Nicole Bobek | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Nicole Bobek

LBC

On the Ice
password said:
I'd slap her hand for winning a silver for the USA at the olympics but thats just me.

I swear more people HATE Sasha more than they dislike Tonya.

I think Piel was referring to Zhulin when she said "Sasha" as that is the nickname for Alexander and what friends call him.

password

On the Ice
LBC said:
I think Piel was referring to Zhulin when she said "Sasha" as that is the nickname for Alexander and what friends call him.

Sorry. Yup....Feeling like and IDIOT right now.

I believe the diminuative of Alexandre is Sasha and the dimunitive of Alexeandra is Sandra. The Ladies in question just want to show their masculine side.

Best Sasha ever is Abt - maybe the best skater too.

Joe

heyang

Record Breaker
I think Nicole is part of the Champions On Ice WINTER tour. This part of the tour occurs during the eligible competition season and usually features the 'older' skaters that don't appear in SOI.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
heyang said:
I think Nicole is part of the Champions On Ice WINTER tour. This part of the tour occurs during the eligible competition season and usually features the 'older' skaters that don't appear in SOI.

Do you mean was in the COI Winter tour? I don't think COI has a winter tour anymore. Of course it's sad that so many dates on this season's summer tour have been cancellled, but that's another story. :cry:

Eeyora

Final Flight
merrywidow said:
Has anyone ever kept track of the number of men Nicole was engaged to? QUOTE]
It's just as hard to keep track of the number of men Oksana Baiul has been engaged to.

portice

Spectator
Kasey said:
Anyone who slaps Grishuk is ok in my book!

I think the "brush with the law" was a breaking/entering thing, that was either B/E OR misunderstanding with the parents of her friend who lived there. But of course, Nicole also was a smoker, laxed in her training habits, and as already been said, a party girl...so the flames are fanned.

Let us not forget the infamous "bar stool" incident of 1997 that was widely discussed on rssif (and which is credited with inspiring the creation of the term "chairasexual"):

http://www.geocities.com/portice/port9.htm#bobek

Eeyora

Final Flight
Where did you even find that sight. I think her bad reputation stems more from coaching changes. The home invasion made it worse as did her inconsitentcies. Let us not forget the sneaking out of hotel rooms during the night during major skating competitions. Remember she was given the name Brass Knucles because she had a ring on at least each finger from numerous suitors.