View Poll Results: Which skating discipline do you favor above all others?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ladies

50 35.71%
  • Men

50 35.71%
  • Pairs

20 14.29%
  • Dance

20 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Figure Skating Discipline Favorite

Figure Skating Discipline Favorite

Which is your favorite?

It was a tough one but i had to go with Pairs. It was Pairs that got my interest going in figure skating even though over the years my interest in Pairs has very much depended on the skaters at the time...overall though, over the years, the Pairs has been the one i've most been interested in.

Ant

I guess Men... though I love to watch them all... but I have the most interest in the men's

and no, Joe, before we get into the hottie discussion that's not the reason. I just enjoy what they offer far more than the other disiplines... I always have a favorite in men's... whereas right now I don't have a fav. pairs team, and ladies I've never cared too much about... Ice Dance = I really only like the US teams lol

Custom Title
    It had to be Pairs for me! I've always loved the power, and many of my favorite skaters are pairs. Shen/Zhao- love 'em!

1st - Ladies
    2nd - Mens & Pairs
    3rd - Ice Dance

It used to be Pairs for me but in the past few years, it has, imo, become less of actual skating and more of crossovers into acrobatic lifts. Not my cup of tea.

I now think the guys have it over the ladies, and I would like to see Stephane win a third Worlds which would be creeping towards my favorite male skater's 4 Worlds.

This season I am interested in Kimmie's improvements and see how they stack up with Mao and Yu na.

I've also gotten into liking Juniors and hoping the medalists remain in competition.
    Tommy Steenberg and Caroline Zhang will be heavily scrutinized by me.

Joe

Skating Freak Barbie
    1. Mens
    2. Ice dance

--gap--

3. Pairs

--gap--

4. Ladies

Go NJ Devils
    What Kasey said.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I do love the men's discipline first.

Dee

Joe - you'd think i'd know this, but who do you consider your favorite male skater? I'm guessing it's Kurt? (if Stephane wins his third, and then fourth, consecutively he'll somewhat surpass both Kurt and Yagudin with 4 consecutive titles... a feat that was last done by Scott Hamilton )

Skater Girl
    I like them all! Dance, ladies and pairs moreso than men's.

Custom Title
    C'mon guys! Let's get some [I]pairs[I] voting going on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    Joe - you'd think i'd know this, but who do you consider your favorite male skater? I'm guessing it's Kurt? (if Stephane wins his third, and then fourth, consecutively he'll somewhat surpass both Kurt and Yagudin with 4 consecutive titles... a feat that was last done by Scott Hamilton )
    You guessed Kurt correctly, Toni. He's my fav but I still have to see more of Stephane to see if I will change faves.

I didn't know Yagudin had 4 Worlds. Good for him! And only Hamilton got 4 consecutively. hmm.

If Stephane's knee holds up, he could, theoretically, win 3 more before 2010 and another right after the Olys. That would total 5 plus 1 and maybe an Oly.
    Good boy.

Joe

Custom Title
    Mens

Pairs

Big gap to Ladies

Gap as big as the Grand Canyon to Dance and Synchro

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    You guessed Kurt correctly, Toni. He's my fav but I still have to see more of Stephane to see if I will change faves.

I didn't know Yagudin had 4 Worlds. Good for him! And only Hamilton got 4 consecutively. hmm.

If Stephane's knee holds up, he could, theoretically, win 3 more before 2010 and another right after the Olys. That would total 5 plus 1 and maybe an Oly.
    Good boy.

Joe
    Now I'm worried... I thought Yags got four... I'm pretty sure he's a 4time world champ... hmmmmmmmm lol

Scott's not the only one who's done it consecutively, but he's the last one to have done so IIRC

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast