GS Posters Reunion Thread | Golden Skate

GS Posters Reunion Thread

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
This reunion is painless. No having to lose 10 pounds, appt. with the plastic surgeon, hair weave, trophy date, or knock 'em dead dress needed. We miss you! Please check in and let us know how you are.:)

I'm not quite sure who you are wanting to reappear. I do know that many GS posters go on hiatus after the Worlds results die down. They'll be back.

Joe

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Joe I'm referring to folks who posted regularly year round and then just seemed to stop posting. But it would be nice to hear what everyone has been up to.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I soooo wish I could be a real part of this. Oh well some day I hope. You guys are something that could be beneficial to FS. I hope I will be welcome on a "reunion" some day. Where is Doggie girl!!!!????

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Seanibu you are a GSer so jump right in! How did you get your name?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well I've not disappeared, I'm just in Kenai this weekend, and next week is finals... and then I've got to find some sort of job for the summer that will allow me 10 days off in July lol

so I'm not missing, which is obvious, but I'm sure you wish I were ;)

Piel - We did have a thread some time ago about 'if MK no longer competes will a fan remain interested in figure skating'.

Most MK fans wrote they would be 85 per cent still interested figure skating. Some, however, thought their interest would be less than 50 percent and others said it would begin to die.

I'm not sure that this is the case but it might have some relevance.

Joe

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Well, I'm still here. Have been going through a let down after the Olympics and have been very busy with work and family, plus I've had some medical issues that I'm working on.........42

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Piel said:
Seanibu you are a GSer so jump right in! How did you get your name?

Thanks, I didn't check back on this after posting. My nick name is my UN. It was given to my by my Indian roommate in 02 and everyone uses it quite a bit - if you say it with and Indian accent it is kinda cool, "shauneeboo."

As for the "updates":rofl: I need new skates. I still cant jump without falling or 2 foot, most of the time I pop. Thinking about leaving the corporate world (stress and back stabbing) and going back into care providing or cooking. My moms knees are in need of surgery, has blood pressure issues and she's now taking the same roids that Irina S takes / took? And Mathman has giving me the nicest complement I think I have ever had from someone on a forum or even an email - what a sweetie!

Thanks again for the welcome. I have never stuck with forums before - been a regular, but this one I like. I was acutely able to "let my guard down" on this one, now I finally know why people get "hooked."

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Actually, don't think I am missing but haven't posted much lately. Several reasons, one of which is I have more to do than I can handle. It just seemed to me that there are a lot of childish posters and am getting too many of those childish questions and answers. There are a few that seem ok but these childish questions, etc. just make me not want to even read any more. I imagine most here don't mind the childish posters but then remember I'm old and maybe I'm getting crochety. :rofl:

I've also had several problems of my children and son in law being so ill. Three out of four of my children.

I also had a neighbor make up a bunch of lies about me and went to a neighbor (the local police chief) with these lies. He knows they were not true but now they are both mad at me and won't speak. That was in July and I still feel awful.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
Actually, don't think I am missing but haven't posted much lately. Several reasons, one of which is I have more to do than I can handle. It just seemed to me that there are a lot of childish posters and am getting too many of those childish questions and answers. There are a few that seem ok but these childish questions, etc. just make me not want to even read any more. I imagine most here don't mind the childish posters but then remember I'm old and maybe I'm getting crochety. :rofl:

I've also had several problems of my children and son in law being so ill. Three out of four of my children.

I also had a neighbor make up a bunch of lies about me and went to a neighbor (the local police chief) with these lies. He knows they were not true but now they are both mad at me and won't speak. That was in July and I still feel awful.

Slander is a serious crime but very hard to prove and normally only a finical loss due to said implications will be addressed in a COL (it seems revenue is the only thing to make the legal system acutely do some work). Note that slander does not have to be a lie and a honest comment at the wrong time can get a suit slapped one the "discloser" of anything that is defamation of character.

