View Poll Results: Who should be the Dem in '08?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kerry

3 6.82%
  • Hillary

15 34.09%
  • Someone else

26 59.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Election

Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton

Shoe Diva
    Piel... Now that would be the ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by #1Kerryfan
    If it all came down to Kerry or Hillary, who would you pick?
    It cannot just come down to that because there will surely be more than 2 candidates at primaries.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    I meant if everyone dropped out but those two.

While Al Gore denies making another run for the presidency, I'd vote for him. I did before & I'd do it again! How about a Gore-H. Clinton ticket? There's been some negative comments about Giuliani by people who worked with him or for him in NYC lately. I get the picture of a dictator. That's scary.

Al Gore is so Anti-Alaskan even the Democrats up here didn't vote for him in 2000...

as for if it were hill vs john... no doubt he'd LOSE... as everyone's already pointed out Hillary's the stronger candidate in the long run... John is so wishy-washy and a poll watcher that I wouldn't in good faith trust him to run the country at all. While Hillary isn't any better as far as I'm concerned when it comes to her political view, at least she'll STICK to her decisions...

Of course they are against Gore in Alaska. He just finished a first class movie about the ecology and the shrinking icebergs up thar in the artic.

Alaskans, apparently want oil drigging and piplines which should warm up the atmosphere.

Joe

I have heard a number of times that Kerry's wife was a reason - for the ones who don't think more than who they like, not abilities. I didn't think she was very likable either. Kinda had a "pompous" look about her. I don't know if that is true evaluation of her persona or not. But I do know there are a number of voters that vote based on such silly things - and a bigger number then I think anyone would like to admit. Scary.

Oh I voted for Hillary just cause I think she is Hot. Just kidding, I hope there will be better options coming REALLY soon!
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 05-24-2006 at 10:48 PM.

Kerry's wife is Queen of the Tomatos. If it weren't for her majesty, the sale of hamburgers would go down. If you love hamburgers, you must love Mrs. Kerry.

Joe

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Personally, I like Theresa Heinz Kerry and kind of wished SHE were running instead of her husband. (Yes, I know she's not eligible, being born in Zimbabwe or wherever it was.). That's not meant as a dig at Kerry, I just found her to be much more charismatic.

Seems if Kerry was going to run again, we would have heard some rumblings about that by now.

Having Hillary in the race would make things MOST interesting. Actually, I think having Hillary in the race would probably lead to the highest voter turnout in decades. She seems to be one of those people, you either LOVE her or you HATE her. I think she would bring a lot of people out to the polls who wouldn't ordinarily go, but for two reasons -- 1. She would address a lot of issues that many other candidates would not and/or have not and would definitely inspire the more liberal-leaning, but perhaps generally politically apathetic, voters; and/but 2. She would also inspire the more conservative-leaning, but perhaps generally politically apathetic voters -- to vote against her. I am truly amazed at the amount of hatred and vitrol directed towards her. My grandmother was a (very) conservative Republican and since she passed away a couple of months ago I've been getting her mail from all the groups she supported or upon whose mailing lists she ended up on, and there are no less than THREE PACs whose sole aim is to get Hillary Clinton out of politics. My grandmother herself thought that the Clintons were Mr. and Mrs. Satan. Now, I can understand not agreeing with their politics, but I'm amazed at the amount of flack they've gotten.

But we'll just have to see who runs. I do have to say, as a lifelong liberal Democrat, I would seriously consider voting for McCain if he ran, depending on who he was running against.

Actually, the person I'd like to see try and run again would be Wesley Clark. When they were polling all the candidates during the last election about their views and ideas on various issues, I agreed with more of his views and liked more of his ideas than anyone else's, including Kerry's and Dean's.

Actually -- my DREAM candidate (tho also not eligible to run unless there's a major law change) would be Madeleine Albright. Now THIS is a lady who could get things done!

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    Actually -- my DREAM candidate (tho also not eligible to run unless there's a major law change) would be Madeleine Albright. Now THIS is a lady who could get things done!
    ITA and pity that the law exists. But isn't Arnold trying to change that?

Joe

Not the droid you're looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Kerryfan
    I meant if everyone dropped out but those two.
    In that case, I'd have to vote Green. Personally, I'm too progressive politically to be happy with a choice that doesn't seem like a choice at all.
    But that's irrelevant, Kerryfan. I just want you to know that I really respect you for getting involved with politics at such a young age and I hope you keep it up! We hear so much about young people not caring about what's going on in the world; thank you for helping to disprove that.

xoxo
    Rave

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    It's not just the law, it a part of constitution. Put their originally by the founding fathers for a very good reason - to prevent foreign powers pushing their heirs onto America as leaders.

Never cared much about Albright. IMHO she was far too fond of grand gestures, as in wanting parties to sign onto something for the sake of having an agreement as opposed to actually coming up with a workable solution.

Personally, I like Theresa Heinz Kerry and kind of wished SHE were running instead of her husband.
    ITA. She appeared much more "real" than the rest. I am afraid though that the nature of campaigns now prevents candidates from being real human beings. I was listening to an interview with Gore the other day, and was struck by how much more likable he appeared now that he wasn't trying to win the presidency. Sad.

My grandmother herself thought that the Clintons were Mr. and Mrs. Satan. Now, I can understand not agreeing with their politics, but I'm amazed at the amount of flack they've gotten.
    It used to amaze me as well. But now that I really hate the current president I understand how many conservatives must have felt during the Clinton years.
    Last edited by Ptichka; 05-31-2006 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz

Joe
    Arnold can bite me on that one - well I guess I am not a female in a acting role with him so that would never happen.

If he thinks that needs to be changed then he obviously is not behind the American constitution and that in it's self is enough reason not to vote for him. You just have to be born here, big whoop if you were not - you just can't be a President. Double U double A. Influence and active in politics are not out of the question, so work with that. Besides, everyone is from somewhere else except the Native Americans. So he will just have to let his kids decide if they want to be involved in running for that ONE particular position.

Ballroom Baby
    I took a perverse pleasure when I registered to vote here in knowing that I could now vote against Kerry again. (And finally get to take a personal stab at Teddy, too. How did that family produce John and Bobby, and then HIM?)

Hillary has all the favors, connections, Bill factor (he is INFINITELY more likeable than her) the illusion of centrist positions, and has NOT been a losing candidate for national office. Yes, she's a carpetbagger, yes, she has some legal/ethical problems, but she's got a big war chest, an unremarkable Senate record (no scandals/controversial votes) and name recognition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast