Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Music, what do you want to hear?

Music, what do you want to hear?

I think that there are reasons for the music used. But If you could see anybody do a routine to any music, what would it be?

The first one that comes to mind for me is
    Fumie (of course) skating to "You Look So Fine" by the band Garbage (then I could die happy).

Yuka skating to "Slide Away" by Oasis (also pure joy in my soul!!!)

Irina S (I wish she liked the nick name Rini) skating to "Girl" by Tori Amos - would like it if Tori was at center Ice playing piano too

Sasha Skating to "Freedom 90" by George Michael

Tatiana and Max skating to "Until The End Of The World" by U2:

Kurt skating to "Too Little Too Late" by Barenaked Ladies

Johnny skating to "Fighter" or "What A Girl Wants" by Christina Aguilera

Jenney Kirk to "Wicked Garden" by Stone Temple Pilots

Miki skating to "Diesel power" by Prodigy

Denis and Melissa to "Circles" by Incubus

Just to name a "few"
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 05-06-2006 at 10:06 PM.

Not just because that is what I want, but it is something I think missing from getting "new fans."

Skating Freak Barbie
    In terms of music that could be used in eligible competition, I would love to see some more blues or jazz variations in use, by skaters who do it good!

Hmmm for competitive skating I think the Ice Age movie's overture would be a great piece of upbeat music, maybe use it for a short program. I could see someone like Evan Lysacek or Fumie Suguri who do well with footwork using it.

I want to see Paul Wylie skate to "I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe
    Kurt Browning - I've wanted to see him skate to "Shameless" (the Garth Brooks version) for years

hmmmmm meditate on this, I will.

Banned
    In the arms of my beloved Richard Kruspe.
    You want to know what I would love to see if people can skate to music from H.I.M.? Especially Johnny Weir who looks alot like Ville Valo minus the eyes, of course since Ville Valo has the most amazing eyes ever, and the most amazing everything, but this is a figure skating forum and not a H.I.M. forum as much as I love the band.

Some ice-dancers would be awesome skating to something by Epica, especially from their "Consign to Oblivion" album, European/Folk/Fantasy/Opera metal would make an amazing FD.

Custom Title
    I would love, love, love to see someone skate to "For Lovers" by Wolfman featuring Pete Doherty in an exhibition. Such a beautiful beautiful piece.

Also : Tom McRae's "A Day Like Today" would be lovely as well.

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar
    I would luuuuuv to see Sasha skate to Mendolsohn's Nocturne from A Midsummer Night's dream. I think she could really do it justice.

The Afternoon of a Faun (Debussy) is another gorgeous peice of music. I think Yuko Sato used it at some point. Anyway, it's so lush and in a way, haunting. I would love to see it used again...

For Melissa and Denis (for those who don't know whom I refer to think Gregory & Petukhov lol) I would love to see them skate to "I Won't Dance" by Michael Buble and *brain fart - can't remember her name* It'd be a flirty and fun number for them and I love that type of program for them. They don't get to do those enough. Maybe this season we'll see something along those lines

nubka - yes Yuka Sato did use it, and won the World Pro with it... Angela Nikodinov has also used it... as well as Janet Lynn if I'm not mistaken...

Tripping on the Podium
    Thriller = Sergei Dobrin

Skating Freak Barbie
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka

The Afternoon of a Faun (Debussy) is another gorgeous peice of music. I think Yuko Sato used it at some point. Anyway, it's so lush and in a way, haunting. I would love to see it used again...
    Ilia Klimkin had a great program to this music! Of course, I think Klimkin anyway!

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    I'd love to see Tanith & Ben skate to "Rock Lobster" by the B-52s.

Didn't Fumie do "Paint It Black" last season or season before? Continuing in that vein, I think she'd do a great job with "Ruby Tuesday".

I've always wanted to see a free dance done to Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit". I'm thinking the Kerrs.

Custom Title
    JonnyCoop, I'd watch John Kerr skate to anything!

Quote Originally Posted by nubka
    I would luuuuuv to see Sasha skate to Mendolsohn's Nocturne from A Midsummer Night's dream. I think she could really do it justice.
    It would also be interesting to see a reprise of Sasha's Mendelssohn violin concerto program. At the time, I thought the music was a little too big for her. I would like to see what she could do with it now.

Here are some more of my dream programs, LOL.

1. Johnny Weir. Kalinikov's first symphony, second movement. (If Kalinikov hadn't died young, no one today would be performing Mahler, LOL.)

2. Jeff Buttle. Hummel trumpet concerto, movements two and three. (Fully the equal of the more famous Haydn trumpet concerto from the same era, IMHO.)

3. Michelle Kwan. The perfect music for a no jump, recovering-from-injury program, because of the continuous flow of the descant, punctuated by the choral crescendos. Bach, Jesu joy of man's desiring (Cantata # 147).

4. Michelle Kwan -- now fully recovered and back in the hunt. Haydn, string quartet opus 76 no. 4 (first movement) or no. 5 (second movement).

5. Duet for two ladies -- not sure who could do this justice. Mozart, the letter duet (che soave zeffiretto) from the Marriage of Figaro.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    5. Duet for two ladies -- not sure who could do this justice. Mozart, the letter duet (che soave zeffiretto) from the Marriage of Figaro.
    Why do I think that Michelle and Irina would be the best for any duet for two ladies? (Ans -- probably because I want them desperately to do one -- and I don't care what music they use)

At one time I was thinking of Kristi as the Contessa and Michelle as Suzzana, LOL.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast