VOTE for your favourite (eligible) skater(s) HERE!!! | Golden Skate

VOTE for your favourite (eligible) skater(s) HERE!!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Not your typical everyday poll. And yes, some interesting results. But what's more interesting is the statistics. In the Ladies, MK gets most of the US vote while Irina gets most of the European vote.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Delobel and Schoenfelder are the top vote-getter for Dance! Between them and Joubert, I think the French Supporters have been voting in force :)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Johnny has more European votes than US. Now, that surprised me.

Dee

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
The percentages are of the total vote. Many more Europeans have voted than Americans. Weir has the highest percentage of US votes of all the men.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Well, MY votes kept being "disallowed for data integrity protection" and after 4 attempts at voting, it was the same thing; what was up with THAT?

Man, there are some hall of fame CLASSIC PHOTOS in there. I don't think Barbara Fusar-Poli even looked half that scary even at the height of THE GLARE.....

Does the Michelle Kwan Forum know about this yet? :laugh:

My favorites need some help! Van der Perren has only 0.8% of the vote, Pang and Tong 1.4% and Fusar-Poli :love: and Margaglio 1.5%.

MM :)

WutheringHeight

Spectator
I have to admit I'm surprised Joubert is in the lead. And Lambiel only has a few votes! -shocked- I'm glad Johnny's doing well.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yes, the MKF knows about it. I hold them largely responsible for the wide lead MK holds right now.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Does the Michelle Kwan Forum know about this yet? :laugh:

My favorites need some help! Van der Perren has only 0.8% of the vote, Pang and Tong 1.4% and Fusar-Poli :love: and Margaglio 1.5%.

I'll be more than glad to help Van der Perren (with pretty much ANYTHING :love: ); however, the darn thing won't count my vote!! (See previous post)

Red Dog said:
Yes, the MKF knows about it. I hold them largely responsible for the wide lead MK holds right now.
But she doesn't! That's the whole point. The lovely and talented Irina has 876 votes to poor Michelle's pitiful and paltry 852!!!!! Do you think Anke would have started this thread if Michelle were leading? :rofl:

I blame Al Gore. When he invented the Internet, he should have made it so that only Americans could vote for anything. But now that Michelle is President Bush's left-hand lady (Condoleeza Rice being his right hand), maybe he can invade somebody and set things straight. (Doesn't this poll come from Holland?)

JonnyCoop, when you try to vote, do you see a clock ticking down? You get this "data integrity" message if you have already voted, or if someone else has already voted from your IP number. You can try deleting your cookies, or using a different web browser if you have more than one.

You can test this by voting for someone else and see if it works. The site seems to allow you to vote for more than one person in each poll. But to vote for the same person a second time, you have to wait 24 hours.

(I assume that is to prevent Kevin's Crusaders from flooding the ballet box, LOL.)

PS. Aaggh! Three more people just voted for Irina while I was typing this. I think Excidra has something to do with all this. ;)

Last edited:

Germanice

On the Ice
Mathman said:
But she doesn't! That's the whole point. The lovely and talented Irina has 876 votes to poor Michelle's pitiful and paltry 852!!!!! Do you think Anke would have started this thread if Michelle were leading? :rofl:
Hey, MM, believe me or not, when I started this thread Kwan was still leading ... :p I just thought it would be interesting for you guys to realize who votes for whom and which skaters are popular outside the US (and which not!) ... :)

Anke

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:

You're right! When I checked last, MK was in the lead by a pretty wide margin. Looks like some more fans are in action :biggrin:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
JonnyCoop, when you try to vote, do you see a clock ticking down? You get this "data integrity" message if you have already voted, or if someone else has already voted from your IP number. You can try deleting your cookies, or using a different web browser if you have more than one.

You can test this by voting for someone else and see if it works. The site seems to allow you to vote for more than one person in each poll. But to vote for the same person a second time, you have to wait 24 hours.

Even when you're not voting in the same category as the time before? Because every time I did it, it came up. That would be kinda lame. I did do something a bit strange on the first vote (in Pairs), tho, so maybe that set it all off. I was unaware of the clock thing; I'll check it out next time. Will try again tomorrow.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I wonder if you can "voote" more than once.

If you can, then despite the interesting statistics, it's (yet) another joke poll that can be rigged by fans of certain skaters. :biggrin:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Hey Jonny, it must just be you. I voted for kwan 860 times, the other three must have come from Mathman:biggrin:

Piel said:
Hey Jonny, it must just be you. I voted for kwan 860 times, the other three must have come from Mathman:biggrin:
:chorus:

Anke -- Did you make that little Alexei gif in your signature? That rocks! :bow: