View Poll Results: Who should be the Dem in '08?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kerry

3 6.82%
  • Hillary

15 34.09%
  • Someone else

26 59.09%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2008 Election

Quote Originally Posted by julietvalcouer
    I took a perverse pleasure when I registered to vote here in knowing that I could now vote against Kerry again. (And finally get to take a personal stab at Teddy, too. How did that family produce John and Bobby, and then HIM?)
    Welcome to Massachusetts, Juliet

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsteam4501s
    Here's why I believe that: Dem voters will jump at the chance to get BOTH the first lady president AND Bill as the first first uhhh, "gentleman".
    I have to laugh at that.

Custom Title
    Not likely to happen...but I like...
    Sam Brownback (Kansas)
    Jim Bunning (Kentucky)
    Mike DeWine (Ohio)
    Pete Domenici (New Mexico),
    Mel Martinez (Florida)
    Frank Murkowski (Alaska)
    Rick Santorum (Pennsylvania)
    David Vitter (Louisiana)
    or ...George Voinovich (Ohio).

if not them, I guess McCain

"I know in my heart that man is good.
    That what is right will always eventually triumph.
    And there's purpose and worth to each and every life."
    -Ronald Reagan

Shoe Diva
    I was watching Hard Ball the other day (yes, I know, but I think its important to know what the enemy is up to...) and took perverse pleasure in watching the talking heads almost pass out & die while watching the reaction Hilary got from the "silent majority" during a democratic peprally thing... I had the same reaction reading about the dismal failure that was the the proposed constitutional amendment to ban gay marriages...

The Republicans are in big trouble... And for good reason. They have systematically ruined political in-roads, instigated an unjust war, destroyed the economy & confidence, brought back the national deficit, outed CIA opperatives and harped about "family values" while doing nothing to ensure the stability of poor & working class families

However, what did it for me were those pictures of US citizens begging for help and basically being ignored by their government while families struggling to make ends meet, gave their all during Katrina.

Its time for a change. Its time for a president that will focus on domestic issues, families, women, children, health care and education. If Hilary can represent that change, then I'll be the first person to volunteer. If another candidate who is so tyed up with the religious right (an oxymoron if ever there was one...) wins in 2008, then I'm taking my son & running to Canada...

Kwanfordwife will you please pick me up and take me with you when you run for the border?

KwanfordWife, ITA that Republicans are in trouble. However, when we vote for president, personality matters more than the party. No offense to Kerry, but it felt like most people voted for him not because they liked him, but because they wanted to vote against Bush. That's no way to win elections, or to govern for that matter. It seems to me that Democrats are so afraid of loosing, they become to cautious, and start looking rather fake. As I've mentioned before, in a recent Gore interview I was struck by how much I liked him; back in 2000, I was so disgusted with Dems that I voted for Nader (could afford it seeing as Mass goes blue any way you look at it).

Having said all that, I do think Kerry was the best of the Democratic candidates in 2004 (though I did have a soft spot for Dean).

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka
    KwanfordWife, ITA that Republicans are in trouble. However, when we vote for president, personality matters more than the party. No offense to Kerry, but it felt like most people voted for him not because they liked him, but because they wanted to vote against Bush. That's no way to win elections, or to govern for that matter. It seems to me that Democrats are so afraid of loosing, they become to cautious, and start looking rather fake. As I've mentioned before, in a recent Gore interview I was struck by how much I liked him; back in 2000, I was so disgusted with Dems that I voted for Nader (could afford it seeing as Mass goes blue any way you look at it).

Having said all that, I do think Kerry was the best of the Democratic candidates in 2004 (though I did have a soft spot for Dean).
    All of the above are statements I'd commit myself to... espcially the soft spot for Dean.

But here's a question - how much better off would the environment be as a whole if Al Gore really dedicated his passion, power base and connections in that direction and left politics to the politicians?

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    Kwanfordwife will you please pick me up and take me with you when you run for the border?
    Absolutely! West Virginia is on the way from Richmond!!! (No DC traffic & no tolls! )

Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    But here's a question - how much better off would the environment be as a whole if Al Gore really dedicated his passion, power base and connections in that direction and left politics to the politicians?
    I believe strongly that the only way for a real turn around on environment is what Thomas Friedman calls "geo-green". This can only happen with political will.

Not the droid you're looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    Now that's what I call a road trip!
    Meet you there?
    xoxo
    Rave

Not the droid you're looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka

Well said, Ptichka. Couldn't agree with you more, except that my soft spot was for Kucinich.
    The Dems aren't going to win by being cautious and "Republican-lite" - but they aren't going to win at all without immediate election reform. I would not be at all surprised to see Jeb Bush win in 2008.
    Good thing I know all the words to "Oh, Canada", eh?
    Rave

I've always liked the maple leaf motif. Hey Lad, how do you feel about some new neighbors? Let's try this on.....

Goooo Joannie, Jeff, and D&L for gold in Vancouver! I think I've got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn Rant
    Well said, Ptichka. Couldn't agree with you more, except that my soft spot was for Kucinich.
    Unfortunately, Kucinich is much too anti-Israel for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3