Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: What I am looking forward to at the 2007 Worlds!

Banned
    At the last two Europeans Navka/Kostomarov have not been head and shoulders the best, but at the most important events, their last 2 Worlds, the last Olympics, and the last 3 GP finals, they were clearly the best and the clear winners. Enough to say they are head and shoulders above the rest in their prime.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21 View Post
    I look forward to Lambiel defending his World title, Meissner losing her World title, Pang/Tong defeating the Zhangs for a second straight Worlds, and Belbin/Agosto winning their first World title.
    Kimmie will always have her World Title!
    Even if she doesn't defend it, she'll always be World Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by AlissaCzisnyFan View Post
    Kimmie will always have her World Title!
    Even if she doesn't defend it, she'll always be World Champion!

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    looking forward to Delobel and Schoenfelder ruling ice dancing!

Rinkside
    ice dance...missing the canadians already. we've had amazing ice dancers with so much drive and emotion come from canada for so long...i think it's time for the next set of dancers to step up into the spotlight. perhaps there being a new opportunity will inspire more teams to shine. maybe it's time for another country, (other than the ever dominating russians) to take a step up and show us their talent. what makes ice dance interesting to watch is the emotion, footwork, story-telling- and unpredictability. looking foreward to seeing canada's new champions and the world's as well in ice dancing, (maybe they're one and the same? )............love to watch the bulgarians as well...

~missing dubreil and lazon~

On the Ice
    Hi everyone I'm new to the forum. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been watching skating since 2001 and I am a huge fan of Michelle Kwan, my Kween, lol. I think she's done but I hope we get to see her at another Nationals, maybe just an exibition, Fields of Gold maybe? Enough of Michelle, here's what I wanna see at Worlds.....

Belbin and Agosto get their first Gold Medal.

Sasha Cohen get the elusive Gold Medal, if not her than Mao Asada.

Miki Ando make the podium, she debuted with such hype and she hasn't lived up to it yet. She's off to a good start for the season.

Evan Lysacek and Johnny Weir both medal.

Hi, MKdream, glad to meet ya. Welcome to Golden Skate. Hope you like it here!

Mathman

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    dance: denkova/staviski injured and delobel/schoenfelder taking the gold
    mens:...brian joubert
    ladies: yu-na kim
    pairs: the young russian team that can do a split quad twist...i forgot their name
    (did they die or retire or soemthing...where are they)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21 View Post
    At the last two Europeans Navka/Kostomarov have not been head and shoulders the best, but at the most important events, their last 2 Worlds, the last Olympics, and the last 3 GP finals, they were clearly the best and the clear winners. Enough to say they are head and shoulders above the rest in their prime.
    I do not agree about N/K.As many thinks that they are probably the weakest couple wining gold medals the last years!Their only advantage to the other couples was the outlook and that they were pushed from the judges. Thats the reason they have never been the crowd's favourites, and thats why they were very angry- they win the medal but not the attention!
    Even at the last european you could hardly hear an applause from the audience

Rinkside
    I agree. Sadly, many Russian teams have struggled professionally following the Olympics. They may have won over the judges, but they often lacked charisma to captivate the audience. Nevertheless, they make excellent coaches!

I think Russian teams have struggled among themselves. I don't think there is any problem with them on the international scene once they get there.

They seem to all look alike in technique (excellent) and unfortunately, also in style. I don't care what kind of music they use. There is nothing, for me, to see any diversity in the Russian dance teams.

Del/Schern are quite different than the Ducheznays(sp) who are quite different from Annasina and Peizurat(sp)

B&A are quite different than Lang&Tchernychev who are quite different from Greg/Pet.

Borne/Krantz - Dub/Laz.

I think maybe the judges are accustomed to the Russian style and therefore they win every year because that has become the benchmark for the judges. Maybe it's time to reconsider the benchmark.

Joe

Tripping on the Podium
    I think Worlds is going to be pretty exciting this year.... (I'm already looking forward to 2009 though!)

In Ice Dance, I don't remember if I heard right, but Denkova/Staviski are most likely going to hold on for Worlds this year. In their interview during the GPF, they sounded pretty psyched for the rest of the season. (However, I have also seen interviews where they are considering final retirement for next season.) They are going to have difficulty from Dubrieul/Lauzon, but I really think these two are the only real contenders for gold this year. (As much as I love the Americans, etc.) I have also heard talk of Dubrieul/Lauzon trying to stay on until the next Olympics, even in hints from the pair themselves.

The nation for pairs is almost obvious; one of the Chinese pairs will probably win.

The women are a little harder to place. Kimmie is a talented girl, but the asian females coming up this year are likely to oust her. Mao and Yu-Na are the big contenders here, and it's quite hard to place the winner jusbetween them.

In the men, I have a great feeling about Stephane Lambiel. His inconsistencies in training so far and his injury/illness sheet may weigh heavily in some minds; yet he is supremely talented. His big competition is Joubert; I'm sure he also knows this. I feel that he'll step it up a little, and defend the title another year. Regardless though, Joubert is in excellent form. (The others to watch will be Takahashi, Oda and Lysacek. I want to say Jeff Buttle from past experiences. He might medal, but I have yet to see how he will perform this season.) In all seriousness, it isn't Weir's time yet. I don't feel he'll win, much less medal; I do think he will someday.

It's between Yu-Na, Mao and Miki! Triple triples are necessary in your arsenal in this era and these 3 are it! Kimmie is also up there in contention!!

Daisuke vs Brian and Nobunari

I think that even if Kimmie loses her title - and I hope she doesn't - she'll always be remembered as the 2006 World Champion - regardless of what titles follow.

Down With It
    Me too. Most skaters don't even get ONE world championship. Fumie Suguri, Joannie Rochette and Sasha Cohen are on the list of good skaters without a world title and Kimmie managed to win something that the three mentioned above will likely never get.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast