Skating Trivia Game | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Skating Trivia Game

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Who do we know won Nats, Worlds, Olys from 28 y.o. onwards?

Joe

Do you mean who won Nationals, Worlds and Olympics after she or he was 28 years old? Are you referring to one person? By Nats, do you mean U.S. Nationals? Because Tatiana Navka was over 28 when she last won Russian Nationals, Worlds and Olympics.

Here's another question:
Who are the first ice dancers to win gold at the World Junior Championships?

I give up, JonnyCoop. The suspense is killing me. If no one can answer (what South American country produced an eight place finish in the Olympics?), give me a hint! :)

My only guess is Argentina, in particular some German who settled there after WWII (?)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Argentina is correct. Henri Torrome finished 7th (aka last) in the first Olympic skating competition, London 1908.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Pixie Cut said:
Here's another question:
Who are the first ice dancers to win gold at the World Junior Championships?

Officially, it would be Sergei Ponomarenko and his first partner, Tatiana Durasova, in 1978.

However, World Juniors were actually started in 1976, but weren't referred to as that for another couple of years, so the 76 and 77 winners don't officially count.
Unofficially, the answer would be Kathryn Winter and Nicky Slater of Britain.

FUN FACT: If the "unofficial" Jr. Worlds of 76 and 77 counted, then Australia and South Africa would have ISU medals. Elizabeth Cain (mother of Sean Carlow) and her brother Peter (who used to date Linda Fratianne way back when) won bronze in 76; a pair named Elga Balk and Gavin MacPherson of South Africa won silver in 77. Technically, tho, that was last place as there were only 2 pairs entered; the Soviets walked out of the competition in all categories because the South Africans were allowed to compete there.

Next Question:

Lloyd Eisler has won a total of 8 Worlds medals (when combining both Junior and Senor levels) with 3 different partners. Who were they?

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:
Next Question:

Lloyd Eisler has won a total of 8 Worlds medals (when combining both Junior and Senor levels) with 3 different partners. Who were they?

I know I'm screwing up the spelling, but
Lori Baier (Jr. Worlds medal)
Katarina Matousek (World bronze in 85)
Isabelle Brasseur