What I am looking forward to at the 2007 Worlds! | Page 6 | Golden Skate

What I am looking forward to at the 2007 Worlds!

There should be good and challenging events in Ladies and Men. I give Mao 70% for the win with 30% trickling down among several other possible skaters.

For the Men it is even steven for Daisuke, Nobunari, Joubert, Lambiel - one of those 4 will win. Spoilers who may rise to the occasion depending on how well the fab four skate, could be Jefffey or Evan.

Pairs will be interesting to see if any team other than Chinese gets on the podium.

Dance - I hate to say it but I do not trust this Division to be above board.

Joe

satorare

Match Penalty
Oda changes his FS program to "Mission Impossible".
Something suites his personality better than Tchaikovsky's Symphony.
And he's serious about including a quad.
If he hits it, he can be a good candidate for a medal.

Oda changes his FS program to "Mission Impossible". Something suites his personality better than Tchaikovsky's Symphony.
This will be an interesting choice. The Mission Impossible theme is in five/four time, which makes for a funny cadence (although Lu Chen did a nifty job with Take Five.)

antmanb

Record Breaker
This will be an interesting choice. The Mission Impossible theme is in five/four time, which makes for a funny cadence (although Lu Chen did a nifty job with Take Five.)

Did lulu perform take five any more than the SP in 1997 worlds?

Ant

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
if oda hits a quad, and hits the other jumps.... he could easily win. Our prediction are gonna keep getting messed around. I don't think he will though... i havn't heard any quad talk before. I think he will wait on it. but then again.. who knows??

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I always thought that Oda was swamped by the Tchaikovsky. He wasn't able to put an interpretation on the music that stamped it as "his" program. "Mission Impossible" should suit him a lot better, and I think that was a good move.

Posters leave Oda and Takahashi out of their predictions at their peril. These two have skated extremely well all season (except at the GPF, where both were deathly ill with the flu). They are skating at homeand are motivated to succeed.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Well for the men it is hard to know to leave off at this point. Joubert has been red hot almost all season. Oda and Takahashi are hard to leave out for the reasons you stated. Lysacek though has been very consistent in the free skate all year, and in his last 2 events has been so even with the addition of a quad, and he maxes out jump layout and levels well. Lambiel is a question but for obvious reasons hard to count out totally either. There are only 3 medals.

if oda hits a quad, and hits the other jumps.... he could easily win. Our prediction are gonna keep getting messed around. I don't think he will though... i havn't heard any quad talk before. I think he will wait on it. but then again.. who knows??
OK. Then I must reiterate my Fab Four: Oda, Takahashi, Joubert, Lambiel. The only thing to do with this unpredictable division is to just hope that the one you like the most does win. I pick all 4 for various reasons and none can make it conclusive for me. I really think Men's will be the most exciting division if the Fab Four all skate their best.

Joe

emma

Record Breaker
OK. Then I must reiterate my Fab Four: Oda, Takahashi, Joubert, Lambiel. The only thing to do with this unpredictable division is to just hope that the one you like the most does win. I pick all 4 for various reasons and none can make it conclusive for me. I really think Men's will be the most exciting division if the Fab Four all skate their best.

Joe

These are my top four picks too and I have no idea how it will play out. I ALSO WISH that Buttle, Weir and Sandhu could be on the podium too -- so basically, I just can't wait to watch the men. I really don't think Evan can be counted out - if any of these top four picks falter he might actually be a shoe in.

shine

Record Breaker
What I look forward to the most is definitely seeing Lambiel's two new programs, which will hopefully carry him to his third world title :biggrin:

And also how Virtue/Moir will place now that all the dancers are there.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Both Joubert and Lambiel come into this competition with minuses: Joubert because of his foot injury, and Lambiel because he may have lost a step competitively by taking off a big chunk of time to do shows. In addition, Joubert had a big splurge at the beginning of the season and his Europeans showed that he had tailed off some from that. With the injury, he doesn't look as formidable as he did earlier in the season. Lambiel's motivation may have paled quite a bit from last season. He has even said the fire doesn't burn as bright as it once did.

That is not to say that either of them is not a potential medalist or winner, but they may not be as sharp as some of the others.

How do you think the Japanese Men will do in their Home Country. Will it be a factor for both?

The way I see it, is that if one hits the quad, the crowd will go wild and that skater will execute all elements without problems. the other skater will either be intimidated by his colleague or just not able to cope with the pressure, if he skates before the quad skater. I don't see both on the podium but hey, I've been wrong before.

Joe

emma

Record Breaker
It's so hard to know how the Japanese men (well, anyone) will do.

Takahashi has landed a quad in comp, and has been very consistent this year (save the flu). So, basically - if he hits the quad/skates clean this time he will become 'a consistent skater' without doubt. Problem is, will the pressure of home get to him? of worlds? Is he still an inconsistent skater with a couple of good ones this year is my question? I hope not, cuz I love this guy!

Oda is a different question because to my knowledge, he hasn't done a quad yet in competition; I think he was justing starting to hit them in practice in the fall. He has beautiful airy jumps, soft landings with deep knees and racks up points with combos. There's just this way I imagine that if he is ready to put the quad in, he'll land it - period. But that's another big if. Oda seems very consistent jump wise; so I expect him to do well. The bigger question for him is his stamina for the long (he gets slow and winded sometimes); and whether his footwork and in betweens have improved.

Having said all that, I really don't know what the home ice will do for them. But my feeling - like intutition - is that they will rise to the occasion.