Which Figure Skater would you.... | Golden Skate

Which Figure Skater would you....

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Which Figure Skater would you most like to hit the rink, dinner and a walk in the park with?
?
?
?
Yah that's to hard, top 5?
:bow: :love: :bow: :love:

Could be because they could help you with your skating, aptitude or just cause they seem like they would be fun to hang out with. Give a little reason if you like.

:cool: Bash me if you wish, but I think some people like to express who they're "the most fond of," for whatever reason, in the skating world.:p

Alphabetical order (my favorite only know to moi) and I don't like skating alone.

Fumie S
Sara M
Sasha C
Shizuka A
Yuka S
- 'cause I have have a crush sence I was a teenager regardless of her husband. She is so darling!

Irina would have made the list if I wasn't afraid Sergei would kick my butt.;) Still would like to and feel like I would have fun learning on the ice, but hey, I don't think she would "be there." YKWIM

Last edited:

Lanie

On the Ice
Haha.

I'd love to hit the rink with Sasha Cohen or Evan Lysacek - they seem like fun and could teach a lot.

Dinner with John Kerr. Then we'll hit the rink and he can teach me how to (ice) dance. :love: Why? He's cute and he seems like a genuinely nice guy. And I looove to watch him skate.

Walk in the park with...hmm. Angela Nikodinov. I miss her skating a lot.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Most definitely would go on a romantic dinner with Evan Lysacek ;)

Would love to sit and have a casual lunch with Paul Wylie, would love to talk about his new ministry and the like. He seemed like a very nice guy when he was up here a few months ago. :)

Definitely would love to learn skating from Kurt Browning or Scott Hamilton. They're funny, know their stuff, and they're the bomb lol

I want to get make over tips from Sasha. lol

and yes I realize they're all North American... I'm going with personalities not skating or nationality (why I felt the need to share that I dunno lol)

Eeyora

Final Flight
Hit the Rink with- Michelle
Have dinner with_ Alexei Yagudin
Walk in the Park- Angela (I want to give her encouragement)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Eeyora said:
Hit the Rink with- Michelle
Have dinner with_ Alexei Yagudin
Walk in the Park- Angela (I want to give her encouragement)

I would like to give Miki some encouragement - she really needs it. There really isn't to many skaters I wouldn't love to meet period!:bow:

anniemg

Rinkside
Hit the rink: Gwendal , or Sasha, because I love both of them, but I guess with Gwendal we could do some more steps together(because I can do something more than fall on my *** while on the ice...:biggrin: Oh well we could do lifts!!!)

Dinner: Gwendal, because he seems like a very interesting person to chat with. Lambiel, for the same reason as above and because he's so cute :)

Park: Sasha, just to chat. I'd love to see how she's in real life! Also, Marina Anissinam because she seems to be such a strong person. Plus, I'd love to see what she's oding now...(I guess you've guessed who my favourite skaters are right?)

Last edited:

MKFSfan

Medalist
Hmm...hard to choose, but if I could meet 5 skaters for an extended period of time, it would be Michelle, John Zimmerman, Alexei, Yuka and Kristi for me!

Oh gosh, I'm definitely with Seanibu on this one -- who woudn't I want to meet!

I think my very top would be Lori Nichol. :love: When I go back to school to work on my doctorate in musicology, I want to write my dissertation on the subject: "The short programs of Lori Nichol: Michele Kwan, Sale and Pelletier, and Fumie Suguri -- compare and contrast."

Number two -- if I can include speed skaters -- Ottavio Cinquanta. I would love to discuss his vision for the future of skating.

Number three -- Dick Button. A walking encyclopedia of skating history.

Four -- Scott Hamilton. To discuss the ins and outs of the business end of the sport.

Five -- oh, all right. Yuka Sato. :love: :love: :love: Obvious reasons. :)

Oh no, how could I have forgotten my first love: the five time World Champion, two-time Olympic medalist -- Carol Heiss!!!!!

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
Hit the rink with: Evgeni Plushenko, or Ekaterina Gordeeva
Evening dinner with: Evan Lysacek or Alexander Uspenski
Walk in the park: Johnny Weir or Sergei Dobrin(just to chill.)

Tinika

Rinkside
Oh, what a thought...okay, in no particular order:
Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean (these two must be counted as one!)
Paul Wylie
Scott Hamilton
Dorothy Hamill
Rosalynn Sumners (imagine the gossip and secrets that would be aired!)

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Top 5:

Carolina Kostner!
Irina Slutskaya!
Evgeni Plusenko!
Stephane Lambiel!
Elena Sokolova and Jeffrey Buttle!

If I would suddenly meet Caro at the street, I would hold her so tight and not let her go for hours and hours...!:love:

Rossonera

Spectator
Hit the Rink with Alexei Yagudin
Have dinner with Alexei Yagudin
Walk in the Park Alexei Yagudin

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Hit the rink: Torvill and Dean. I suspect that a lesson with Christopher Dean would leave me a shaking, nervous wreck with no self-esteem, but I'd LEARN something. Considering I still think they're the best ice dance team ever, a lesson with/from them would be WONDERFUL.

Just have a chat with: Soooo many! I've had a four-line conversation with Dick Button, but it would be nice to actually be able to talk to him about skating. Also Frank Carrol, Carol Heiss Jenkins....old-school! I'd love to sit and talk with Brian Boitano, too (actually a skating lesson from him would be good, too.)

Dinner and a movie/walk in the park/whatever: Uh...who's cute, single, and mid/late twenties and male? Oh, and likes girls.

Lanie

On the Ice
julietvalcouer said:
Hit the rink: Torvill and Dean. I suspect that a lesson with Christopher Dean would leave me a shaking, nervous wreck with no self-esteem, but I'd LEARN something. Considering I still think they're the best ice dance team ever, a lesson with/from them would be WONDERFUL.

I so could not handle a lesson with Christopher Dean! You are a far braver soul than I.

For cute single mid/late twenties guys who like girls - look at ice dancers and pairs! ;)

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Hit the rink with: I can hold onto the side of the rink without anyone else's help, and there's no one's time I would waste that way. Be behind the boards to watch coach: Artur Dmitriev, Tamara Moskvina. To watch choreograph: Tatiana Tarasova, David Wilson, Tom Dickson.

Dinner with: Sergei Sakhnovski, Matthew Savoie, and Albena Denkova, because they seem like intelligent, interesting people.

Sasha Cohen and Elena Berezhnaia, because I'd love to know what they're really like as people. (I suspect very nice ones.) Cohen's mother and sister can join in after cocktails.

Stephanie Rosenthal, but given her energy level, only after I've had a few cocktails first.

Walk in the park: Tatiana Navka (DivaMama) and little Sasha. Central Park on a sunny, warmish spring day. I'd love to see her as a regular person, with her kid.

Olivier Schoenfelder and Atilla Elek, because when I walk in the park, it's the only time I'm quiet, and I usually ignore the other person, and from all reports, they really doesn't talk unless they have to.

Oh, you mean that kind of walk in the park. Hmmm. I have to skip the skaters and go straight to the coaches. Peter Gruetter.

IDLERACER

Medalist
seanibu said:
Which Figure Skater would you most like to hit the rink, dinner and a walk in the park with?
Definitely Nicole Bobek, simply because there's a good chance that the evening might not be over after the "walk in the park" part (unfortunately this website does not supply a salacious emoticon rubbing it's hands together fiendishly, which I would insert right about here). Moo-hoo-ha-ha-ha!