for tourists to have their picture taken. He is up in the Canadian north woods so maybe he did make the catch.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
If you subscribe to IFS, you would have gotten that issue several weeks ago. There is nothing about Kimmie in it.

I don't get IFS, and they are slooooow in updating their website. What I want to see are more of those photoshoots, though.

IDLERACER

Medalist
jsteam4501s said:
Thanks, Red Dog. It's nice to see Kimmie finally get some substantial attention from a skating magazine. The cover of IFS! Probably a nice photo shoot also! Yaaaayyyyy! Whoopee!! Gimmie Kimmie!!:clap: I'll be requesting the first 10 copies of the June issue straight off the printing press, delivered to me at my home personally by Kimmie herself, where I will treat her to a pizza and a three-layer chocolate cake in exchange for her personal autograph in each copy! As the most avid, loyal, and adoring mature adult (over 60) fan of Kimmie, I deserve it. :laugh: :biggrin: :rofl: :laugh: :biggrin: :rofl: :laugh: :biggrin: :rofl:
HERE is another one from that site.

R.D.

Record Breaker
where did that come from? I want to know so I can add more pics to my ever-growing collection. :biggrin:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Red Dog said:
where did that come from? I want to know so I can add more pics to my ever-growing collection. :biggrin:
There are pictures of her all over that website. Click HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE. In that last one, Sasha is wearing skates and Kimmie isn't which is why they look like they're the same height. HERE is a cool photo of a couple of Russian chicks.

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
err...I'm not sure if you misunderstood me but...it's Arakawa that's on the cover, not Meissner. :rofl: (Although I'm pretty sure she'll get her own cover soon enough.)

Red Dog - I was referring to the Editor's note at the bottom of the Meissner article on the website - which says that the JUNE issue of IFS, which will hit newstands NEXT month, will have Kimmie on the cover.

All of you, scroll down to the bottom of the Meissner article - the VERY bottom.
Do you think I would have expressed such great enthusiasm if I hadn't seen a notice that Kimmie was to be on the cover of a future issue? Come on, guys!

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
jsteam4501s said:
Red Dog - I was referring to the Editor's note at the bottom of the Meissner article on the website - which says that the JUNE issue of IFS, which will hit newstands NEXT month, will have Kimmie on the cover.

All of you, scroll down to the bottom of the Meissner article - the VERY bottom.
Do you think I would have expressed such great enthusiasm if I hadn't seen a notice that Kimmie was to be on the cover of a future issue? Come on, guys!

Just bumping this up - Joesitz, Red Dog - pleas read.

IDLERACER

Medalist
I think I'm going to photoshop my face over Johnny Weird's and use THIS photo as a greeting card.:biggrin: By the way HERE is yet another one of Meissner.

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
jsteam4501s said:

Bumping up again. Joesitz, Red Dog -

R.D.

Record Breaker
There's no need to bump up your post. I saw it the first time. My mistake, sorry.

But if you think about it, technically my statement is still true. The issue is not out YET. :rofl: