German Pairs News | Page 4 | Golden Skate

German Pairs News

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sandra_persch said:
Sure Steuer is guilty. Just like every member of the CIA is guilty. The work and methods aren't that different between the CIA and STASI. The only difference I see is that not everyone knows that a lot of former STASI member were the inspiration for the things CIA is doing nowadays.

Really? I was not aware that the CIA is charged with keeping US athletes from defecting to other countries, and paying other athletes to "rat" on their peers.

Your comments are WAY out of line, chicky.

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
Aljona and Ingo's relationship.. I wonder what will happen now. I hope that they continue the romance that they already have. They look so good together and can have gorgeous children. Eastern and Western European can make for very good looking children. One girl I knew who was half-German half-Russian was so beautiful. :)

Alsace

On the Ice
I didn't realize that Ingo and Aljona have been involved in a romatic relationship. This definitely explains her stand for Ingo as the only coach she would consider.

samuele

Spectator
:scratch: :disagree:
Anke G said:
Annette Dytrt to skate pairs with Norman Jeschke
http://de.sports.yahoo.com/09052006/30/deutsche-meisterin-dytrt-wechselt-paarlauf.html

Annette Dytrt (22), German national ladies champion, has joined Norman Jeschke (27), German pairs skater (most recently with Mikkeline Kierkgaard, who retired) to form a new German pair. They plan to train with Bruno Marcotte in Vancouver, BC. The pair became official at the beginning of May when the German federation gave its approval.

The German federation has severed ties with Ingo Steuer
http://www.netzeitung.de/sport/wintersport/400338.html

Because of "false and slanderous" comments Steuer made about the German federation in various interviews, they have severed their ties with him. The German Ministry of the Interior has also ruled that Steuer cannot be paid from public funds.

The comments Ingo made had to do with officials coming out of the woodwork to attend the Olympics at federation expense when the money could have been better used to support skaters. He also complained about lack of support. Not to excuse Ingo's behavior past and present, and he does seem to act and speak before he thinks, but I thought some of his comments about poor federation support of skating were indicative of a general rot in skating federations worldwide. How sad.

Ingo has already been discharged from his "sports soldier" status (six months before planned) because he lied about Stasi ties on his application. The news report did not have any comments on Ingo's future plans.

The German federation has indicated that they will engage a well-known coach to work with Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy in Chemnitz. Whether or not Sav/Szol will accept the offer remains to be seen.

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
I didn't realize that Ingo and Aljona have been involved in a romatic relationship. This definitely explains her stand for Ingo as the only coach she would consider.

Yeah, I think it is pretty obvious when they greeted eachother with hugs and kisses after a few events and it is not usual coach/student behavior. Well unlike Navka, etc who is married to her coach. Anyway I hear that during the Olympics he used her as a shield telling his lies that he wasn't a member of the Stasi. However Aljona doesn't seem like someone that would let Ingo take advantage of her or manipulate her.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
~Muffin~ said:
Yeah, I think it is pretty obvious when they greeted eachother with hugs and kisses after a few events and it is not usual coach/student behavior. Well unlike Navka, etc who is married to her coach. Anyway I hear that during the Olympics he used her as a shield telling his lies that he wasn't a member of the Stasi. However Aljona doesn't seem like someone that would let Ingo take advantage of her or manipulate her.
What's appropriate in a relationship may not be appropriate for a coach/ student situation. I someome accused my husband of something really bad, his word that he is innocent would be enough for me. With a teacher it's different.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seems Steuer isn't exactly a stand-up guy. He has a 'relationship' with Aljona despite the fact that he is married with children.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
While Steuer certainly has a child, he was not married to the child's mother at least as of Dortmund when he was seen with said child in the stands, and I've never seen a marriage verified (which doesn't mean I missed it).

If we wanted to list existing coaches who have had relationships with students or fellow coaches while they were married, the list would be longer than Steuer. While this might not make them stand-up guys, it's a big leap from having an affair to lying about being a Stasi informant.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
hockeyfan228 said:
If we wanted to list existing coaches who have had relationships with students or fellow coaches while they were married, the list would be longer than Steuer. While this might not make them stand-up guys, it's a big leap from having an affair to lying about being a Stasi informant.
Hockeyfan, I think the last few posts just criticized Steuer for using his girlfriend/ student to fight his battles. Frankly, if he is her boyfriend, he should have been protecting her from this mess not only as her coach but also as her bf.