As far as the childish - I am sure I might be classified there occasionally - just having fun. As well, there are a number of younger posters and there is the ever present rule "2 sides to every coin." The bigger the coin gets, so do the "heads" AND the "Tails."

I really hope everything gets better for you and everyone in your life soon - similar situation with my Mom and a good friend at work - It all seems so unfair. I know total jerks that are healthy and good people who never seem to catch a break.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Seanibu:
I had no idea you were a youngster as I don't remember any posts of yours that I thought were childish. But I would like to know if you are a male or female.
:rofl:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Male age 37, but sometimes I act like I am 17. That is where I was going with the "I might be responsible for some immature posts." I am very glad you don't feel that way, but I will fess up to having a few when I started that were really not well thought thru. I still believe in the points I was trying to make, but as someone younger MIGHT do too, I was not succinct. Ah the elusive Hindsight.....

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
childish keeps the board young. maturity is always nice, but you have to allow time to let your hair down

like it or not somethings never change, and there's no reason it should

I was a doofy teenager once, I grew out of it, we all did... :laugh: but I grew out of it quicker than some because I had adults that actually allowed me to be my age without going overboard by being an ENCOURAGEMENT whenever I was mature, they didn't just come down hard when I didn't meet their level of maturity in the matter.

I still slip into my not so mature self at times, but I don't think it's wrong to be that way. :laugh:

in stead of stopping your reading/posting... take time and come up with some threads that interest you, you could be surprised.

CDMM1991

Medalist
I've made my feelings about younger posters being a part of the board very clear here. I understand some of the views, but I think that it's no reason to leave GS. It will go through stages. At the moment there seem to be a lot of new younger posters joining, but eventually we will all grow up and it will be a different atmosphere yet again. Trust me, I hate the large neon fonts just as much as you do!

Young ones are fine but boring for me. I like avid discussion on skating and couldn't care less about anyone's favorite, and I don't like 'drop-in' posters who are bent on disrupting the flow of the Board with provocative comments.

Joe

Jhar55

Medalist
Still here even though i don't post much I do read almost everything. I think my computer at home got fried a little last week due to a stom it still works but keeps shutting off or could be a bug,so I am posting from work when I slow on work like right now :laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
CDMM1991 said:
I've made my feelings about younger posters being a part of the board very clear here. I understand some of the views, but I think that it's no reason to leave GS. It will go through stages. At the moment there seem to be a lot of new younger posters joining, but eventually we will all grow up and it will be a different atmosphere yet again. Trust me, I hate the large neon fonts just as much as you do!
CDMM1991, thanks for posting this. I went back and read lots of it. Whew, there were quite a few knock down drag out fights here during the Olympics. It was kind of interesting and really revved me up a few times. :bow: :bow: But alas the regulars hang in there.

Dee

For some posters, it's about the sport of figure skating; for most others it's about the glamour of figure skating like: who's married to whom; why the new hairdo; who's the prettiest, etc. Nothing wrong with any of that but if it gets too much of one thing others leave or at least hibernate till the sport comes back with competitions. I'm not sure age is a factor.

Joe

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Hi, everybody!
I'm doing pretty well, even with the post-season letdown I get every year after Worlds. Fortunately, I usually start gearing up for the renaissance faire season once there's no more skating to watch, and I've been doing some camping recently as well. I'm working on a half dozen parodies - and not one of them is skating-related. (Note to Johnny Weir: you've been awfully quiet lately. Ravyn needs some new material. Do something!) I've also been watching way too much reality television, but we all need a vice or two, right? ;)
Things have slowed way down at work, so some friends have been transferred or laid off. My job is safe, but that doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye. My mom's health is starting to decline, but she's nearly 86 so it's not unexpected. My daughter is healthy and happy (last I heard, but then she hardly ever calls anymore...).
All in all, it's all good. Hope you all have a great weekend.
xoxo
Rave