7th Heaven | Golden Skate

7th Heaven

Jhar55

Medalist
Did anyone else watch this show?
It's the only TV show I've ever watched every episode.
I never did beleive that Martin was the father of Sandys baby and always thought it was Simons. Now in a few years a great reuion show with Ruthie getting to marry the man of her dreams Martin.
Was happy with the ending that Rose and Simon didn't marry. But the part with Mary, Matt and Lucy all having tiwns was a little much.
This will be one of the show I will miss, but all shows have to end sometime.
What to watch Mondays at 7???

Lonewolf

On the Ice
Jhar55-1 said:
Was happy with the ending that Rose and Simon didn't marry. But the part with Mary, Matt and Lucy all having tiwns was a little much.
This will be one of the show I will miss, but all shows have to end sometime.
What to watch Mondays at 7???

Yes, I agree that Mary, Matt, and Lucy all having twins was a bit much. In addition, I too am glad that Rose and Simon did not get married. I think there is some talk of a spin-off, but I am not sure of this.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I enjoyed the first few seasons... but it quickly turned into a teenybopper soap opera and I quit watching...

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I liked it. Maybe I am in my second childhood. :rofl:
My biggest problem with the show all along had been "why did they pick such dumb kids to play those twins?" Sorry if that insults anyone but that is what I think. I never did like the spoiled brat and narcisstic Lucy. It was just so good to see a show that is moral.

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
I agree. I love this show at the beginning but stopped following it when it became soap operay.

As for why they picked such dumb kids to play the twins... well it's been the same kids since they were born, so I guess they didn't know at the time they'd be so dumb lol! Seriously though, Ruthie was MUCH better at her part when she was younger than they are in the final season... and her character was much more developed... I mean the twins were how old? 7? 8? and still have to do EVERYTHING together, There only lines every are things like "I'm hungry" "me too" (They sit down on the same chair together and eat from the same plate) or "I've gotta go to the bathroom" " Me too" (They both go into the washroom) etc... In real life though they are quadruplets... all four played them as babies but now only two do (One stopped around age two because he didn't like to act and one was a girl so they couldn't pull that off for too long)

Anyways, enough rant on the twins lol. I agree it is good to see a moral show and the old seasons especially reminded me a lot of shows like Touched by an Angel or Promised Land.

Jhar55

Medalist
Oh good I am not the only one who didn't like the twins should hae been named Pete and Repete. A spin off haven't heard anything about that. As for Ruthie I think they let her character develop as normal as possiable for someone her age. Yes Lucy was bratty and Mary the rebal Matt being the older brother tried to keep all the kids in line and Simon was I am not sure. But in all I think Happy was the most behaved one on the show even though her part was cut the last couple of years.

Lonewolf

On the Ice
According to Wikipedia, "7th Heaven ... has also recently been cancelled, with the finale scheduled to air on May 8, 2006; however, talks are reportedly ongoing among CW executives and Spelling Television which may either reverse that cancellation, or green-light a spinoff that features the "younger and less expensive" stars."

For more information on the new CW check out this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CW_Television_Network

IDLERACER

Medalist
The program inadverdently had a very negative message. Only good looking people get to be on television. I've only seen it a couple of times, but two of the regular characters were cops that looked like runway models, and Tara Lipinski played a prostitute. You know you're in trouble when a hooker is the most wholesome looking actor on the show.

In this sense, the show was exactly like that "Las Vegas" program that Sasha was on last week. Good looking people, wearing good looking clothes, driving good looking cars, living in good looking homes, and none of them can act, and the writing is pure hack work.

CB1AB2

Medalist
I liked the show when it first aired and watched it a couple of seasons then lost interest =

myself I like watching Las Vegas = maybe cause I've been there 3 times and like seeing the clips of the strip = it brings back good memories for me = but I also like the characters too

psycho

On the Ice
This is arguably the worst show ever. The atrocious dialogue, the horrific acting, the dumbest plot in existence...don't get me started on the twins...lol.
It has brought me and my family so many laughs, although unintentional.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
"moral" how?"

Next to most of the shows on tv, it would be moral. I do agree that a lot of stuff goes on but they don't portray it as bad as most people in the country. I also thought it was better in that they didn't show the passionate scenes that you usually see. I know it wasn't your best acted or best storied but going against all the crap on most shows, I prefer it. I still miss the Walton's, Opie, Happy Days, Little House on the Prairie and others like those. I know a lot of them are on reruns but they're just not on at times I watch. Some of them, I do but it's now the same thing over & oveer.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
I liked it. Maybe I am in my second childhood. :rofl:
My biggest problem with the show all along had been "why did they pick such dumb kids to play those twins?" Sorry if that insults anyone but that is what I think. I never did like the spoiled brat and narcisstic Lucy. It was just so good to see a show that is moral.

I agree..Full House had the same problem with the twins - the Olsen twins - now Ashley and Mary-Kate have an empire going for them. Perhaps they were not as dumb as they appeared.

Jhar55

Medalist
But with the Olsen twins they shared a role unlike the twins on 7th Heaven, I didn't like them either guess because they just repeated each other. Maybe if the show contuined the writers may had a chance to let them devlope on their own.
It's not just 7th Heaven that have "beautiful people" most TV shows are like that.