Skating Dresses? | Golden Skate

Skating Dresses?

Skating_is_Flying

Spectator
I'm a begginer skater and I was wondering: Whats the best website for buying practice skating dresses? I've visted the marketplace section of goldenskate, but rather than check out every site I thought that some of you experienced skaters may have the answer.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
Find someone at your club that makes practice dresses and skirts. It is cheaper than ordering online. I am fortunate to be able to sew and make all of my daughter's apparell for both practice and competition. It's fun and I like to come up with new designs every year.:agree:

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
I bought a couple of cheap disco-dance dresses (without attached briefs) and wear them over a flesh-coloured leotard. This works very well, although I am an ice-dancer rather than a figure skater.

backspin

On the Ice
Mrs Redboots said:
I bought a couple of cheap disco-dance dresses (without attached briefs) and wear them over a flesh-coloured leotard. This works very well, although I am an ice-dancer rather than a figure skater.

You are still a figure skater; you're just not a freestyle skater! ;)

Skating_is_Flying

Spectator
dresses

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody! I found some very nice ones at skatedresswarehouse.com. I'm really happy with what I got.

Emma7639

Rinkside
Ugh ebay depresses me. I see so many beautiful dresses and I check the size and its like.. C6 C8 or even Adult XS..blah blah blah. Do they think only little kids need skating dresses?

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Emma7639 said:
Ugh ebay depresses me. I see so many beautiful dresses and I check the size and its like.. C6 C8 or even Adult XS..blah blah blah. Do they think only little kids need skating dresses?
I hear ya! Its rare to find a good ladies figure skating dress on ebay. I have found a few really nice ones, but they are few and far between.

Jcookie1982

Rinkside
dancindiva03 said:
I hear ya! Its rare to find a good ladies figure skating dress on ebay. I have found a few really nice ones, but they are few and far between.

And when you do find good ones, someone outbids you at the last minute!

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Heh, or you're between sizes--Frieda B's AM usually fits me, but the girth is really too long. And sometimes when I check an ebay dress--well, the bust is right, the waist is way too big, the girth is huge, the hips are borderline...I swear, if I weren't an utter incompetant with a sewing machine on basic stuff, never mind four-way stretch fabric, I'd make my own....

AlissaCzisnyFan

Rinkside
My mom sews a lot.
And she said she could make me a skating dress.
She has the fabric and supplies needed for making it.
Do you know where you can find a pattern?