Is it my Imagination or Do the AI judges Seem Bored? | Golden Skate

Is it my Imagination or Do the AI judges Seem Bored?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I have been noticing that Randy, Simon and Paula on American Idol seem a little bored and fed up with the who AI process. Paula is getting weirder each show. Simon seems completley bored and could careless and Randy just seems indifferent. Do you think they have already figured out who will win and they are just putting in the time? They must be sick of the genre by now. I wonder how many more of these shows can be suffered through. Maybe it is time for the idol format to implode.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I don't really think the judges are "suffering" and if they are all they need to do is think about what the are being pa$d to "suffer". As for viewers if it's not entertaining for you turn the channel or wait an hour and watch 'House":love: :love: :love: .

I don't know about bored, but whatever Paula is on, she needs to check herself into a clinic somewhere.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Paula does come across us overly emotional. Did you see the night that she told Ace he could tell her about his scar later? Randy and Simon gave her a look like didn't you learn your lesson with that other guy?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Simon even said "careful Paula" and she went BALLISTIC on him (From what I hear she didn't stop during the commercial break either)

she is a complete and total nut job of a drama queen and she's the reason why I am tempted most nights not to watch. I've a mind to write a long letter to AI asking them to rethink their contract with her. I much prefer just Simon and Randy.

Simon has a persona he must live up to. He was just as bored in teh first season as he is this season. He's supposed to be the guy everyone fears and hates at the same time. There are people who tune in just to hear him, and don't give two cents to the singing. I watch the auditions not for the talent (or lack their of) but for some great Simon moments.

I do think he is getting really tired of Paula's act, and I wonder if that's one of the reasons he does ask for more $$ everytime he's up to renew lol

Randy, I think, takes the show most seriously at times (though Simon at heart has the most to lose as he is part of the team that signs the winner and whatnot) but he doesn't really try to keep the audience entertained... he does have the whole wannabe pimpster type persona...

The judges are more entertaining than the singing... teh singing is great... but honestly I'd be bored if it were just singing and no snide brittish remarks

CB1AB2

Medalist
Sometimes when the camera shoots from behind the judges you can see Simon and Paula talking = not paying attenttion = that must be hard on the singers if they happen to look at them and see them = in this weeks TV guide Simon says he want to get into the motion picture business too =

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Haven't watched too much to start, little lately - House rocks and so does Bones - I think that they are all more talented than any other to the degree that they will all be successful (not so much Kelli - maybe Playboy, which I wouldn't bother with - yeppy another Brittany) so it comes down to them thinking 4 people who have all got careers ahead of them. Maybe this is kinda boring for them.

Unlike my reasons for for liking Dani in SP, I think Kat is extremely talented and very likable with AMAZING good looks. The perfect AI.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think Paula is going through some off-camera drama (not that I follow that stuff, but I get People's daily newsletter and every week there's something about her) so I wouldn't be surprised if it's carrying over into AI. But hasn't she always been a bit...well...you know...?

Time to get someone else! :laugh:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
... (not that I follow that stuff, but I get People's daily newsletter and every week ...........

Time to get someone else! :laugh:

Ah hunh;) J/K with you, please don't be mad dog.

I agree with getting someone else for Paula' s spot too - not that I am the best judge of that "'cause I never follow that kinda stuff" hee hee. She seems so emotionally attached to some that it maybe time for a change there.