New Sasha Article | Golden Skate

New Sasha Article

antmanb

Record Breaker
I thought i'd read a jounral entry on her website that said that she was definitely going to continue to compete until Vancouver 2010?

Ant

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
antmanb said:
I thought i'd read a jounral entry on her website that said that she was definitely going to continue to compete until Vancouver 2010?

Ant
She may have said that then but this is now. I will probably change my mind about something in the next 2 minutes. Haven't you ever??

I would like to see a few more seasons of her skating but if she doesn't want to then I wish her all the luck in whatever she does.

Dee

antmanb

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
She may have said that then but this is now. I will probably change my mind about something in the next 2 minutes. Haven't you ever??

I would like to see a few more seasons of her skating but if she doesn't want to then I wish her all the luck in whatever she does.

Dee

Absolutely i have which is why i don't think i'd make a big fanfare on my website and then on a TV show saying i'd stick with something that was four years down the line only to then contradict myself a couple of weeks later. Just seems strange that she wouldn't do the "one day at a time" things right from the outset...or at least not make some big announcement about it. I think it would be good for her to stick out another couple of seasons to see how she fares against the young ones coming through.

Ant

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
antmanb said:
Absolutely i have which is why i don't think i'd make a big fanfare on my website and then on a TV show saying i'd stick with something that was four years down the line only to then contradict myself a couple of weeks later. Just seems strange that she wouldn't do the "one day at a time" things right from the outset...or at least not make some big announcement about it. I think it would be good for her to stick out another couple of seasons to see how she fares against the young ones coming through.

Ant

While in theory I agree with you, I'm also thinking that it took her a bit of time to really process where her head was at immediately following the Games & Worlds... Its probably better to take this approach... I hope she figures out her next steps based on her heart's desire... We chat a lot about her sounding like a Kwan Klone in recent interviews, but if you keep it all in perspective, Sasha hasn't had a break since last fall... Right after the games, between the media & getting ready for Worlds, she didn't have a lot of time to contemplate her future & the same is true immediately following Worlds... But give a person hours on a bus & those thoughts have time to marinate...

Like Michelle, Sasha's young, rich & fabulous... and unlike Tara, her body isn't so broken that she could still skate if she wanted to... She has time & talent. I wish her nothing but the best on whatever she decides to do...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Absolutely i have which is why i don't think i'd make a big fanfare on my website and then on a TV show saying i'd stick with something that was four years down the line only to then contradict myself a couple of weeks later. Just seems strange that she wouldn't do the "one day at a time" things right from the outset...or at least not make some big announcement about it.

Yup. That's how I see it. At least MK doesn't make an announcement until she's absolutely sure she is going to do it.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog said:
Yup. That's how I see it. At least MK doesn't make an announcement until she's absolutely sure she is going to do it.
Well, maybe Sasha isn't quite as perfect as your are.

Dee

kittyjake5

On the Ice
Thanks for posting. Maybe Sasha does not know what she wants to do yet. I agree that she has been going non-stop for awhile and she is probably just now contemplating her many options. Sounds to me like Sasha has been bitten by the acting bug. I hope she does not retire from skating but if she does I wish her luck.

MKFSfan

Medalist
It seems like as more time passes, Sasha is feeling more and more like she's not going to remain eligible. Maybe once the tour is over and she takes her vacation, she'll be bitten by the competition bug and want to compete again.

People are saying she's mimicking Michelle-the one day at a time thing. To me, the difference is Michelle never really hinted she wanted to pursue other things seriously-Michelle says college, acting, commentating are things she's interested in trying in the future, while Sasha seems very interested in acting now. Michelle usually waits until she knows for sure to make any announcements, while Sasha goes back and forth. She is taking things one day at a time, exploring her options. I have a feeling she really wants to act, but knows it may not work out. Maybe in hindsight, she's realizing she may never accomplish her goals and it's OK. It's got to be very frusturating and tiring to look for that one thing to make it all perfect. I'm sure getting beat by Kimmie and her 3/3's was a wake up call.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
It may also be that Sasha is waiting to see how things "pan out" -- whether, for example, she actually gets the deal to do the Ben Stiller film (or gets other roles) or, whether she gets into a good college to study acting -- but is smart enough not to quit her "day job" until she has something to replace it with.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Kwanford Wife said:
While in theory I agree with you, I'm also thinking that it took her a bit of time to really process where her head was at immediately following the Games & Worlds... Its probably better to take this approach... I hope she figures out her next steps based on her heart's desire... We chat a lot about her sounding like a Kwan Klone in recent interviews, but if you keep it all in perspective, Sasha hasn't had a break since last fall... Right after the games, between the media & getting ready for Worlds, she didn't have a lot of time to contemplate her future & the same is true immediately following Worlds... But give a person hours on a bus & those thoughts have time to marinate...

Like Michelle, Sasha's young, rich & fabulous... and unlike Tara, her body isn't so broken that she could still skate if she wanted to... She has time & talent. I wish her nothing but the best on whatever she decides to do...

Actually thinking about it you're probably right - the announcement in April saying she'd comepte through to 2010 was probably while she was still hurting about the Olympics and Worlds and more than anything might have been a way to make herself feel better and say - you know what i've got another four years in me if i want. Maybe now on tour, having thought about it the missing Gold medals don't mean so much and she can actually think about whether she wants to compete or not.

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
The article is a promo. Not difficult to see that. And that one on MK was also a promo.

Does the fact its a promo negate what she says in it?

Ant

antmanb said:
Does the fact its a promo negate what she says in it?

Ant
From what I read, she didn't say anything she hadn't said before. The fact is that the people of Roanoke and the tourists will realize there is a skating show in town. And that's what COI is all about.

Joe

antmanb

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
From what I read, she didn't say anything she hadn't said before. The fact is that the people of Roanoke and the tourists will realize there is a skating show in town. And that's what COI is all about.

Joe

Actually i think it did say something she'd not said before - it totally went back on the jouranl entry she wrote announcing she'd compete right through to Vancouver 2010.

Ant

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I often wonder if people hang on her every word because they genuinely care or that they can just post their snarky comments. Sasha can say or do whatever she wants to with HER LIFE. It finally dawned on me that one poster is totally infatuated with her and tries to throw us off by posting negative things about her.

Dee