Advice on printers | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Advice on printers

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean, thanks for all the info. I found this site as you had mentioned to check on the internet for scale and proportion conversions.

Enlarging Digital Photos

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
Remember that thread I started a while back with enlarged photos. Check it out again...I used an image enlargement program to do that.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
Remember that thread I started a while back with enlarged photos. Check it out again...I used an image enlargement program to do that.

I am interested, could you possibly give a link RD?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
BTW, Grgranny the HP1410 can be purchased at Walmart and is what I recommend for your needs. $90

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
This is going to be such big help. Hardly been here lately as I took my oldest
daughter to the hospital. Hoping to go home tomorrow. Thanks so much.
:biggrin: :love:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Another question

I found on HP's website that printer is $80. The postage is free over $100 order so am going to look and see what they have for $20. Also, My (angel) daughter,
husband and daughter are coming tonight but will leave tomorrow night. Don't know if they'll have time to shop for that. Will see. I was hoping we could get one and set it up before they left. Problem is they're going to help me with my list of to-do's and want to shop. I need to start my roast.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
I found on HP's website that printer is $80. The postage is free over $100 order so am going to look and see what they have for $20. Also, My (angel) daughter,
husband and daughter are coming tonight but will leave tomorrow night. Don't know if they'll have time to shop for that. Will see. I was hoping we could get one and set it up before they left. Problem is they're going to help me with my list of to-do's and want to shop. I need to start my roast.

That is a great Idea! I would by an extra Black (at least ) Ink cartridge for it - #56 I believe - That again is one of the great things about that particular printer. You can print in black only....

you have to select this when printing from programs - It says "Copies and Pages" on a pull down menu, click and pull down to paper type / quality and pick grayscale. You can also pick fast draft and most of the time this is MORE then adequate for printing - the quality is still really good when the cartridge has at least 20% ink left. you can also make copies in just black of those Pizza Hut coupons that are illegally charging "Delivery Tax" -

....This way you can save the color - but use it once and a while or it will dry up - and only have to replace the black.

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I have been told before I assume too much. I thought they all were set up to put in a different cartridge for color, etc. How dumb am I? Don't answer that one. I prefer to live in my own little world and not hear my flaws. ha

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
I have been told before I assume too much. I thought they all were set up to put in a different cartridge for color, etc. How dumb am I? Don't answer that one. I prefer to live in my own little world and not hear my flaws. ha

Some are and some aren't. The next step "up" in HPs line is a single cartage for all.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
"We" went to Walmart and looked around. Ended up getting an hp printer and copier-scanner. They were on sale, I think $73. They hooked it up, etc. so now I need to figure out how to use it. I also changed my program on my cell phone, got a new phone, and man I am having a terrible time trying to learn how to call people. Too many bells and whistles for me! Sure have appreciated all the help I received here. Thanks bunches.