New Latino Skating Interview - Crystalrose Guerra | Golden Skate

New Latino Skating Interview - Crystalrose Guerra

Arsenette

On the Ice
New Interview added today:

Crystalrose Guerra - April, 2006 Interview

This month we have Crystalrose Guerra. She's a Junior Level Skater who trains out of Culver City, California. She was gracious to email us her answers this month. She's a graceful skater who thoroughly enjoys the artistic side of the sport doing many shows. She has skated in Beverly Hills on Ice for two years and even skated live this past winter to a performance from Jamie Walters. She and her sister Cassandra have been avid supporters of Latino Skating. Crystalrose has been a participant of our yearly Latino Skating Calendar for two straight years.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
She is lovely in the pictures, looks graceful. Hope to see the world of FS become MORE SO truly that (a world sport completely). I am surprised there is not a greater number of Latinos in Ice Dance as well....well I guess the waltz thing isn't really Latino, but my sister-in-law can dance to anything and make it seem like it has been the way she was raised to dance. The ballroom Latino theme is more popular and was used recently, so I hope that is a sign of things to come also.
I would also like to see the Middle East compete more as well (Tugba was wonderful!) - honestly I am a sucker for dark hair and eyes, combined that with the beauty of FS and my brain goes of with electrons like I am seeing the ocean or a mountain view for the very first time, there is nothing more beautiful. Spanish, Latin and South American women and men should really excel in this area, some of the most diverse dancing as well as being so emotional, comes from the Latino populus. Some may disagree with me on this importance, but I believe that is what makes FS the most unique sport.
As she was saying in the interview, I don't think she will come across any obstacles either regarding nationality. The more diverse the better when it comes to and expressive sport - which I hope stays important to FS.

I just wish the boards didn't have advertisements all over them. Most of the time no notice, but on occasion it is distracting.

Anyway thank you for sharing!