What other forums do you read? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

What other forums do you read?

sk8er1964

On the Ice
JOHIO2 said:
Boy, does that sound familiar! I post at FSU for the same reason. Started hanging there for pbp during events and sorta stuck around to play.

And it's so much fun when you do....(oops, wrong forum :laugh: )

I visit here, FSU, and skatingforums, which I really love for the interaction with my fellow adult skaters. I also visit the MLive youth hockey forum -- if you want to see some really stupid hockey parents, here's the place to go. I visit in hopes that I will not, even though my son's entering his third year of travel hockey, become one of them......

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
The ones dominated by polls like, what position would you like to do Yagudin in?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm not even going to respond.

Dee:laugh: :laugh:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
After what I have stated, and what I have looked back into, there is no other forum but GS. This place has it all! Good, bad, ugly, lovely, brains and ignorance - but nothing is overwhelming. The only thing that is not here,THANK GOODNESS, is religion.

GS RULES!!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Because of a horrible ordeal with my tooth and resulting root canal which I am still suffering through - 3 months later, I have been visiting a forum which caters to folks with dental problems and fears. I still have to deal with the pain everyday and night, but it helps to talk to others in the same boat. Also I never realized that a root canal could be unsuccessful. This is the worst root canal procedure I have ever endured. It is getting better, but still nags at me off and on.

I did register on another figure skating forum a long time ago, but have not visited it in the last couple of years. Golden skate is the only forum I have stuck with on a regular basis. I keep thinking I will quit, but a topic will pop into my head and well here I am again......:biggrin:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Ladskater said:
Because of a horrible ordeal with my tooth and resulting root canal which I am still suffering through - 3 months later,

Sorry to here that:frown: I am one of those that loves the Dentists and all that ensues from it other than the pain. I was a hard candy freak who ALWAYS CHEWED, loss of 2 teeth and have found the ultimate Dentist. I wish you could see her. I don't know what encouragement I can give other then the obvious "better than" crud that never helps unless you slap the person who said it. You could drive by the oral surgeons who gave you the "root" and egg the place or the car, it might bring a brief smile to you face!

mike9000

Rinkside
Read and have post to
Emily Hughes Fanpage Forum
FSUniverse
The Kimmie Meissner Forum
U.S. Fiqure Skating

Read mostly
Avian Flu Talk
CurEvents.com
DVD Plaza
Dvdtalk
Flu Wiki 2
FluTrackers
Friday The 13th Forum
HT Movies

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ladskater said:
Because of a horrible ordeal with my tooth and resulting root canal which I am still suffering through - 3 months later, I have been visiting a forum which caters to folks with dental problems and fears.
Lad, could you post the url for this site.

Dee

Suzy

On the Ice
GS
FSU
GGMB
Johnny's Angels (?)
Unseen Skaters
Skatingforums
Enough is enough!

redladybug21

Rinkside
other forums i frequent
Michelle Kwan Fan Forum
Evan Lysacek Fan Forum
FSU
Stephane Lambiel Fan Forum
various others not related to skating

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I spend a lot of time at fsvids and youtube uploading, downloading and discussing skating videos.I post occasionally here and at fsuniverse, and at dailykos.

But I miss my old friends here at goldenskate. When I read your posts, I wonder why I haven't dropped in here for a while?

Sk8Gr808

Rinkside
Pretty much all of my forum activity is at the FS forums, like fsvids, and fsu, but I will occasionally visit pirate forums. I luv pirates :rock:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Is PITI (Pain in the Ice) still in business? .

No. A Thousand Times No. A Big 'Ol Happy Dance No!
:chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

Yes, I got banned and no, I'm not still bitter and no, I didn't burn candles and pray for the ungodly demise of the nastiest skating board EVER!!!

(all I'm saying is that if you promote yourself as the one place where its safe to be critical of bad performances, then you should be about that... as opposed to a thinly veiled fanboard of three particular skaters...)

swissmiss

Rinkside
All my forums are figure-skating related, and my participation is fairly recent. I stumbled across Stéphane's board on the Absolute Skating forum just before the Olympics, when I was searching the net for an explanation of the zebra costume. I found the explanation, but I still thought it was UGLY! :no:

I post mainly on AS - it's a regular Stéphane love-fest with a dangerously high estrogen level. :love: Most of the regulars are European teenage girls who want to marry him, but there are a few older ladies that want to adopt him, and a couple of guys who actually watch him skate! ;)

I'm also a regular on FSvids - between that site and AS I've collected videos of pretty much every time Stéphane's been on TV. (and of course I share!) FSU's another story - the "food fights" can get quite ugly. I read it often to keep up on the news but don't post much except in the polls and such. I love talking about skating, but sometimes I don't have the time or energy to form logical arguments and defend them to the death, you know? :p

Anyways, I'm glad to be here - in what appears to be the happy medium. :agree:

Lanie

On the Ice
SashaFans
FSU
AbsoluteSkating
Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing (the poor names children are saddled with! we snark! It's almost as bad as FSU! ;))

Suzy

On the Ice
By the way, cross GGMB off my list. I've been banned from one of the most closed-minded boards ever! Don't miss it a bit. :agree:

guinevere

Final Flight
Upthread I mentioned other forums where I am a member, but I thought I'd give a shout out to the blogs I have to check pretty much every day:
www.gofugyourself.com and
www.cuteoverload.com

I used to be addicted to Reality News Online too - they're great for recaps, but now there are so many reality shows it's impossible to keep up with all the articles.

I'm also addicted to youtube for '80s music videos.