Fourth of July Celebrations! | Golden Skate

Fourth of July Celebrations!

S

Show 42

Fourth of July Celebrations!

The Fourth of July is one of my most favorite holidays. What plans do you all have? I start the day by playing (continuously) my patriotic C.D. We have a big BBQ in the evening for friends and family with all the traditional picnic foods.....hot dogs, hamburgers, apple pie and homemade ice cream. Instead of bringing food, every family brings a few fireworks, which we light in the street at dusk (we're safe, we have our water buckets and shovels handy). We live near a high school stadium that does the aerial firework shows, so we enjoy a local fly-by from the Air National Guard......anyone else? 42

B

Blue Bead

Re: Fourth of July Celebrations!

Mine is pretty much the same as yours, Show, only without handling fireworks. My luck I'd blow off one of my fingers.:( We are going to the home of some friends. Their house is nestled in a secluded wooded section in a neighboring city. I always prefer shaded places when it's hot of the Fourth of July.:lol: I'm taking a couple of fruit pies for the dessert table, and they are supplying steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs, cold salads, baked beans--the whole works---for a gang of about 15 people. I'm sure with all the kids in that neighborhood there will be plenty of noisy fireworks celebrating the holiday.

Blue Bead

D

dlksk8fan

We celebrate by staying at home. Too much traffic to contend with. Also my older son has to work. At around 7:30 we will find a place to park and watch the fire works by my house:)

E

eltamina

Celebrate with music, a lot of music. :)

Sousa's marches
Copland's Poitrait of Lincoln

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:red;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">Would you believe I got a last minute call to show a house? Happily, they liked it and might write an offer! We are off to friends soon for a party and fireworks (she lives atop a hill and the view will be awesome!)</span>

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:medium;">
Happy 4th to all!</span>

J

Joesitz

In a few hours my neighborhood will be alive with humans scurring through streets from West to East to be enthralled with the sky spectacula which will take place I will be answering my door bell for friends and friends of theirs wanting to see the display.

Over the years, this ritual had become essential for the sole purpose of staying in the city, avoiding traffic and getting together for a celebration. Nice!

Joe

M

mathman444

I took my grandson (age 1.25) to the zoo -- his first time.

Mathman

S

Show 42

Thank you all for responding.........Mathman, a nice finale to this thread...........:D 42