Paul McCartney Available! | Golden Skate

Paul McCartney Available!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Hate to hear anyone is getting divorced but heck a Beatle doesn't come along everyday:biggrin: :biggrin: . If anyone knows Paul let him know that Piel is available too and can be reached at 1-800-NOPRENUP!

Jhar55

Medalist
How STUPID can someone like him be NO PRENUP. When you already have the much "money" to take the chance and let someone be able to take it with just a signuature with a pen. They blame it all on the "Media".

antmanb

Record Breaker
Jhar55-1 said:
How STUPID can someone like him be NO PRENUP. When you already have the much "money" to take the chance and let someone be able to take it with just a signuature with a pen. They blame it all on the "Media".

Firstly they have announced their separation not their divorce. When asked about divorce they have both said nothing has been decided yet but they have separated.

Secondly prenumptual agreements, as yet, are not enforceable under english law, therefore regardless of any other reasons they may have had for not wanting a prenup, since they were married in England there would be no point in signing up to an unenforceable agreement.

Ant

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Ant does it matter that they were married in Ireland?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I would think a celebrity like Paul could work around the English no-prenup thing... still I think it shows a great amount of trust...

even if she is significantly younger than he is and you have to wonder what her motives are... *shrugs*

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I don't think she has any motives. She wanted to sign a prenup but he wouldn't let her. I, OTOH have lots of motives :biggrin: .

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Piel said:
I don't think she has any motives. She wanted to sign a prenup but he wouldn't let her. I, OTOH have lots of motives :biggrin: .

At his point I think Paul would just be hoping for whatever is best for the kids and her. And the money I am sure really isn't that much of an issue, as well the "nup" would only be based on what has incurred in the time they were together which she would be entitle to some simple due to being a "help" in what he has done over the past - what, 7 years I think. His "fortune" has made the largest increases over that period likely due to the relationship.

Not a friend of Paul's, yet I am sure he would say there was no need for one because he would never deny her of anything that they earned together anyway. He is no Elton John:laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Piel - but if she knew that prenups mean nothing in England... she'd be willing to sign because she'd probably get it thrown out anyway ;) At least I'd think about it that way lol

yes I can be sneaky sometimes ;)

antmanb

Record Breaker
Piel said:
Ant does it matter that they were married in Ireland?

I didn't realise they were married in Ireland!! I suspect it would matter since Irish law is different to English law and i'm not sure whether prenups are enforceable in Ireland or not...

Ant

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
The enforceability of many agreements (not just pre-nups or post-nups) depend on where the contract is to be performed/executed -- which would be where they lived, or maybe, where are getting separated/divorced. So, English law would probably control over Irish law.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Was listening to "I Love You and You Seem To Like Me," don't think that will sound the same.

I her defense (sort of), How can you follow Linda?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Just Heard the song "Junk" (awesome song) and could help but think that lyrics of the "items" in the song were
.. blank pre-nup,
'cause I fell in love,
shattered reality,
don't see the bill
'til I clear the hill,
and the roll is not for free.

Sorry I hope you all found humor in that - my mind doesn't usually think "gutterish" like that and I love Paul!

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
attyfan said:
The enforceability of many agreements (not just pre-nups or post-nups) depend on where the contract is to be performed/executed -- which would be where they lived, or maybe, where are getting separated/divorced. So, English law would probably control over Irish law.

Technically in Enlgand a choice of law and jurisdiction clause overrides any legal presumption as to the laws applying to it, with the exception of land. The reason why i think prenups cause a problem in the UK is because divorce proceedings are a legal issue that take place in the country where you are married therefore if you had a e.g. US law and jurisdiction clause in it you'd have to settle all the legalities of the divorce in the UK, then take proof of that to the US courts to settle the prenup which would be costly etc etc (though celebrities this isn't much of an issue). If they were married in Ireland then their marriage would be subject to Irish law (assuming all the things they signed were Irish marriage documents) regardless where they live.

Ant

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
antmanb said:
Technically in Enlgand a choice of law and jurisdiction clause overrides any legal presumption as to the laws applying to it, with the exception of land. The reason why i think prenups cause a problem in the UK is because divorce proceedings are a legal issue that take place in the country where you are married therefore if you had a e.g. US law and jurisdiction clause in it you'd have to settle all the legalities of the divorce in the UK, then take proof of that to the US courts to settle the prenup which would be costly etc etc (though celebrities this isn't much of an issue). If they were married in Ireland then their marriage would be subject to Irish law (assuming all the things they signed were Irish marriage documents) regardless where they live.

Ant

I know in the US (which got most of its contract law from the British common law), a contract has to include a specific choice of law or jurisdiction clause; otherwise, jurisdiction exists in (among other places) where the contract is to be performed. Also, do you know where in Ireland they were married -- or if Ireland has any laws governing the marriages of "foreigners"?

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
attyfan said:
I know in the US (which got most of its contract law from the British common law), a contract has to include a specific choice of law or jurisdiction clause; otherwise, jurisdiction exists in (among other places) where the contract is to be performed. Also, do you know where in Ireland they were married -- or if Ireland has any laws governing the marriages of "foreigners"?

I'm not familiar enough with the legal system in Ireland (or matrimonial law for that matter!) to know if there are any special rules governing the marriage of foreigners. Don't know where they were married either but i oresume that there would be a difference if it was northern Ireland or the republic of Ireland.

Ant