Where is Czarina Anya? | Golden Skate

Where is Czarina Anya?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
she's still around online, but I don't think she posts here anymore :( I keep in touch with her though...

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Why is everyone leaving GS? At least that's how it seems. Where are they going or is interest in figure skating decreasing? I miss the old gang!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well, it IS the off season, but I'm not sure...

it seems after every olympics there are some that run away from the board for a while, but they'll be back once tensions die down... I hope

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm still here, Piel.........just not too often anymore.........:) 42

........Maybe we should have an on-line reunion!!!!!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Hi Show, it's good to hear from you. Are you posting at another board or just not posting as much?

Anyone know where Princess Leppard has gone?

Other MIAs.......
DG
the Rtwins
Bronzeisgolden
Aloft
Johio
Skating lady 2001
Tharrtell
NJSk8fan
Nansinger
RIskatingfan
Skatefanconvert
Gezando
Longhornliz

CDMM1991

Medalist
I remember DG posting in frustration of some activities at GS and deciding to leave. I certainly miss her, and hopefully she'll come back one of these days.

ETA: http://goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12418&highlight=Doggygirl This thread might explain some of your questions Piel. Various issues were discussed here, including the one that meant the most to me, GS members feeling having younger posters was detrimental to serious discussion. You can find my post on the third page.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
ITA. Whenever almost anyone from our dysfunctional :p family here at GS leaves it is sad and a loss for the entire board, IMO. Agree with someone or not it's the different opinions that keep things interesting.

tdnuva

On the Ice
Hmmmm..... I had posted more before here than I do now. One thing that I don't like now are certain sig "lines" which are often bigger than the posts and certainly distracting for me. Plus, there are a lot of threads without any real discussion about skating but rather gossip. IMHO. So, even if I check only weeks apart, I rarely miss an interesting discussion.... and that was different a while ago.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We met up with NJSk8fan at our local SOI & COI shows in the last few weeks (as we've been doing since we first met about 2 years ago). She posts at the SOI board too (as "Patch"). She's doing fine, and is just busy with other things as well. We hope to meet up at other local skating events next season.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
iluvtodd said:
We met up with NJSk8fan at our local SOI & COI shows in the last few weeks (as we've been doing since we first met about 2 years ago). She posts at the SOI board too (as "Patch"). She's doing fine, and is just busy with other things as well. We hope to meet up at other local skating events next season.

she is ALWAYS busiest in the summer... I love Patch's posts and always miss her around this time of year lol

JOHIO2

Medalist
missing in action.....

well, actually, missing in inaction. :bow: :bow: :bow: mea culpa!

It's allergy season and I haven't been online as much as usual. I have been posting over on fsu, but even there I haven't had alot to say.

Catching up on the past month or so.....working on my post-Worlds depression. With head under the covers, I am trying to avoid sneezing and sniffling and dripping into my coffee. Grandson just turned two and is perfecting his terrible two reputation. Daughter and son-in-law are perfecting their ":sit in the corner. time out." act. Son is back at Ohio State and happy that no military types have called recently. Too bad I have to tell him the veterans affairs people are now looking for him. He was ecstatic about being invited to join a national honor society, Phi Kappa Phi. Tells me, think Phi Beta Kappa for non-liberal arts students/colleges. Mom proud and happy for him. But still wondering - when will he actually graduate???? Toni and other college students and/or grads will recognize the futlity of scheduling the courses you want and need, especially if you are going for multiple majors. Whatever...as long as he's here in the USA and relatively happy.

Personally, I think more people will wander back after Olympic year overload starts to wear off. Skating will be making a re-appearance in my life, as tomorrow COI will be in Cleveland and I will be there.

I'll try to get back here and post about it, but I also have a choir rehersal tomorrow and a concert to sing in Sunday.

Preparing to guzzle more Nyquil and take another nap.....