Flight 93 on A&E | Golden Skate

Flight 93 on A&E

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Supposedly, this show was aired in January 2006 but I missed it. Have any of you seen it? It has been on for a couple of nights. What a courages group of passengers. While watching it, I went through a gamut of emotions. Here is some information about it. I'm sure it will air again on A&E.

Flight 93 on A&E

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I've never sat and watched it all the way through in one sitting but it is a very accurate portrayal... it villifies the actual "bad guys" but does not villify the religion.

I was impressed... and while it's sad, it's also uplifting in a way that they weren't JUST victims but heroes...

Flight 93 out in theaters has gotten great reviews from people (not just critics) who've already seen it... so I am encouraged by both in a lot of ways :)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I had watch it, but is was back in September. It ran twice in a row. Fairly sure it is the same one. I thought is was quite good. Before it started they did bios and such which was very interesting too.

Have you heard the new rumors that the gov. acutely shoot it down and made the whole story up? I can't believe what some people will make up to "dis" the gov. Not that I have a problem with people voicing their opinions, but this should be left alone.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I've heard it... in fact there's one of those that firmly believes it on another board I frequent... it's sad, but whatever floats their boat...

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
I haven't seen this, but will look for it. Also, my friend goes to a film class and saw United 93 before its premiere. He gave it 4 out of 4 stars and his average rank on movies is 2 1/2.

Technically, the conspiracy theory has some legs since I believe there were orders issued to shootdown any plane that did not identify itself. I'd be surprised if it were true considering the timing of all events - they would have had to get that fighter jet up in the air and in the right place pretty damn quick. I don't think there was enough time.

My boss was in a plane when everything was going on - Newark, NJ to LAX. He said they had just gotten their drinks and he was just getting back into his book when the pilot announced they had to land. The flight attendants practically grabbed things out of peoples' hands. He was fortunate to share a ride and drive back. His boss was already in LA and got stuck there for a week.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I saw it earlier in the year and noticed it was on again. I was wondering why another movie was recently released as "United 93" in the theatre as the only movie about this tragic event. Clearly this A&E movie was released quite awhile back. I wonder if many people know about this version? I watched it again. It's difficult to grasp that this actually did happen and that is not just another hollywood disaster flick. I remember the day so vividly as I was on my way to work.

As for the rumour about the Government shooting down the plane and making up the story, this does not surprise me in the least. Many people still belive that the astronauts who made it to the moon in 1969 was a hoax and that the US government invented that whole story. So no big surprise here about September 11 events either.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
heyang said:
I haven't seen this, but will look for it. Also, my friend goes to a film class and saw United 93 before its premiere. He gave it 4 out of 4 stars and his average rank on movies is 2 1/2.
Heyang, I think the A&E Flight 93 was incredible. It is hard for me to imagine that another film could top this one.

Call me naive but I guess I am not understanding when you say the US Government said this tragedy was a hoax, it never happened? Can someone explain what you're talking about, please.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That's it DeeDee, you got it. People are saying it was a hoax, "the gov sent a fighter plane to shoot it down and there were no heros on board." Bunch of crap to me as well, LadySkater used exactly what I was thinking of a comparison when I heard this bald-faced disrespectful lie the government haters have so much negative to say and no worthy contribution except distracting from someone heroism and hurting the families emotions. This is far worse then the "Moon Landing" issue - I think that was perpetuated buy Andy Kaulfmann in a "give me attention" special he did for HBO in the late 70s.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
There will always be conspiracy theories... look at the Lincoln or Kennedy Assasinations

48 hours recently brought up the Marilyn Monroe conspiracy (Bobby Kennedy or his wife or the White House had her killed lol)

I think USers have this diehard obsession with conspiracies :rofl:

heyang

Record Breaker
There are some groups that say the Holocaust didn't happen either... have no idea how they explain all the bodies and why so many people had numbers tattooed on them.

Will Smith of Men in Black, etc was on Leno once. He likes hearing about conspiracy theories. He showed one that's implied - How come Lincoln is the only president not on a silver coin and his profile is pointed in the opposite direction from the other presidential coins, as well?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
I think USers have this diehard obsession with conspiracies :rofl:

True IMO, I wish there were more that wanted to fix problems then dwell on the old!