Skaters You Feel Left The Scene Too Soon | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skaters You Feel Left The Scene Too Soon

southwest wind

Rinkside
ITA with M and D. OK. was surely in hte right place at the right time, had great flexibility , but I always though Natalia Mishatuna had more passion and fire to balance off Artur . He always seem to be walking over Oksana.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Vash01 said:
Thanks for the info. What is the name of S&M's [Selezneva & Makarov's] daughter?
Ksenia Makarova. She competed in Intermediate last season and qualified for Nationals at that level. However, she didn't skate nearly as well in her Nationals qualifying round as she did in winning her Regional title, and did not make the Final round. I believe she included a double axel and 2 triples (salchow and loop) in her Intermediate free skate last season.

sk8addict

On the Ice
Pairs

OK, I know I'm a broken record on this but Don & Hunt. They could have been looking at a championship this coming season. I'm still trying to get Jenny back to pairs. I sure miss her beautiful smile.

rob43

On the Ice
I think we have to give Oppegard some of the credit for our Steigler/Zimmerman love. Moskvina seemed to be going for showy with a pair that to me was athlete (Ina) vs grace/flow (Z). They're Oly Lp kicked infinite *** but that was really the performance- I never felt Moskvina gave them appropriate programs themes to develop (like I/D's drums sp which suited them.)

I wish Debbi Thomas had stayed longer. Absolutely loved her. And I wish Harding had stayed in shape- well trained longer (she gipped herself.)

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
hockeyfan228 said:
I agree that Moskvina did about as much with Zimmerman and Ina, especially given how late in their career they came to her, as she could. According to them, they didn't even stop fighting each other until they sat down for lunch one day to actually discuss what they wanted from the partnership, which was after they started to train with Moskvina. If they had come to her as a pair rather than as a distant business partnership, they might have been able to take greater advantage of the opportunity to train with Moskvina in a short window. I think their skating skills improved a great deal under Moskvina's watch, and if Moskvina had dedicated herself to them day and night they wouldn't have come close to being the pair in eligible competition that Berezhnaia/Sikharulidze were. They had the privilege of having B/S as training partners.

As professionals, I think they've come into their own. I do think that their costuming, though, exaggerates even more the stylistic differences between them, with him in jeans and her in glossy skating dresses.

Do you think she gave them equal consideration to Berezhnaya/Sikharlidze though? That is one thing I always wondered about.

Vash01

Medalist
Sylvia said:
Ksenia Makarova. She competed in Intermediate last season and qualified for Nationals at that level. However, she didn't skate nearly as well in her Nationals qualifying round as she did in winning her Regional title, and did not make the Final round. I believe she included a double axel and 2 triples (salchow and loop) in her Intermediate free skate last season.

Thanks. Hopefully we will see her compete at the nationals in a few years.

Vash01

Medalist
shine said:
Krylova & Ovsiannikov - one of my favorite dance teams ever. They could have gone so much further and produced so many more masterpieces.
Kristina Czako - I miss her skating a lot. She was such a unique presence on the ice.

Shine, ITA about K&O. They were among my most favorite ice dance teams. Anjelika's injury ended their eligible career, and they did not have a chance to try to win the OGM in 2002. In fact after they retired, I lost interest in ice dance for a few years.

Why did Kristina Czako retire? She was exciting to watch. I remember the first time I saw her skate- in the 1992 Olympics. She was a cute 13 year old then. I love her Addams family number skated a few years later.

Vash

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Vash01 said:
Why did Kristina Czako retire? She was exciting to watch. I remember the first time I saw her skate- in the 1992 Olympics. She was a cute 13 year old then. I love her Addams family number skated a few years later.

Vash

She looked totally dispirited after missing her chance for a medal at the 97 Worlds by flubbing her free skate performance. Maybe that is when she decided since I never saw her again after that.