Which skater is.... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which skater is....

password

On the Ice
Yup...thats the first question I got right today lol...(got my *** kicked on a math final today)

flutterby1145

Rinkside
Stupid/Dumb: Honestly, I don't any skaters are really stupid or dumb
Smartest: Matt and Fumie
Cutest: Rena
Nicest: Michelle and Scott Hamiliton
Annoying: Irina because she's always bashing America hates America in general, but she has absolutely no problem with taking American money. And for the way she talks about how she was "robbed" in Salt Lake City--four years later.
Funniest: Viktor Petrenko or Phillippe Candeloro
Nerd: not sure.....
Prettiest: Ekaterina Gordeeva
Shortest: Isn't Midori Ito about 4'10"?
Tallest: For females, Tatiana Navka (5'7"-5'8") and for males, Laurent Tombel (6'2")
Skinniest: I think Pang Qiung
Sweetest: Shizuka and Evan

Last edited:

Eeyora

Final Flight
Smartiest: Dick Button
Funniest Ben Agosto
Sweetest Kimmie Mesiner
Likable Michelle Kwan
Annoying- Sasha Cohen
skinniest: Pang
Tallest Evan Lysaceck
Prettyiest Tanith and Shizuka

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
My choice of Tonya H. as stupid/dumb was because IMO she acted in a stupid way...without thinking. This was not an assessment of her intelligence but of her judgement. Commenting on someone's lack of intelligence IMO is not appropriate.

Other than that this thread is fun....something that has been missing from GS lately....IMO.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Obviously, this particular topic must have been composed by a kid. No comment.

:disagree:

R.D.

Record Breaker
the tone here is very serious compared to many other skating boards. While I personally tend not to participate in these threads, I'm all for them. It lightens the atmosphere a bit. Fun to read them though :biggrin:

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
AMEN RD! We used to have fun, fluff type threads here all of the time. Most of us follow FS as entertainment, fun. Why does everything have to be so serious? I don't think anyone is disrespecting the sport with these types of threads. Yes, it seems like junior high school......in a good way. Now, who's going to start the roses and radishes thread:biggrin: ?

R.D.

Record Breaker
oh man, that was a really long time ago, wasn't it...the roses and radishes thing...

SusanBeth

Final Flight
I like that this board consists of several generations of skating fans. We can all profit by treating each other with respect and courtesy. If this board turned into "Strictly Golden Old Codger Skate" and every thread had to pass a "Intellectual Worthiness Test" we'd wind up bored stiff and very silent.

#1Kerryfan Your post was fine. I do hope you continue to post here. We can always use another point of view! :)

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
oh man, that was a really long time ago, wasn't it...the roses and radishes thing...
RD it couldn't have been THAT long ago I remember them well and I'm only 29 :p

Seriously, GS seems to have lost a lot of posters lately, why? And, where have they gone? is there a new board that is sucking the life out of GS?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Back in the day (waaay before the phrase back in the day was even thought of) my junior high, high school, and even town newspapers used to have columns called "Radishes and Roses" or "Onions and Orchids". For example.....
Onions to Mrs. Jones for assigning a lot of homework the night of the big game.
Orchids to the pep club for the great job on the homecoming float.

It's a kind of naughty and nice list. Now they use thumbs up or down or smilies and frownies to do the same thing.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm all for fun, I've just never liked "surveys" that have a way of letting in the bash, which CAN happen from time to time... it's basically just a reminder

I do agree that this board seems to want to run off the "younglings" these days, and I've been annoyed when the comments of "must be a kid" or "can't we have an age limit" comments are raised because skating isn't just for an older crowd. I was... 16 or 17 when I joined GS and have been a fan of skating from the tender age of 4, so I don't think we should demand a level of maturity in anyone.

There's nothing in the rules saying we can't and shouldn't have fun :)

Note: I am not coming down on anyone with this or another post on here, just trying to reply

I hope that what I said earlier was not taken to mean I don't want to have fun. I just am against the whole "stupidest" type stuff...

and with that I'll play along

Stupid/Dumb: ---
Smartest: Matt Savoie, Paul Wylie, Sarah Hughes, Debbie Thomas, Tennley Albright...
Cutest: Hmmm as in attractive - Steven Cousins & Evan Lysacek, as is cute as a bug's ear - Josee Chouinard and Yuka Sato come to mind
Nicest: Kurt Browning, Melissa Gregory & Denis Petukhov
Annoying: I think I hit this subject in another thread
Funniest: Kurt Browning, Melissa Gregory & Denis Petukhov :)
Nerd: Well Paul Wylie certainly played a nerd well in several shows lol
Prettiest: Ekaterina Gordeeva, Jamie Sale, Melissa Gregory, Josee Chouinard and Angela Nikodinov... oh! and Yuka Sato!
Shortest: um, well I don't know that lol
Tallest: again, same answer
Skinniest: I think Pang Qiung
Sweetest: Kurt Browning, Melissa Gregory & Denis Petukhov

lol so yeah there's a us nationals theme going in a few of those, but still :laugh:

skatinghunni

Spectator
Stupidest-no comment
Smartest: Sarah,
Dumbest: no comment
Cutest: Jeff Buttle,Shawn Sawyer
Nicest: Jeff Buttle Kurt Browning, Joannie Rochette
Annoying:ummmmm no comment i guess Plushenko cuz he always won
Funnyest:Jeff Buttle, Shawn Sawyer, Kurt Brown ing
Nerd: not shure
prettyest: Sasha, Joannie, Cynthia Phaneuf,Tatiana Nakava,
shortest: Megan Duhamel