2004 COI Practice Clip- kind of funny | Golden Skate

2004 COI Practice Clip- kind of funny

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Cute. Do you have any idea what Johnny said or why they were punching each other's flanks? :biggrin:

password

On the Ice
(No idea what Weir was saying...lol)
lol...I guess they were checking out their six packs. It was hilarious at the end when the guy was like "Sasha Cohen" and she darts off...

Last edited:

MKFSfan

Medalist
Man, for all the talk about who's prettier, who made People's 100 list, etc. Jenny Kirk is GORGEOUS! I like the messy, just rolled out of bed look she sports in that clip! :clap:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I remember seeing this vid a long time ago. I believe it was part of a documentary on fellow skater Fumie Suguri.

brinababy87

Rinkside
Johnny said "I am Japanese." I have no idea why he would say that though.. :laugh: He said it with pretty good pronunciation.

Last edited:
Johnny is Japanese? I thought he was Russian! :laugh:

But seriously, Johnny has faced a certain amount of heat for taking an interest in other cultures. People say he is unpatriotic, or something.

I think this judgment is nonsense. All young people (I hope) develop curiousity about and an appreciation for what they find in other parts of the world. One of the cool things about figure skating at the elite level is that it gives these young athletes a chance to travel and learn.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
I remember seeing this vid a long time ago. I believe it was part of a documentary on fellow skater Fumie Suguri.

:rolleye: What do you mean "fellow?" (idelracers fiendish emotionicon here)

R.D.

Record Breaker
seanibu said:
:rolleye: What do you mean "fellow?" (idelracers fiendish emotionicon here)

Umm, fellow as in compatriot...companion...why does that bother you so much? :confused:

MM- cool photos. I need to know where you get some of those from so I can add to my collection. Many of those photos you post I find I don't have.

password

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
Umm, fellow as in compatriot...companion...why does that bother you so much? :confused:

MM- cool photos. I need to know where you get some of those from so I can add to my collection. Many of those photos you post I find I don't have.

Two Questions: How many pictures do you have?
and
Why?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Nah, many of those pictures I have I would have to ask permission to post on a separate web site. Plus I don't have the time, the money/bandwidth nor the expertise to run such a site. Remember, these are enough photos to fill a DVD (no, not a CD, a DVD)...and then some.

I have tried to make a video website, though, but was unsuccessful (and now there's a popular video forum to meet that demand, anyway).

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:

:scratch: No "bother" more you lucky guy you, as in, just thinking that might be taken as you are "pals" with the great Suguri-san.

MM, OMG!!!!!! that made my day, she looks so good - as always. :love: I don't know why they can't get nicer chairs, not that I would notice if it wasn't a picture. And I am with RD on the question of where.....? Not that I am collecting a library of all skater, but I could never have enough of Fumie.