It's All About Love--film about a skater in the future | Golden Skate

It's All About Love--film about a skater in the future

Johar

Medalist
The film is not about skating, so I posted it in this section.

This is a truly weird 2003 film set in 2021, where the world is on the brink of cosmic collapse. Joaquin Phoenix plays the husband of champion skater Elena, played by Claire Danes. They are always on the run because her existence helps her entourage stay in business. Since her heart is getting bad, clones have been made to replace her. The entourage knows that she knows.

What is really weird is that every now and then you will see a random dead person lying in the public and nobody seems to care. Even when one is lying at the bottom of an airport escalator, nobody takes notice.

And there are people in Uganda who are flying because gravity is disappearing in their part on earth. At the end is a shot of a dozen villagers tethered to the ground, floating in the sky as the new ice age is taking over in the rest of the world.

BTW, when Elena skates a stadium is packed to the rim. :laugh:

Johar said:
BTW, when Elena skates a stadium is packed to the rim. :laugh:
All right!!!!! Skating will make a comeback in popularity in 2021! Yay!!!!!

(Not so sure I look forward to gravity disappearing from Uganda, though. :think: )

Johar

Medalist
You don't like Claire? She seems pretty good to me, and is pleasing to the eye.

bloozywoozy

Rinkside
Johar said:
Here's a professional review:

http://www.villagevoice.com/film/0443,lim2,57860,20.html

Now this is by no means the only review, but it's a film that is difficult to describe. The scene of Clair Danes skating with her clones was too dang gone weird. I will say that Phoenix and Danes did have alot of chemistry.

Thanks for the news! :agree: I just bought it ( it sounded intriguing so I thot I would give it a try) but I haven't had time to see it yet, grrr! lol

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Johar said:
You don't like Claire? She seems pretty good to me, and is pleasing to the eye.

Not, she has been good and for some reason she hasn't obtained a good roll, and that is still the truth. Par fort he course with this film. The only thing I felt that was mentionable about it - positive or negative - was no comment at all. hoping to get one fan bases money, and obviously spent the same amount they expected to make on the movie.

I have said more than I wanted about this film.