Thread: Gas Prices - Soaring Here in Good Ol' BC

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Gas Prices - Soaring Here in Good Ol' BC

Well the people back East - like Toronto or Calgary for example - may have plenty to complain about when it comes to weather, but at least they are getting a break on their gas prices. Out here in BC we are being gouged to death for our gas. It's already $1.21 per litre and I just heard this summer it will soar to $1.30 per litre. That's outrageous!!! We are being taxed to the max for our gas which is adding the price. Someone needs to be brought to task!!!!!

Soon will be pushing my car to work.

not sure what the difference is between Canadian vs US currency... but we're up to 2.88-2.94 here in Anchorage... and in Kenai, AK it's 3.05 last I heard...

it's stupid, we're refining and drilling and we're paying more than some places in the US that don't have any oil rigs... it pisses me off majorly

Custom Title
    In Europe it's nearly $8 per gallon, and that's American dollars.

Yes it's bites to pay $3.20 or so for the premium gas, but it could be $5 more.

Noticed it was $2,63 here.

Even at the $2.00 per gallon amount in the States - our gas is more expensive. A litre is smaller than a gallon and we are paying extra taxes on taxes. Even our neighbours in Alberta are getting a better deal than us!!!

Skater Girl
    It's $3.35/3.39 or so here, though I have found two places in town that go for $3.29.

Custom Title
    It's about 2.80 here.

Here in the L.A. area, the lowest I've seen it recently is $3.20 up to about $3.39. That's for regular gas and that's been the lowest it has been in months!

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    News stations here in San Diego are telling us we are paying the highest prices in the country; we're in the 3.50s right now, I believe. (Thank God I don't drive!! And my deepest sympathies with those of you who have to...) Remember the good old days when we wanted blood because it hit ONE dollar a gallon??

I guess it must be a "west coast" thing, even on the other side of the border. I've heard Vancouver referred to as "the Canadian Riviera", so perhaps that's a factor for some stupid reason. (Tho I know -- it's NOT funny...)

Isn't Europe metric, too? The US really doesn't have a lot to complaing about compared to other countries. It's our own fault that we're gas hogs. Can you tell I'm anti-SUV?

In NJ, $2.83/gal is the lowest I've seen lately. I believe areas just north of NYC are at around $3.30 due to the extra taxes in NY state. When travelling home from the old family home (which we're selling), the 1st gas station after crossing over into NJ from NY always has 4 long lines.

Custom Title
    I was in western Pennsylvania last weekend and it was $2.78 a gallon US. That converts to about 82.3¢ a litre in Canadian dollars (73.1¢ US). Meanwhile in the Toronto area it is around $1.053 a litre which works out to about $3.57 a gallon in US dollars (or $4 Canadian). As far as I'm concerned we are getting "hosed" on both sides of the border

I may start taking the bus again. Although that is still considerably inconvenient at times and expensive. Our transit system leaves much to be desired. The big wigs want us to take transit, but do little to make improvements. Go figure.