2008 Election | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2008 Election

Who should be the Dem in '08?

• Total voters

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Ptichka said:
KwanfordWife, ITA that Republicans are in trouble. However, when we vote for president, personality matters more than the party. No offense to Kerry, but it felt like most people voted for him not because they liked him, but because they wanted to vote against Bush. That's no way to win elections, or to govern for that matter. It seems to me that Democrats are so afraid of loosing, they become to cautious, and start looking rather fake. As I've mentioned before, in a recent Gore interview I was struck by how much I liked him; back in 2000, I was so disgusted with Dems that I voted for Nader (could afford it seeing as Mass goes blue any way you look at it).

Having said all that, I do think Kerry was the best of the Democratic candidates in 2004 (though I did have a soft spot for Dean).

Well said, Ptichka. Couldn't agree with you more, except that my soft spot was for Kucinich.
The Dems aren't going to win by being cautious and "Republican-lite" - but they aren't going to win at all without immediate election reform. I would not be at all surprised to see Jeb Bush win in 2008.
Good thing I know all the words to "Oh, Canada", eh?;)
Rave

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I've always liked the maple leaf motif. Hey Lad, how do you feel about some new neighbors?:biggrin: Let's try this on.....

Goooo Joannie, Jeff, and D&L for gold in Vancouver! I think I've got it.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Ravyn Rant said:
Well said, Ptichka. Couldn't agree with you more, except that my soft spot was for Kucinich.
Unfortunately, Kucinich is much too anti-Israel for me.