Will Kimmie be back next season? | Golden Skate

Will Kimmie be back next season?

Will Kimmi be back for the '06-'07 season?

• Total voters
Yes, absolutely. It will be a good fight for the U.S. National Championship. If Sasha comes back (which I think she will), Sasha will still be the favorite. But Kimmie will be right up there, along with (IMHO) Katy Taylor.

I am also hoping for Alissa Czisny to come back strong in 2006-07.

Mathman :)

Doesn't matter if Kimmie is back or not. She has the World Championship. A laurel which most skaters never get.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think the more interesting question is will she be able to keep it together. It's said the first time you have to defend your title is the hardest... can she overcome the pressure and still skate great? Even those who are gifted with nerves of steel have crumbled...

I don't think there's any question that she'll be back

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I didn't know she'd left... :laugh: :laugh:

But I agree with Tonichelle, the question isn't will she be back but how will she handle the pressure.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
She will be back and in contention that is for sure. The US Nationals will be interesting to with lots of talent from the women's side. Should be interesting?????:yes:

Kwanford Wife said:
I didn't know she'd left... :laugh: :laugh:

But I agree with Tonichelle, the question isn't will she be back but how will she handle the pressure.
Doesn't every skater have to handle pressure? Why single out Kimmie? She has a full schedule of competitions ahead of her: Campbells; Two GPs and most likely a GP Final; Marshals pre Nats; Nationals and then on to Vancouver.
How many other US skaters will have that kind of schedule next season? and whatever they do will they not have pressure in doing just that?

Which skater(s) do you think will handle better with Mao and YaNu in Vancouver?

Joe

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
Doesn't every skater have to handle pressure? Why single out Kimmie? She has a full schedule of competitions ahead of her: Campbells; Two GPs and most likely a GP Final; Marshals pre Nats; Nationals and then on to Vancouver.
How many other US skaters will have that kind of schedule next season? and whatever they do will they not have pressure in doing just that?

Which skater(s) do you think will handle better with Mao and YaNu in Vancouver?

Joe

Kimmi will be good at that.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Doesn't every skater have to handle pressure? Why single out Kimmie?

1. because this is a poll about Kimmie
2. She just won her first world title
3. because it's the off season and we need something to talk about...

anything_for_skating - in the US media, handling pressure is EVERYTHING. They will be as hard on her as they were to Sasha for failing to meet the media's standards of excellence. Anything short of Gold in the US means that you are a lousy athlete in the media's eyes. That's a ton of pressure that I'm sure Kimmie will be aware of in due time.

Last edited:
Tonichelle said:
anything_for_skating - in the US media handling pressure is EVERYTHING. They will be as hard on her as they were to Sasha for failing to meet the media's standards of excellence. Anything short of Gold in the US means that you are a lousy athlete in the media's eyes. That's a ton of pressure that I'm sure Kimmie will be aware of in due time.
Whoa toni. NOT ALL OF THE US considers less than gold is lousy. I and most serious fans appreciate the podium finishes. I was quite pleased to see Fumie with silver in Calgary as well as Evan with bronze. And if you noticed the worried face of Sasha after Elena skated, she was worried about the bronze.

For several years, many nonfans of Kwan would interject that she never got the Oly gold. Many of them have stopped that now because many skaters do not get gold after multiple tries. However, it doesn't undermine these skaters' abilities to be excellent skaters. They still are special.

Joe